The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

need help with game runing through steam

eulogisom
eulogisom
Soul Shriven
Hello

yesterday formated my pc, after hours of downloading the game through steam i was huppy that the time to play came, but no. each time i hit play on steam the install anywhere window pops up, and it wants to install the game again, a new saperate from steam installation, if i close the install anywhere app game closes from steam also, this happens any time i hit play on steam, so seams steam and eso are not going well had problems on the past but this is insane, any idea how to avoid download the game again? it will consume hours of my time and space of my disc, it is crazy to need to have the game twice just to play through steam
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 5, 2022 8:49PM
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you download the game from Steam it will install it when you run it first time. Just run that installer and everything will close at the end. When you hit the play again the launcher will launch. There you can hit the play and the game will launch.
    Edited by Treeshka on June 24, 2022 2:00PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @eulogisom

You can try running Steam and the ESO launcher as an administrator to help with this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post