The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NPCs cheating in ToT??

rioichi4
rioichi4
✭✭
lu87cynr4dky.png

Experiencing the same bug(?) others are reporting where the Mainland Inquiries card pretends to be from the Ansei deck, but ALSO I bought a card from the Tavern and it wasn't replaced. Apparently the NPC thought the card I bought was still in the Tavern because ~2 turns later they "bought" that card and it removed it from my cooldown pile???? It was very rood. Do not appreciate.
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    There is a bug that sometimes happens when using the choice cards, where it looks like you have taken a card, but it wasn't really taken. Only the animation was played. So the card would have appeared to have gone into your cooldown pile but really it was still in the tavern.
    PC EU
  • Skvysh
    Skvysh
    ✭✭✭
    Naomi_K wrote: »
    There is a bug that sometimes happens when using the choice cards, where it looks like you have taken a card, but it wasn't really taken. Only the animation was played. So the card would have appeared to have gone into your cooldown pile but really it was still in the tavern.

Indeed, it seems to do with various actions triggering while you're in a middle of something. Fx: if you play your cards too fast and open, say, a treasury patron UI while something like Remove from a combo has yet to trigger because of animations, it will drop the patron UI to tell you to remove a card, while locking you out of using the treasury patron again until your opponent uses it.

Huge issue that you gotta wait for each animation to play out before proceeding further if you don't want to be accidentally locked out of something - especially when animations are unnecessarily long.
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had OP's bug happen to me too. It seems to be new after the maintenance.
  • Oddemus
    Oddemus
    ✭✭
    Just here to say I've been experiencing this, too. I was confused as hell when I saw it was a green card and not Way of the Sword.
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭
    Same thing's been happening to me :< gotta say it's slightly annoying :'D robbing me of flipping Ansei patron my way.
  • Emp
    Emp
    ✭✭
    I've been seeing this in the higher end NPCs. It's even worse when going against the founders, the cheat had Red Eagle Ansei cards.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's custom cards for certain NPCs. If you look at the deck tag when you mouse over the card it will have NPC name instead of say Duke of Crows. One of them had a Crow/Psijiic Pelin deck it was wild.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    It's custom cards for certain NPCs. If you look at the deck tag when you mouse over the card it will have NPC name instead of say Duke of Crows. One of them had a Crow/Psijiic Pelin deck it was wild.

Linyia's deck is Crows + Rajhin + Pelin. Combining it with Crow deck is really wild. Crows x2.

PC EU