The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Vampires Great (or just good) Again!

Zastrix
Zastrix
✭✭✭✭
At the current state vampires are just... bad, at least in PvE, I can't say much for PvP...

The ultis are just WoW! Do they look stupid visually! A Vampire lord (why even make it a vampire lord even? Shouldn't that only be allowed for vampires of high degree given only by chosen ones and not by mortals infected by blood fiends?) should look terrifying, like a lion amongst the sheep. Not like a socially awkward thing which is conscious about it's body image. Also it doesn't have wings like the other vampire lords in the game. It would be great too if it had a flight animation. The skills themselves are okay but they lock the player in place for a second or two while transforming to and back.

And honestly a better ultimate that it is just Soul Tether. It looks better, hits better, costs less and thematically can be used as it leeches of enemies health.

Eviscerate is meh. A melee attack which doesn't hit good and costs magicka. So it's not good for stam nor magicka builds. Arterial Burst might actually be good if it became a long-range skill. I won't touch Blood for Blood and say for it to become stamina and remove the heal ignore as it might still be used in PvP and don't wanna remove their skill (if they aren't using it then allow it to become a stamina morph)/

Blood Frenzy, honestly never used it. It could be used for healers but I don't see much viability in endgame content at all.

Vampiric Drain, if not the worst skill in ESO ever. It does next to nothing in damage, locks the user to not use other skills and... I can't say anything else. I would guess it could become good if it became transformed into an execute skill. But even that would need sailing as Killer's Blade which does 4.4 disease damage scales up to 13.2k (300%) so I would take a guess that Vampiric Drain should be altered to do higher damage or add the execute scaling up to 400% to be in the same ball-park. Another viable change is to make it a tether skill so you could use other skills alongside it. I would completely ditch leeching strikes for this!

Hypnosis and it's morph I actually like a lot so from the PvE POV no need to change it.

Blood Mist... is just a great example of ZoS making some mechanics asinine and when a few people use it they nerf it to hell and back. Just flat-out removed the good passive from PvE... Make it at least give you something like Major Evasion in PvE, but even that would make it useless in endgame PvE-ers as deadly cloak or mirage would give it (I don't know outside of scope of nightblades). I would have no problem if I get at least a 25% reduction (50% would be best).

That's only for the active skills...

Not for the passives...

No health regen on stage 4? Really? When there are literally skills which COST health?

Stage progression, I have to suck on NPCs to get my stage up? Shouldn't a vampire become more 'powerful' and get higher penalties depending on how much it doesn't feed like in every other TES game?

A 12% base-game ability cost for become 'more powerful' and having your 'cheaper' skills do almost zero damage?
Edited by Zastrix on June 29, 2022 5:06PM
110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    Zastrix wrote: »
    At the current state vampires are just... bad, at least in PvE, I can't say much for PvP...

The ultis are just WoW! Do they look stupid visually! A Vampire lord (why even make it a vampire lord even? Shouldn't that only be allowed for vampires of high degree given only by chosen ones and not by mortals infected by blood fiends?) should look terrifying, like a lion amongst the sheep. Not like a socially awkward thing which is conscious about it's body image. Also it doesn't have wings like the other vampire lords in the game. It would be great too if it had a flight animation. The skills themselves are okay but they lock the player in place for a second or two while transforming to and back.

And honestly a better ultimate that it is just Soul Tether. It looks better, hits better, costs less and thematically can be used as it leeches of enemies health.

Eviscerate is meh. A melee attack which doesn't hit good and costs magicka. So it's not good for stam nor magicka builds. Arterial Burst might actually be good if it became a long-range skill. I won't touch Blood for Blood and say for it to become stamina and remove the heal ignore as it might still be used in PvP and don't wanna remove their skill (if they aren't using it then allow it to become a stamina morph)/

Blood Frenzy, honestly never used it. It could be used for healers but I don't see much viability in endgame content at all.

