The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shadow's Slumber does not work as intended for me - should i fill a bug report ?

DinoZavr
DinoZavr
✭✭✭✭✭
Played several matches against players. When Rajhin desk was on the table
each every attempt i played the card "7 - Shadow's Slumber" to kick my opponents agents the strange things happened.
Several times my opponent had TWO agents. I was prompted to select the agent to kick.
After i have pointed to a certain agent it was actually kicked. BUT i got no second prompt,
and the second agent of my foe stayed intact.

Card description is crystal clear:
"Knock Out - Place 2 of your opponent's active agents into their cooldown pile."
gDk0ckC.png

Please HALP!
Is it only me? Have you experienced this effect?
Should i bug report? (i don''t stream and don't record video)

P.S. this forum does not allow to post questions - discussions only
PC EU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the base card jarring lullaby does allow knocking out 2 agents, so i would think it would be a bug if the card upgrade does not
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    If your opponent has an agent with a taunt, it will prevent you from knocking out a second agent without a taunt.

You can either knock out 2 agents without taunts or 2 agents with taunts. But if only one agent has a taunt it will protect the one that doesn't.
    Edited by Naomi_K on June 28, 2022 9:42PM
    PC EU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naomi_K wrote: »
    If your opponent has an agent with a taunt, it will prevent you from knocking out a second agent without a taunt.

You can either knock out 2 agents without taunts or 2 agents with taunts. But if only one agent has a taunt it will protect the one that doesn't.

totally forgot about this because i only recently ran into this as well, its only happened to me once so far lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Naomi_K thank you, it might be the case.
    Strange enough Zenimax had not published the exact rules. It is a card game, after all.
    PC EU
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    @DinoZavr The description on the taunt cards does say that they need to be attacked first, which I take to mean that you have to remove them from the board before you can start attacking other agents. The ambush contract card from the treasury works the same way. If there are agents with a taunt and agents without a taunt on the board, you can only attack the ones with a taunt.
    PC EU
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Naomi_K the procedure of kicking TWO agents when you FIRST kick the shielded one with a taunt, AND then SECOND you kick another agent (if these was more that one with taunt - then, again, with a taunt) does not contradict anything.
    This is why i would yell for @ZOS to publish them rules!
    PC EU
  • Skvysh
    Skvysh
    ✭✭✭
    Here are the three possible scenarios:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rYbs-kb_4

Now, of course Naomi's point does make sense from a certain point of view - you get two Knock-Outs in one action, and while there's at least one taunt up, you can only Knock-Out taunt agents (until the action's finished). Otherwise, the game would need to interrupt mid-action and re-calculate possible Knock-Out targets (and currently ToT doesn't handle interruptions well anyway).

Intuitively, though, one would expect for Knock-Outs to first force you to target any taunts up and then if you still have Knock-Outs left after all taunts are down - allow you to proceed with taking out non-taunt agents.

It's really difficult to say what's the intended interaction here, as there's no clear guidelines (as far as I'm aware) to how this scenario should be handled.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Skvysh thank you very much for the awesome video.
    Sad Zenimax has not published the exact rules yet, leaving us players to dig the most ambiguous moments :(
    PC EU