The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does Blackwood bring to the table ?

Margha_Ralmoren
Margha_Ralmoren
✭✭✭
Morrowind= Warden
Summerset= Jewelry and Psijiic skill line
Elsweyr= Necromancer
Greymoor= Antiquities

Blackwood's exclusive feature was supposed to be companions. But now with High Isle you can get companions and a card game. Do you need Blackwood to be allowed to unlock Ember and Isobel ? If not what's the point of getting Blackwood ?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 1, 2022 3:15AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add a new system every update the game will get bogged down with new skill lines to level every update. Sometimes a map an a story is fine IMO.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only need High Isle to unlock Ember and Isobel. Not having Blackwood will only lock you out from obtaining Mirri and Bastian.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirri and Bastian I guess.
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    maybe curated set collection doesnt count but i was pretty set with that lol
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some skyshards and skill points for doing the story quests
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's feature was concrete two followers and still is. Both last and this year we aren't getting much/complex because they're working on performance etc. at least so we were told last couple years.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Compared to other expansions, I don't feel like much. Sure it introduced Companions, but overall, there wasn't a lot. Leyawiin is a cool city, so that's a saving grace. I feel like it's one of those zones where you play it for the story and move on. It's very by-the-numbers, but I enjoyed my time in it.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lacking content and bad portrayal of imperials, Leyawiin, the south Nibenay and the conflicted cultural melting pot it's supposed to be :|
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian and Mirri rather than companions in general is fine with me.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rockgrove is cool
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waters Edge if your into housing. It's one of my favourite houses now even though it is quite small.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can now walk (or ride) from Woodhearth in Greenshade all the way to Windhelm in Eastmarch which was not possible before Blackwood was added.
    Edited by LonePirate on July 1, 2022 2:57AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add a new system every update the game will get bogged down with new skill lines to level every update. Sometimes a map an a story is fine IMO.

Well, the whole point of paying cash for a Chapter is that it adds a new system that justifies why its not merely a DLC bought for Crowns (and part of ESO+).

So a map and a story is a DLC, not a Chapter.

In fact, one of my recurring issues with the Chapters is that ZOS keeps charging $40 for less impactful features than the new classes we got with Morrowind and Elsweyr, which also cost me $40.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 1, 2022 3:17AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post