The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crown prices in playstation store??

ceiron
ceiron
✭✭✭✭
Am i seeing it wrong or has the prices increased with no mention?
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. Uk store. 5500 crowns now £29.99
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC it's been £29.99 for 5,500 crowns for years now. It used to be less (£24.99 if I remember correctly) but they put it up a few years ago.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    On PC it's been £29.99 for 5,500 crowns for years now. It used to be less (£24.99 if I remember correctly) but they put it up a few years ago.

It was £23.99 and sale prices were as low as 17 ish. At one point.

But has been 24 in essence forever. I would buy a 50 psn card and get 2 packs.

I am more shocked that its just occurred with no mention and no one else has said anything either.

Why i am a bit like am i going crazy here.
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    IT SHOULD BE THE SAME for all platforms.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    EozZoe1989 wrote: »

Why though. It varies per country. Happy to listen to reasoned argument.
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    ceiron wrote: »

A platform is like PS, Xbox and PC. Before you could have both a PS and PC account and you would have to pay more for your PC crowns. There is really no reason the exact same person, living in the same exact country, in the exact same house should be paying more for the exact same product just because the platform is different. How would you have felt if it was the PS platform that was paying 20% more for the past couple years?
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    RagnarSw wrote: »
    ceiron wrote: »

A platform is like PS, Xbox and PC. Before you could have both a PS and PC account and you would have to pay more for your PC crowns. There is really no reason the exact same person, living in the same exact country, in the exact same house should be paying more for the exact same product just because the platform is different. How would you have felt if it was the PS platform that was paying 20% more for the past couple years?

Yes i understand all that. But the playstation price had been that for many many years now. Its not something thats occured overnight.

If the prices were wrong then yes but not for this long.

Also prices vary for many reason's not always fair. Those in Ireland pay more because they pay in euros. But if you were to use a uk based account and buy gift cards or just cross the border to buy ps cards etc it would be cheaper. So there is no logic at all imo.

The biggest gripe is lack of communication as always with eso. So far no acknowledgement of the increases, no notice, no explanation as such.

If we were at least pre warned they would of had a rush on crowns i guarantee. Made more money too.

The jump is horrendous albeit in line with other platforms.

So yes i think its horrible and unfair. Personally i would buy crowns as a treat mostly at birthday and christmas. I would get gift cards often.

Now i think i wouldn't personally. Rather buy another game or ps plus upgrade instead.

So overall again eso cutting off their nose to spite their face as such.

Terrible communication and business sense.

The only saviour for them is there is nothing comparable on console currently.