Vampiric Drain, if not the worst skill in ESO ever. It does next to nothing in damage, locks the user to not use other skills and... I can't say anything else. I would guess it could become good if it became transformed into an execute skill. But even that would need sailing as Killer's Blade which does 4.4 disease damage scales up to 13.2k (300%) so I would take a guess that Vampiric Drain should be altered to do higher damage or add the execute scaling up to 400% to be in the same ball-park. Another viable change is to make it a tether skill so you could use other skills alongside it. I would completely ditch leeching strikes for this!

Hypnosis and it's morph I actually like a lot so from the PvE POV no need to change it.

Blood Mist... is just a great example of ZoS making some mechanics asinine and when a few people use it they nerf it to hell and back. Just flat-out removed the good passive from PvE... Make it at least give you something like Major Evasion in PvE, but even that would make it useless in endgame PvE-ers as deadly cloak or mirage would give it (I don't know outside of scope of nightblades). I would have no problem if I get at least a 25% reduction (50% would be best).

That's only for the active skills...

Not for the passives...

No health regen on stage 4? Really? When there are literally skills which COST health?

Stage progression, I have to suck on NPCs to get my stage up? Shouldn't a vampire become more 'powerful' and get higher penalties depending on how much it doesn't feed like in every other TES game?

A 12% base-game ability cost for become 'more powerful' and having your 'cheaper' skills do almost zero damage?

Vampire got one of the strongest spamables in game. Like for me i es it never made sence why vampires got weaker feeding. But the skill line is boring that i can admit its very passive
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You underestimate vamp spammable to be honest. I feel like blood for blood should do bleed damage, but other than that i think it's fine.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on June 30, 2022 7:33AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cost: 2295 Health.
    Range : 5 meters
    Rend an enemy, dealing 3097 Magic Damage. Deals up to [60 / 65 / 70 / 75]% more damage based on your missing Health. After you cast this ability, you cannot be healed by allies for 3 seconds.

How good ? You have problem with sustain or you like to dmg with low health .
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    You underestimate vamp spammable to be honest. I feel like blood for blood should do bleed damage, but other than that i think it's fine.

Bleed on enemy and yourself as blood for blood along with health cost but ppl forget vamp drain is also strong and undeath wich needs a nerf
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually my bad, I totally forgot about the hybridization and the stat for the spammable is actually near surprise attack. Damage wise it's good but it's melee so the only builds I could guess would need to be mag users with dw/2h.
    Lailaamell wrote: »

Bleed on enemy and yourself as blood for blood along with health cost but ppl forget vamp drain is also strong and undeath wich needs a nerf

How is drain good? Are you talking about PvP? PvE it does almost next to nothing damage. Undeath is literally the only good thing you could use vampirism for and even that doesn't justify how bad it is. I would be okay with nerfing undeath if the skill line was buffed.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make “vampire lord” an ulti option and bring back bat swarm please. 🥺
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood for Blood is actually a solo player's dream. It's infinite sustain with a high damage scaling should you find yourself injured. Couple it with a high self healing build and Blood Frenzy and it's actually really good.

Of course how often do you do solo PvE content where you need the infinite sustain? Not often as such content is sparse in the game, but the skill line excels at it.

Ultimate is actually really good in PvP, although the Perfect Scion morph definitely needs a look at. It is pretty terrible as the benefits of a bat swarm doing damage far outweigh a slightly cheaper morph that removes the weaknesses you already built around.

Vampiric Drain is good utility but that's it. I only have it on my build for the ultimate generation on my weapon with the trait for getting more ultimate. I've clutched some battleground victories with the ultimate gain, but it's healing is pretty bad for something that can get interrupted. If you don't need to block it's pretty good on a tank at least, especially the Drain Vigor morph that has the heal getting boosted by both healing recieved and healing done.

Mistform, mostly Elusive Mist, is still good in PvP but that lockout of being useful in PvE still hurts. Blood Mist feels out of place for the goal the devs are going for with the ability. I'd rather it become a bat swarm dash or gap closer than what it is now.

