The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add option for base patrons only.

vivisectvib16_ESO
vivisectvib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Honestly, already people are abusing/griefing via the unlockable patrons. Please add an option, for BOTH ranked and unranked as well as NPC matches, that only allows the use of the original four patrons.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not understanding what the issue is. Could you please explain how they are abusing and griefing?
    PCNA
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this. I also don't understand how other desks are abusing or griefing?
    Eventually any player unlocks them extra desks. And unlocking Ansei and Rajhin are very easy as this does not even require ToT levels - but just doing the new zone content.
    Also there was one Rich's interview, mentioning there were 12 desks in development. What has happened with extra four - we know not, but i strongly hope that after some tuning/refining we will have more desks added to ToT in some time soon(tm).
    PC EU
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not an exploit. They just went out and worked for the other decks and you have as much of a chance to win playing those decks as they do. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Exile on June 30, 2022 3:34PM
    What is the definition of insanity? Ask ZOS.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    Not an exploit. They just went out and worked for the other decks and you have as much of a chance to win playing those decks as they do. [snip]

[edited for baiting]

[snip]

What I'm getting at, is that novice players who haven't experienced the other decks enough to know how to use them strategically, are being punished for it by being matched with people who have these extra decks, and know exactly what to do in order to railroad an an opponent. (and as a side note, I don't mean "exploit" in the sense you're used to)

Feels completely unfair for me to walk into an EBONY ranked match and get Rahjin-spammed and lose ranking points because I haven't had a chance to experience that deck properly. But clearly I'm out of line for wanting a level playing field for the ranking tier that I'm currently on.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Exile on June 30, 2022 3:35PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why i play against npcs more, i never experienced the reach deck until i started playing proficient NPCs, the first couple matches it was in play even the npcs were beating me until i understood how it was played better
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    So when ranking up you will find the higher level npc they will use any of deck there is rng on what they choose. It’s not hard to learn how they work when playing the npc so when playing other players you will have better idea how to play them when they choose those decks.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawkeye wrote: »

[edited for baiting]

[snip]

What I'm getting at, is that novice players who haven't experienced the other decks enough to know how to use them strategically, are being punished for it by being matched with people who have these extra decks, and know exactly what to do in order to railroad an an opponent. (and as a side note, I don't mean "exploit" in the sense you're used to)

Feels completely unfair for me to walk into an EBONY ranked match and get Rahjin-spammed and lose ranking points because I haven't had a chance to experience that deck properly. But clearly I'm out of line for wanting a level playing field for the ranking tier that I'm currently on.

[edited for baiting]

A-You threaten a report for flame baiting and then proceed to imply they have no life.

B-Yes, novices will face cards they are unfamiliar with. It’s part of the learning experience to face new things and to learn from them.

C-The playing field is as leveled as it can be. You have access to the same cards that they do and you are matched with people that are in the same ranking.

D- You can experience these decks by playing against npc, if other players took the time to learn and get those decks, they deserve to be able to play them just as much as you deserve to play your own strategies after learning them with your own experience.

E-It is not exploiting or griefting to use the game mechanics as they are intended. If you are not using these words as most people understand them, you should elaborate further or use different words.
    Edited by ZOS_Exile on June 30, 2022 4:55PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players who have earned additional decks should not be restricted from using them because someone else may not have gotten proficient with them yet.
    PCNA
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a starter decks only option (Pelin, Hlaalu, Crow, Psijic), an acquired decks only option (Ansei, Rajhiin, Red-Eagle, Ognum), and an option to pick 4 random decks for those who have all eight. But having these might make the wait time really long as everyone would have their own personal preference and the player base would be split among the options.