Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Any method to Replay Opening Video?

TheGrandAlliance
TheGrandAlliance
✭✭✭✭
Edit: ZeniMax post in this thread indicated it to be a future feature so dont' worry tooo much....

...there doesn't appear to be a button to replay the opening introduction video.

Now if you know how to play BINK files you can view it anytime however for most players a one-time runthrough of an epic opening isn't enough.

In case you missed it I typed up this text yesterday:

The Storm is Comming... The Scent of War Swells in the Air...
As the Imperial Throne Lies Empty, the Fate of all Tamriel Rests on the Strengh of a Common Prisioner's Soul...
Evil Awakened: A Long Banished Foe Stires. Thoughs Who Would Destrtoy Tamriel, Seek Out Agents to their Dark Plot. And So... Death's Long Arm Reaches Out.
It is the 582 Year of the Second Era: The Drums of War are Sounding.

This is Where Our Journey Begins...

Indeed it is so...
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume someone will upload it to youtube at some point, if they haven't already.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always delete all your characters, create a new one and re-watch it. Don't recommend that, but it worked in the Beta.
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    I assume someone will upload it to youtube at some point, if they haven't already.

Yea I know but being able to play the original video in-game is a must. I know that during beta there wasn't an ablity to replay however that was only beta.

This wont' be fixed anytime soon but just something to take note. All you need is RAD TOOLS Bink video player which is 100% free but doing so ingame would be nice:)

Indeed it is so...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We are currently working on a fix so you can re-watch the intro video after you've created a character.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty goofy they don't have that option. Hitting "any key" zips through it, apparently including "sound up", hah. D'oh!
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • obnxsh
    obnxsh
    It only plays when you have no characters created.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Okay I expected as much. As long as ye guys over at ZeniMax are aware of it and didn't just forget us thats good indeed:)
    Indeed it is so...
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShinChuck wrote: »
    It's pretty goofy they don't have that option. Hitting "any key" zips through it, apparently including "sound up", hah. D'oh!

Aaaah well I didn't know that...

WEll i spent yesterday watching it over and over again so I am "good" even got it transcribed but for anyone else it could be a problem.

Indeed it is so...
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    obnxsh wrote: »
    It only plays when you have no characters created.

I noticed this during beta but I wasn't certain if deleting characters and reloging replays the video.

In either case me not doing that took forver just to get me characters in the first place hahaha/////

Indeed it is so...
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have made it so you can rewatch it, as well as reworking it to increase quality.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it works now in the character selection screen on the left side menu.