The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azureblight reaper bugged

Grandsheba
Grandsheba
✭✭✭
This set doesnt respond to various dots like it did prior to update 33, making this set cery bugged and non responsive. Please fix it.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 24, 2022 3:43AM
"The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven and by its apex one can be as he will. Be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is [CHIM] the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals."
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    It now works only from skills what i see. It cannot get stack from enchant like burning , poison etc. + sets like stormfist , pillar etc do not give extra stack too.

It is kinda shame cuz now u need to have full bar DOT build >> look Necro.

Anyway i think it need small buff like no cooldown at all on set or procking at 10 stack but cooldown like 3s from 2s.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears we only get stacks from active skill DoTs.

I think it's been made clear that we are no longer supposed to get stacks from any other proc sets or from alchemical poisons.

What's not clear is whether we should get stacks from Status Effect DoTs? I'm not sure why we wouldn't.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Grandsheba
    Grandsheba
    ✭✭✭
    When did they make it clear about procs? I saw the update 32 changes to order of procs which i feel was good but then they went to the extreme and just removed set combo and the use of status effects, poisons and the like?? Why would they do that??! For all tha tjust remove alchemical poisons and status effects from the game becsuse they are far less useful now or juet remove sets. That makes no sense, so sets the state they proc from procs wont proc now??

To add from testing, yes this set only work for SOME dot classified skills. Skills that causes dots via status effects do not work, status effects in general do not work. Im seriously st a lost as to why they thought this was a good idea to take a mechanic commonly used in game for years and make it no longer functional.

I really appreciate the insight, just not sure if its worse finding out its not a bug/mistakes but it was planned to be a bad experience coming back to the game.
    "The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven and by its apex one can be as he will. Be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is [CHIM] the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals."
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandsheba wrote: »
    When did they make it clear about procs? I saw the update 32 changes to order of procs which i feel was good but then they went to the extreme and just removed set combo and the use of status effects, poisons and the like?? Why would they do that??! For all tha tjust remove alchemical poisons and status effects from the game becsuse they are far less useful now or juet remove sets. That makes no sense, so sets the state they proc from procs wont proc now??

To add from testing, yes this set only work for SOME dot classified skills. Skills that causes dots via status effects do not work, status effects in general do not work. Im seriously st a lost as to why they thought this was a good idea to take a mechanic commonly used in game for years and make it no longer functional.

I really appreciate the insight, just not sure if its worse finding out its not a bug/mistakes but it was planned to be a bad experience coming back to the game.

I'm not sure when, it's been that way for a while with proc sets proccing proc sets, but pretty recent for Enchants and Alchemical Poisons.

Whether it's appropriate or not, philosophically or whatever, I'm not sure, it's a discussion to be revisited.

But, for sure, all sets are being treated equally in this regard.

If there's consensus among both devs and players that this is appropriate and logically sound, perhaps we can discuss which proc sets could stand a buff. I would definitely put Azureblight among them, but I like the set so I'm biased.

Like I've said in other posts about this set, it definitely wasn't balanced circa 2 years when Necrotic Orb still had half second ticks, and this set procced off almost any DoT. It was extremely strong in 1v1s in PvP where it probably shouldn't be.

It's probably not a bug. Sets rise and fall, especially proc sets. Don't let it dismay you - there's plenty of ways to build powerful DoT builds in PvE or PvP, group or solo, Azureblight just may not be it at the moment.

Edited by Urzigurumash on June 27, 2022 3:13AM
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did they make it clear about procs? I saw the update 32 changes to order of procs which i feel was good but then they went to the extreme and just removed set combo and the use of status effects, poisons and the like??
    They never made it clear regarding weapon enchantments/poisons. Many people assumed it was a bug, but someone somewhere elsewhere on the internet said that some developer said it was working as intended. Without making any real formal/official note about it.

Examples of where weapon enchantments also no longer applies include Elemental Catalyst and Encratis. Curiously, poison or burning weapon enchantment (unsure which as I had both on my bar and never bothered with extensive testing) effects do still work for Z'en.

Consistency at its finest.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Grandsheba
    Grandsheba
    ✭✭✭
    Again, thank yall for the insight! Ive been looking more into the topic and its very vague and bias. I see thst people only rrally complain about pvp and their simple stance is to just remove things eith no regard to a domino effect. This isnt balancing so ill make ankther post to address this main issue with a solution page as well as an agreement that pvp is meant for players to die not survive everything. Tha tto survive is a feat of tatics, player skills and luck. Not the exploits or removal of game mechanics.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, thank yall for the insight! Ive been looking more into the topic and its very vague and bias. I see thst people only rrally complain about pvp and their simple stance is to just remove things eith no regard to a domino effect. This isnt balancing so ill make ankther post to address this main issue with a solution page as well as an agreement that pvp is meant for players to die not survive everything. Tha tto survive is a feat of tatics, player skills and luck. Not the exploits or removal of game mechanics.

Yes you are quite right, although sometimes I think players are simply making a hyperbolic argument by saying this or that should be "removed from PvP".