The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Think I Glitched/Broke Oakenshield Ring Lead Drop from Titanclaw (WB)

Android_Archer
Android_Archer
✭✭✭
I collected 4 of the 5 leads very quickly and easily, in this specific order.

1) Petrified Oak Loop (Murkmire)
2) Stone Shank Frame (Glenumbra)
3) Sacred Resin (Malabal Tor)
4) Igneous Inlays (High Isle)

I then scried for and excavated those 4 leads BEFORE trying for the 5th lead from Titanclaw (World Boss). Over the past 3 days, I've killed Titanclaw literally no less than 50 times (and I'll continue trying although, with less fervor now), with multiple characters, always doing enough damage to have items available for looting from the corpse. Yet, despite this, the lead fails to drop. I truly believe the way I went about collecting and/or scrying then excavating the first 4 leads, has caused the entire lead chain to break in such a way that the 5th lead simply will not drop. Perhaps the way I went about it, bugged the game into believing I already received the lead so, it won't spawn for real? I'd appreciate this possibility being looked into. Thank you.
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    One other thing of note perhaps. All 4 discovered leads where scryed and excavated for, with a different character than the one that originally pulled the leads. But, it was the same character that did the scrying and excavating.
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I have the same issue, I got the 1st four items with ease, but my 5th is a pain in the butt. I did it different order, Crab, volcano, safebox, mobs, and I'm stuck on the mine one.

I've collected over 600 ores as a result lol, at least im getting something else out of it.

It just seems odd. maybe today will be the day. :)
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    Over the past 3 days, I've literally and, I do mean LITERALLY killed Titanclaw (WB) no less than 30 times (probably a lot more than that) with all 4 of the characters I used in the pursuit of, scrying for and, excavation of those leads. In fact, I'm still at it, despite my real belief that it is for the moment, in vain. Every kill had drops. That's not exaggeration for effect, that's just simple truth. Every, single, kill. I got drops but, no lead. Hell, even if 1/4 of that many kills had no drops, the odds are still in my favor that the lead would drop in one of the others.

I'm pointing this out only to clearly demonstrate that this isn't a gamer whining about not getting stuff because, I'm definately getting stuff. My mats bag is quite happy with me at this moment. But, I legitimately believe I've accidently glitched/broken the drop chain in some way that will, until fixed, prevent me from ever being able to complete this item.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    purely poor RNG

i always scryed and excavated leads as soon as i got them (so they dont expire), some leads ive had easy time with (like the one from vile manse chests, psijic portals in south elsweyr, etc) and then others are still eluding me (lead from watchlings, lead from daily crafting writs, etc)

edit: dont forget to check to see if you have already gotten the lead, the normal game UI is freaking terrible for determining what leads you have active (if on PC i recommend display leads addon)
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on June 30, 2022 3:42PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on XB NA and I respectfully disagree. While RNG does certainly play a factor, there comes a point when the odds are simply askew. Understanding how RNG works (from a programing perspective) and also having figured out how to 'reroll' that RNG value in many situations (yes, you can and in fact, you 'reroll' it all the time through specific actions in game), coupled with the fact that I've cycled through multiple characters over the course of the past 3 days (and will continue to do so, regardless). I sincerely believe I've discovered (accidently) a legitimate glitch/bug.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on XB NA and I respectfully disagree. While RNG does certainly play a factor, there comes a point when the odds are simply askew. Understanding how RNG works (from a programing perspective) and also having figured out how to 'reroll' that RNG value in many situations (yes, you can and in fact, you 'reroll' it all the time through specific actions in game), coupled with the fact that I've cycled through multiple characters over the course of the past 3 days (and will continue to do so, regardless). I sincerely believe I've discovered (accidently) a legitimate glitch/bug.

in the main forum there are people complaining about not getting the daily writ lead after doing near 300 writs, its poor RNG

some people had an easy time with the lead from watchlings (first or 2nd kill), ive killed several hundred of those little guys and nothing yet

i do think they should increase drop rates of leads in general, but the lead is certainly not "broken" because you dug up the other leads
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    [quote=the lead is certainly not "broken" because you dug up the other leads[/quote]

While it's certainly true that many (including myself) have noted the easy gathering of most leads, there also appears to be a growing number of people noting an inability to collect that final lead.

Let me clarify. I'm not suggesting that this specific lead is broken. I'm suggesting that the lead CHAIN is broken/breaking. That perhaps somehow, the action I (and it appears, others) took (order of collection, scrying for and gathering prior to all leads being gathered, obtaining leads with one character, scrying/excavating with another, a combination of these things?) has somehow unintentionally broken the chain. Perhaps what we did, has somehow triggered a flag in the programming that indicates that final lead has already been gathered so, it will never drop (again, as far as the program is concerned) until the item itself is collected.

It's worth the time for people to make these observations and post the information as it might lead to further investigation. Perhaps another observation that doesn't necessarily discount the idea of 'poor' RNG but, suggests there's more to it than that, is the fact that while trying to get this lead, I have gathered (through looting chests and farming nodes) two other area leads (multiple times, across each character) for the Beacon of Tower Zero (Nodes) and Noble Knight's Rest (chests).
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for multi part mythics there is no "order" requirement for leads, they can literally be collected in any order, scried and dug up in any order, it does not affect the other lead from dropping

the crab WB happened to be my 3rd lead that i got, then the murkmire lockboxes, then the malabal tor one which was the most difficult for me

i dug up each lead as i got them, as the leads themselves are completely independent of each other (the only caveat is you cannot get a lead as a drop if you already have it but have not scried and dug up, or its part of a multi-part that you havent completed, so for oaken example you have dug up the murkmire lockbox lead, you cannot get this lead again until you finish the whole mythic)

so yes, in this case it is just very very bad luck with the RNG
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    Well, regardless of what you think is happening. Unless you're one of the programmers, privy to what's possibly happening at the code level, I've submitted my bug report, in the bug report forum. We can continue discussion of what you think is happen, in the general chat forum if you like. Thanks for your input on my bug report.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably RNG. I got four of the leads quite quickly. The fifth one (Malabel Tor) took me quite a while. I dug up each lead after getting it.