The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not seeing upgraded card.

Roxxsmom
Roxxsmom
✭✭✭
According to my collections menu, I have two upgrades in my Duke of Crows deck: toll of silver, which I have had for a while (through a couple dozen games with several different characters) and murder of crows, which I just got. I believe this is what the green dot means in your collection menu view of your decks.

But I have never seen the toll of silver card come up in any of the games I've played since I have had it. It's always the toll of flesh card. I know this sounds stupid, but is there something I need to do to actually make the cards become active in my deck during play (besides being the one who chooses that patron at the beginning of the game).
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I forgot to post the screen shot with my first message
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    0nnktuvdfkgo.png
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In order to get the upgrades cards, I believe you have to be the one to choose the crow patron. If you're playing against someone that doesn't have it upgraded, then the upgraded card won't be in the deck.

Furthermore, each deck has several copies of the un-upgraded card, so even after you upgrade a card, there are still a few copies of the previous version along with the upgraded version, so you could get a deck with toll of flesh and toll of silver.

You could always click on the draw deck to see if it's included while you're playing.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are usually either 2 or 4 copies of a card, and the upgrade changes half of them to the upgraded version
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    there are usually either 2 or 4 copies of a card, and the upgrade changes half of them to the upgraded version

Thanks for your replies! I think this must be the issue. After playing many matches, I finally saw the upgraded cards come out in a game. I was just getting unlucky, I guess.

Another related question: when can you start using the "green" Anser Fraser Hunding deck, once you get it as a reward? I was awarded this after advancing to Rank 2, but it's still not coming up as a choice for me during matches with npcs. And it is still not highlighted when I go into my collections menu. Is this only available when playing against other players, or must I achieve a certain rank for it to be unlocked? Seems odd to give it as a reward for advancing in rank if that rank isn't sufficient to use it.t6drokbawtqa.png
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    Correction: The "green" deck was awarded to me after I finished the main High Isle quest chain, so I am guessing one must get to a higher Tribute rank to select it in games?
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roxxsmom wrote: »

Thanks for your replies! I think this must be the issue. After playing many matches, I finally saw the upgraded cards come out in a game. I was just getting unlucky, I guess.

Another related question: when can you start using the "green" Anser Fraser Hunding deck, once you get it as a reward? I was awarded this after advancing to Rank 2, but it's still not coming up as a choice for me during matches with npcs. And it is still not highlighted when I go into my collections menu. Is this only available when playing against other players, or must I achieve a certain rank for it to be unlocked? Seems odd to give it as a reward for advancing in rank if that rank isn't sufficient to use it.t6drokbawtqa.png

You need to collect 5 fragments to make that deck.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roxxsmom wrote: »
    Correction: The "green" deck was awarded to me after I finished the main High Isle quest chain, so I am guessing one must get to a higher Tribute rank to select it in games?

looking at your screenshot, you have not unlocked it yet

you have to go to your collection menu->fragments and actually combine the 5 hunding fragments together to unlock the deck
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014