Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login restart not working this last time.

• conaninja
    conaninja
    ✭✭
    Yeah the same problems. Yesterday a restart sorted it today I can't get in. Doesn't even try to load.... :(
  • Morgaledh
    Morgaledh
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, can't log in. "Unexpected internal error has occurred. Please contact customer service." PCNA. Zenithar broke the server!
  • gwdodd
    gwdodd
    ✭✭✭
    Well? Good to know I'm not alone.
    Restarted pc with same issue. Server authentication doesn't even think about it before giving the error.
    It was fine the day before.
    Platform: PC
    Server: NA
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Surely this is a server side issue so restarting should have nothing to do with it.

Unless it's a launcher malfunction...

Theres been no patch pushed and login was fine earlier. It would be impossible for the launcher to randomly break on this scale with no update.
  • Fester82
    Fester82
    ✭✭
    I cant log in now either. I could login yesterday no problem. Damn it i was looking forward to this event.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was logged in after reparing, excluding AGAIN from antivirus, restarting computer, but then i had to take care of my kitty, game logged me out, and now i can not log in again

Error 201.

And the event just started .....
    My most recent characters
    AD - Columba nera NB
    --Gran'ma is away from the game for resting after Covid and 9 teeth removed as she is totally knocked down -
  • totzummrdave_ESO
    totzummrdave_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If I counted all the times this kind of avoidable incompetence occurred throughout the course of a year, it adds up to just under three dollars of paid time lost. Multiply that by the number of paid subscriptions...
  • Timorelle
    Timorelle
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, most people bummed about not being able to start the event and I'm over here all "But... but... I was supposed to get Sereyne; she's the last thing I need to finish the house that I've been working on for five months....."

It's all good! I'm sure the issues will be sorted soon enough; ZOS is usually quite good about that. Just wanted to play-whimper a bit, hehe.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    7z69usobhy6l.jpg

ZOS Backup plan
    PC-NA
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just tried it again but this time it didn't work, I am a sad panda.

However EU worked. I found that altho I could get in to EU when I left the login fail sign was up. As if it had tried to stop me from entering but was very slow.
  • gwdodd
    gwdodd
    ✭✭✭
    Event? I'm like; but.....writs..
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RagnarSw wrote: »
    Surely this is a server side issue so restarting should have nothing to do with it.

Unless it's a launcher malfunction...

Theres been no patch pushed and login was fine earlier. It would be impossible for the launcher to randomly break on this scale with no update.

Impossible? Wouldn't say that. But I will say looking up the 201 error, ESO says on their support pages it's a server side issue and/or the connection between client and server is somehow broken (which would include the launcher not sending appropriate info).
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    Hmmm... Is it standard to have to select a REALM now? As there is only one, it's rather funny. For now, can't login, it takes ages at connecting to NA Megaserver

What do you mean by "realm"? Each platform has two regional megaservers, EU and NA. You can choose between them. PC EU currently logs in ok, PC NA doesn't.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok but the streamers are all able to get in the game and stream the new event. Funny how that works! Can I get the servers they're playing on, please?
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • kindred
    kindred
    ✭✭✭
    Login fail on event day? Why are there always problems when there is an event? I mean like every time. Its really starting to *** me off. C'mon zos get it together please.
    Edited by kindred on June 30, 2022 2:28PM
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    Hmmm... Is it standard to have to select a REALM now? As there is only one, it's rather funny. For now, can't login, it takes ages at connecting to NA Megaserver

What do you mean by "realm"? Each platform has two regional megaservers, EU and NA. You can choose between them. PC EU currently logs in ok, PC NA doesn't.

Sometimes when the servers are funky you will see each megaserver having multiple servers.
  • gwdodd
    gwdodd
    ✭✭✭
    the other strange thing that has started happening again (overnight) is I must bring up task manager to end the eso process when quitting the game.
    It's been fine since the last update.
    I have IT background and I understand this stuff isn't easy but...sheesh.
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Tried the restart. Didn't work.

tap... tap... tap...

Apparently the servers don't have enough zeal. :p
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gwdodd wrote: »
    the other strange thing that has started happening again (overnight) is I must bring up task manager to end the eso process when quitting the game.

Unfortunately, for me, it's been that way for a while. I click on "QUIT" and the program just hangs and doesn't respond. In this case, it could be a Windows issue not closing the program appropriately. You'd think Windows would be "smart" and "intelligent" enough to offer a choice to force close a program after several attempts. I mean, this is a known problem with Windows that spans decades. You can end process, but why do I have to repeatedly do that every...single.......time.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on June 30, 2022 2:33PM
  • reiji23
    reiji23
    Soul Shriven
    I can log in to EU fine, but I don't play on EU. NA just instantly gives a log in failed message.
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure hope it doesn't take a day to sort out.
  • Etny2k
    Etny2k
    ✭✭
    I got booted from server message and now cannot get back in.
  • gwdodd
    gwdodd
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback @EmEm_Oh
    I keep my pc running pretty clean with minimal software installed and I did a complete windows 10 reinstall on a new hard drive a couple months ago.
    And despite being a geek with IT background I certainly don't tinker with the system. I only want it to work.
    I did an ESO "Repair" about a month ago which yielded the same hang on game closure.
    I pretty much refuse to accept the problem is on my end.
    Thanks for reading.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't log in either. PC-NA. Thumbs-up, ZOS.
    Ray
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA Error 201.

Didn't even know the event was starting, just logging in to do some Endeavors.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, for me, it's been that way for a while. I click on "QUIT" and the program just hangs and doesn't respond. In this case, it could be a Windows issue not closing the program appropriately. You'd think Windows would be "smart" and "intelligent" enough to offer a choice to force close a program after several attempts. I mean, this is a known problem with Windows that spans decades. You can end process, but why do I have to repeatedly do that every...single.......time.

That's not windows' responsibility. ESO does not properly release resources - they are undoubtedly not properly handling WM_CLOSE message from OS.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    gwdodd wrote: »

Yes, I had that as well this morning.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • gwdodd
    gwdodd
    ✭✭✭
    Currently, at least task manager can end the process.
    For a couple weeks before the last update I had to restart the pc to end the process.
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenifarrrrrrr from being able to log in.
    Zeinfarrrr *cough*
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not windows' responsibility. ESO does not properly release resources - they are undoubtedly not properly handling WM_CLOSE message from OS.

Responsibility versus CHOICES. I want a CHOICE to FORCE CLOSE an app automatically when it Windows says it cannot. Why doesn't Windows offer that CHOICE. Like I said, I have to repeatedly go into TM and "end process". It's tedious and MS should have offered an easy solution to fix the "Not Responding" message for the same...app...being....close.

This is a Windows problem, and I've experienced it for decades with multiple operating systems, like I said in another post. You'd think MS would have offered a solution to their "Professional" OS releases.

Simple idea...

Right-click on process, two choices come up in the Compatibility menu or wherever. 1, continue as normal, 2, force-close this process when Windows cannot initially close it normally.

That's it.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on June 30, 2022 3:06PM
This discussion has been closed.