The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stam DK build with Oakensoul ring - help please.

Alutora
Alutora
✭✭✭
Hello,

I’ve been thinking to try out the new Oakensoul ring for in PvP, but struggle to build my character accordingly, as I’ve always used back bar sets.

I haven’t played my DK for a while, and was thinking to build into crit than pure damage. Would that be viable?

I was thinking the new crafted set - Order’s Wrath + Caluurion. Or Order’s Wrath + Rallying Cry. Or Witch Knight possibly.

I’m not really sure, is anyone willing to share their builds including Oakensoul Ring with me? Do you build more into crit or is pure damage still the way to go? I would like to be able to put out as much damage as possible.

This is mainly for Cyrodiil solo play, or very small scale group.
Edited by Alutora on June 23, 2022 12:37PM
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear Adept Rider is pretty OP right now. Give it a shot!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Join the meta. Oakensoul, Bloodspawn, Potentates, 1x Trainee, 5x other set of choice e.g. Plaguebreak, another ulti-gen set, Order's Wrath, Rallying Cry, whatever. Decisive Weapon(s). Spam Corrosive Armor.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • XiangliSYD
    XiangliSYD
    ✭✭
    I am gonna gank every Oakensoul DK with my Oakensoul NB as the first priority.

Just need a few secs downtime of that Corrosive armor.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, I just finally got the lockbox lead and went ahead and through together a 1 bar build on my stamdk. The ring is stupid strong obviously, and I doubt I've got the best setup for it yet.

Why do I say its a stamdk instead of a magdk? I'm using a sharpened 2h maul and my skills are vigor, frag shield, coag, dizzy swing, executioner, and d leap.

In my opinion... Its better to stack weapon damage than crit. Synergizes better with minor brutality. I've always felt that way about stamdk and I'm more or less a stamdk main for 4 years (though I play other things.)

I play in no procs cyrodiil so my sets are prolly kinds janky but just to give you an idea... I'm wearing mostly medium and some heavy, ancient dragonguard and shalks. So... A nord dk with minor and major heroism. That's basically the gimmick. I leap a lot and they hit real hard.

I can't find any 1h shalks weapons on the guild traders right now but from an offensive perspective FoO, spin, d-leap might be even better.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best stam DK build does not use oakensoul.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a time for being best and there's a time for having fun. Oakensoul let's you have a lot of fun on setups that aren't the best. That's what I'll be doing until it gets nerfed... Literally only got it for that reason. Definitely not bragging about wins while wearing it.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    The best stam DK build does not use oakensoul.

This. The arcadeish simplified version of playing the game is cool in theory for newer players but its not helping in the long run imo. Yes you have all the buffs but it is seriously lacking in a pvp setting to not have access to a full pvp toolkit. Its really hard to slot offense defense healing and mobility on a 5 button build. But hey, if people call this meta and every1 plays it i’m ok with it, my defile stacking necro is absolutely destroying these setups right now its not even fair lol.
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos is selling us all kinds of crap like this to make up for the fact that the actual chapters are garbage, They lure everyone in with these must have Mythics and then when they think that they have sold as many as they are going to they nerf them into uselessness.

Goal achieved i guess.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP wants a stamdk oakensoul build... If you want to discuss pay to win, nerfs, or whether or not its best in slot there are plenty of other topics on the matter :p

Its good, and you were lucky enough to get the safebox lead. Use it.
  • duckdown
    duckdown
    ✭✭✭
    dk with oakensoul doesnt deserve any help
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In no proc rsvenwatch I use ancient dragonguard, shalks, oakensoul and 1 molag kena shoulder. 3 heavy 4 medium, sharpened 2h maul. He's a nord, using the serpent mundus, and longfin pasty food.

For battleground and cp cyrodiil I use oakensoul, balorghs, new moon acolyte, and agility. Nirnhoned sword, decisive mace dual wield. 5 medium 1 light 1 heavy. Same food same mundus.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a challenge, brokensoul has negated the usefulness of a bunch of different sets...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try building around Master DW (Stinging Slashes) with either of the Twin Slashes morphs as your spammable. The rest would be the ring, a monster set, then whatever 5pc and 2pc. Build diversity for DK is great right now.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps