The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Xbox | Series S High-Density Framerate Issues

Goldtistic
Goldtistic
✭✭
I'm on the Xbox Series S, and since the High Isle patch I've been having extremely noticeable frame rate issues, especially in higher density areas. I've had some others relate with my woes, any news on this? Especially the High Isle zone itself, Gonfalon Bay definitely gets less than 20 fps. Going to try re-installing the game soon, will update on if it remedies anything.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 27, 2022 2:35PM
  • Goldtistic
    Goldtistic
    ✭✭
    Goldtistic wrote: »
    I'm on the Xbox Series S, and since the High Isle patch I've been having extremely noticeable frame rate issues, especially in higher density areas. I've had some others relate with my woes, any news on this? Especially the High Isle zone itself, Gonfalon Bay definitely gets less than 20 fps. Going to try re-installing the game soon, will update on if it remedies anything.

Oh and to add, I play on Performance mode so it shouldn't be straining my xbox at all. Pre patch Vivec City was a buttery smooth framerate, it hurts me to see it stutter so much.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had similar issues (series X) in trials during high density effects, like 1st boss in Kynes Aegis HM during exe when there's lightning everywhere and also around the lightning caller add pulls between bosses later in the trial.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldtistic wrote: »

This plus I'm lagging like crazy in battle grounds
  • Goldtistic
    Goldtistic
    ✭✭
    Nope, re-installing didn't help a single bit. Would love a developer comment on this.
  • pikHz
    pikHz
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried swapping to Fidelity then back to performance? For me (Series S) every time I boot up the game it tells me I'm using Performance under Video options, but it's actually using Fidelity. I "swap" to Fidelity, get no load screen, swap back to Performance, get a load screen, then I'm all good. It's clearly a bug and hopefully they'll fix in the next few weeks.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Goldtistic
    Goldtistic
    ✭✭
    pikHz wrote: »
    Have you tried swapping to Fidelity then back to performance? For me (Series S) every time I boot up the game it tells me I'm using Performance under Video options, but it's actually using Fidelity. I "swap" to Fidelity, get no load screen, swap back to Performance, get a load screen, then I'm all good. It's clearly a bug and hopefully they'll fix in the next few weeks.

THIS WORKED! 10k Paid, as deserved. To all my Series S bros, keep doing this until ZoS fixes it.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    pikHz wrote: »

This! I discovered it by accident, I actually thought for a bit that they had added water reflections to Performance Mode and was happy, but then I realised that it wasn’t and they hadn’t. :(
  • Akaikos
    Akaikos
    ✭✭
    I have the same Issues, but I think we're experiencing something different than default fidelity mode override.

If a put my game on fidelity, my frames drop more than default performance mode. When I reapply the performance mode, it goes back to solid 60 FPS. It's like we have three different modes right now.

I hope they're fixing it on the future with the last option. Until then, we need to manually swap every play season.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With the OP finding a workaround to there framerate issues, we have decided to close this discussion going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.