Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mysterious easter egg uncovered?

Morvan
Morvan
✭✭✭
Ok so, as many of you may know, you can return to the same spooky house you visit in "House of Horrors" quest from Skyrim in Markarth DLC, and theres a nice easter egg there related to Molag Bal, but I've noticed that theres also a cat there, and it may be another easter egg related to something else entirely.

ot1z6uzjjt0u.png

When I first visited it months ago, I thought the ghostly cat were there just so we can know that the place is haunted or something, but, after comming back to the place a few days ago, I noticed the cat is now ALIVE for some reason, and I'm not sure why and how this happened, (it may be related to the questline, spoilers ahead).

qfd81kvosh45.png

So, after reading the Ghostly Housecat pet description recently, I've noticed a connection:
xyp4zazmnnzu.png

My questions are: Could that be Hollowjacks doing? Did the former owner of the house get killed by Molag Bal cultists that are now residents, and his cat is back there to torment them?
And why is the cat alive again? Could Verandis have resurrected him at the end of Markarth questline? Am I on skooma?

I really need some insight into this because I'm now being haunted by the possibilities.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Schrodenger's cat.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Y'know what, I'm intrigued. I'm going to go and do this quest right now and see what kind of kitty I get.
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    LQQuirJ.png
    Yup, just a normal black cat. I haven't done the skyrim or markarth DLC on this character. i imagine maybe the devs put the wrong cat in at first lol
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭
    i imagine maybe the devs put the wrong cat in at first lol
    I thought that could be the case too, have you already done Markarth questline when you visited it? I'll check with someone who haven't done it and see what cat they get, maybe its the schrodinger cat itself.
  • joaotextor
    joaotextor
    ✭✭
    Abadd wrote: »
    I thought that could be the case too, have you already done Markarth questline when you visited it? I'll check with someone who haven't done it and see what cat they get, maybe its the schrodinger cat itself.

I didn't do Markath questline on my Magcro. I will check this out after work.

Nice post, btw.
  • joaotextor
    joaotextor
    ✭✭
    joaotextor wrote: »
    Abadd wrote: »

I didn't do Markath questline on my Magcro. I will check this out after work.

Nice post, btw.

Normal black cat on my Magcro without the questline done.