Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current state of combat in PVE

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
Good day!

I took a bit of a break from this game, and now i'm thinking of returning. I looked at several guides and buildouts and, correct me if i'm wrong, builds are in a worst state they have been almost ever. Now, since there is no difference between Stam and Mag, all the DPS builds are literally the same. All are DW/2H and almost 0 variations. not saying you can't play something else, but your DPS goes down by 10-25%. Feels like the combat is becoming worse and worse the more ZOS tries to hybridize.

Is there something i'm not seeing?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your a meta chaser, in a hybrid environment there is going to be 1 optimized build to rule them all

if you dont want to meta chase, its still very viable to have good dmg, you dont NEED 100k+ dmg for anything, its mostly used to bypass mechanics or scorepushing in trials
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i'm trying to come back to the game and looking at parses/videos on youtube.. this is really not appealing at all. why would they allow builds to end up in that kind of state? build diversity seems nonexistent.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @washbern @ecru Try not to read too much into the build and parse videos. There are a ton of viable options this patch. I agree 2h back bar is a little too dominant, but other weapon types still work fine (bow may be slightly too weak).
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ecru after a lot of research i found a sorc stamina staff/staff build which i managed to parse almost as high on as the meta dw/2h. I agree with @WrathOfInnos . But we are still circling the toilet bowl with literally the same sets that were meta and still are. Rele / Kinra / Nirn / Bahsei. nothing changed.