The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Power of the Light vs Purifying Light

Stx
Stx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So during the big hybridization patch, I remember there was a note that the two morphs of backlash would not be hybridized.

However I am currently creating a build on UESP website and both morphs have the same damage and proc damage while my build is stacking spell damage..

Is this just an error with the build site or do these abilities scale with highest offensive stats?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the "copied damage tooltip", the one that says it scale with spell power for purifying light. That one will change accordingly on uesp aswell.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Look at the "copied damage tooltip", the one that says it scale with spell power for purifying light. That one will change accordingly on uesp aswell.

Yeah mine doesn't. It states 'maximum copied damage' for both morphs is identical. Maybe I have enough weapon damage to reach the maximum for power of the light even though I'm making a spell power build? But I didn't think there was a cap to the damage.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your spell and weapon dmg stats are the same, both morphs would do the same dmg

it would only really matter if say your spell or weapon dmg differed greatly

due to the hybridization, spell and weapon dmg are both very close now (usually differing by less than 1000 instead of differing by almost double)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if your spell and weapon dmg stats are the same, both morphs would do the same dmg

due to the hybridization, spell and weapon dmg are both very close now (usually differing by less than 1000 instead of differing by almost double)

That's what I'm saying. On the build editor site, the damage for both morphs is identical even though I have much higher spell damage.

I'm assuming that's not the case in game
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »

That's what I'm saying. On the build editor site, the damage for both morphs is identical even though I have much higher spell damage.

I'm assuming that's not the case in game

makes sense, i usually take those numbers outside of game with a grain of salt because they are still 3rd party applications that are updated manually by those who maintain the sites

a better way of testing a build would probably be on the PTS server, so your not consuming your normal resources (and on the PTS you have 100% gear unlocked in collection book along with basically infinite transmute stones and other stuff since it is just the test server)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014