The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ToT bug since hotfix?!

Anne13
Anne13
✭✭✭✭
Playing the daily ToT quest against Npc's in various zones.
Upon winning it usually tells me to go to a different area.
After winning the 3rd area to go back for the best reward.
Never happened before the hotfix, but now I'm winning and it's not changing zone.
It's stuck on 1st bronze reward in the same area. Even playing and winning 2-4 times in a row...... So time consuming to keep playing them over and over in hope that it actually works!
Edited by Anne13 on June 28, 2022 11:11AM
  • Oddemus
    Oddemus
    ✭✭
    You have to challenge the NPC closest to your rank. For example, I am a master and need to challenge <Expert Tribute Player> instead of <Novice> or <Proficent>. Originally, they didn't have these ranks for the NPCs which caused issues like this one. It's super annoying.

So, whatever your rank is, challenge the corresponding NPC. You can see this at the top of the display when in the Tales of Tribute activity finder area.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The lower rank NPC(s) should not have quest markers over their heads. That should be marked as a bug and fixed.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    The lower rank NPC(s) should not have quest markers over their heads. That should be marked as a bug and fixed.

I agree. This was happening before the hot fix and I made basically the same post about a week ago.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the 1st area was northern Elsywer and there was a novice and expert npc. ( Both had a quest marker) I played a won against the expert npc and the silver area changed to western skyrim. I went there and there's 1novice and 1 quest marker over the novices head. There was no other quest marker around. 2 other npc with no quest marker which was for the higher than expert rank. I tried to speak with them and could only end their brief message with "Goodbye"

I gave up and handed in for a bronze reward since I couldn't progress
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Anne13, i would suggest you to turn Nameplates ON is the game options.
    Unfortunately (if you are level 4 or better) the Novice NPC player is also marked with a quest marker, but you have to play Prolificent (if you are 4 or 5) or Expert if you are level 6+, as winning the Novice NPC does not count towards the daily quest.
    I hope it will be fixed, eventually :(
    PC EU
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they've been turned on for the past 5 years on every char. I'm rank 7
    All the other days I've done those dailes with different areas has been fine. But western skyrim seems bugged to able to progress.

I've also just received and started "the final round"
    Last quest and now I'm at a stale mate.
    It says "speak to Master Razhamad"

Speaking to him, it results in saying goodbye onky and doesn't progress me further.

Either I'm missing something I need to do (which it doesn't state I need to do something else)
    Or its another bug :(

Edited: I did try to speak to both prolificent Npc's and was only able to say goodbye to both
    Edited by Anne13 on June 30, 2022 5:26PM