Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Ember's Favor - Fence an epic quality item question

tspecherb14_ESO
tspecherb14_ESO
✭✭✭
I have fenced two epic quality items (laundered) and have not been able to fulfill the requirement for Ember's Favor. Do you need to sell the item? Or is there a price hurdle that must be met? The two items were motifs that could not be sold.

Thanks!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it after selling a purple, not laundering.

I found the easiest way was to sell a motif from pickpocketing Vvardenfell nobles.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just fyi on PC na most of those motifs are worth at least 10k a piece.
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laundering doesn't count towards this achievement, you need to sell it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "fencing" generally means "sell to the fence"

if the action needs you to launder it will state that (such as endeavors which state "launder X amount of items")
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • tspecherb14_ESO
    tspecherb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Taraezor
    Taraezor
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of the preceding, if you are prioritising rapport over gold and deconstructed materials and crafting skill gain (whew a lot to bypass lol) then you can sell a purple every two hours for rapport gain. That’s “sell” to a regular town merchant, not “fence”.

(Given that rapport is easy to come by I’d rather an unwanted purple to be deconstructed by a needy crafter. The gain will be very significant in skill and maybe some materials too as a bonus.)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taraezor wrote: »
    Regardless of the preceding, if you are prioritising rapport over gold and deconstructed materials and crafting skill gain (whew a lot to bypass lol) then you can sell a purple every two hours for rapport gain. That’s “sell” to a regular town merchant, not “fence”.

(Given that rapport is easy to come by I’d rather an unwanted purple to be deconstructed by a needy crafter. The gain will be very significant in skill and maybe some materials too as a bonus.)

the achievement specifically states "fence" so it has to be an item marked as stolen and sold to a fence NCP

the rapport gain from it is so miniscule it doesnt make sense to bother with, you can get like 375 rapport per day from the 3 daily quests ember accepts, compared to the +5 from fencing a purple stolen item
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fence launders and sells, so this needs to be changed to 'sell a stolen item to a fence'. Just spent an hour getting a purple, fenced it by laundering, and got no achievement.