Edit cause I forgot Mesmerize. It's okay but the looking at you rule is a mess. If they changed it so the stun became unblockable if the target was looking at you, and made it stun anyone not blocking in the effect, it'd be a much more reliable ability as it'd start landing.
    Edited by Vevvev on June 30, 2022 6:17PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Blood for Blood is actually a solo player's dream. It's infinite sustain with a high damage scaling should you find yourself injured. Couple it with a high self healing build and Blood Frenzy and it's actually really good.

Of course how often do you do solo PvE content where you need the infinite sustain? Not often as such content is sparse in the game, but the skill line excels at it.

Ultimate is actually really good in PvP, although the Perfect Scion morph definitely needs a look at. It is pretty terrible as the benefits of a bat swarm doing damage far outweigh a slightly cheaper morph that removes the weaknesses you already built around.

Vampiric Drain is good utility but that's it. I only have it on my build for the ultimate generation on my weapon with the trait for getting more ultimate. I've clutched some battleground victories with the ultimate gain, but it's healing is pretty bad for something that can get interrupted. If you don't need to block it's pretty good on a tank at least, especially the Drain Vigor morph that has the heal getting boosted by both healing recieved and healing done.

Mistform, mostly Elusive Mist, is still good in PvP but that lockout of being useful in PvE still hurts. Blood Mist feels out of place for the goal the devs are going for with the ability. I'd rather it become a bat swarm dash or gap closer than what it is now.

Edit cause I forgot Mesmerize. It's okay but the looking at you rule is a mess. If they changed it so the stun became unblockable if the target was looking at you, and made it stun anyone not blocking in the effect, it'd be a much more reliable ability as it'd start landing.

Understandable for blood for blood, but you would use it a few times and then just forget about it. It's a one-time usage for solo arenas or RP skill, you won't really use it's morph too much in PvE as you'd get kicked in a vet trial.

Ultimate again is good number-wise (I am ignoring perfect scion ofc). The animation lock and look is the only issue I have with it. At least make them fly like in Skyrim. I would have no problem if perfect scion added a passive for being slotted, to replace dawnbreaker on my backbar ulti :tongue:

As for vampiric drain, it CAN be boosted but even boosted it's meh I guess, better to use vigor. If you're allowed to not block 3 seconds then your sustain isn't an issue and you're not doing difficult content.

Elusive is okay but for bloodmist damage even buffing it won't help it as I would guess in PvE it's only animation cancelled for the 300 w/s damage (I use it this way, maybe am in that form for 0.1s every rotation or when I want to remove a speed debuff for MoS HM (and now ZOS will remove that effect too)).
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zastrix wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »

Understandable for blood for blood, but you would use it a few times and then just forget about it. It's a one-time usage for solo arenas or RP skill, you won't really use it's morph too much in PvE as you'd get kicked in a vet trial.

Ultimate again is good number-wise (I am ignoring perfect scion ofc). The animation lock and look is the only issue I have with it. At least make them fly like in Skyrim. I would have no problem if perfect scion added a passive for being slotted, to replace dawnbreaker on my backbar ulti :tongue:

As for vampiric drain, it CAN be boosted but even boosted it's meh I guess, better to use vigor. If you're allowed to not block 3 seconds then your sustain isn't an issue and you're not doing difficult content.

Elusive is okay but for bloodmist damage even buffing it won't help it as I would guess in PvE it's only animation cancelled for the 300 w/s damage (I use it this way, maybe am in that form for 0.1s every rotation or when I want to remove a speed debuff for MoS HM (and now ZOS will remove that effect too)).

I do use Drain in difficult content, but it's never my only heal. Would be suicide to do that lol. It's just there for the ulti gen on my DK and that's about it :P

Of course I think of things more from a PvP point of view, and I build to be a really hard hitting brute with no sustain at all. So BfB scratches that problem with sustain I have. I use it a lot... maybe too much. I did try using it after the DK patch that made Burning Embers heal over time instead of all at once in PvE. Then combined it with Sated Fury and I could DPS without worry. Probably not the meta DPS but it worked fine in vLoM. (Carried the poor group x.x)

And yeah, I know I'd get kicked trying to use it in a trial, but I don't do many of those simply due to how hard it is for me to find groups for them.
    Edited by Vevvev on July 1, 2022 5:09AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK