The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Project Nova ballgroup video guide, yes or no?

• Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vgastel wrote: »
    Sigh, scroll farming with your own faction scroll ... only care about own guild ... no interest or respect for others from own alliance ... Well, you reap what you sow.

If we ever get new PvP content, may it be an environment where farming ballgroups can fight each other in GvG style. Like battlegrounds, but then groups of 12vs12vs12 or 24vs 24vs24. Win-win for everyone.

That sounds like a more fairplay idea, indeed and would give you more competition.
    Currently (as in right now on PC EU) 50 EP players can't put a dent into this group. They go low health but never seem to die.

I placed a cold stone treb and a meatbag + all the alliance members and still nothing...it tickles. The games defensive sets/cp is being a tad abused here. I see 4K steel tornadoes and essentially the rest is just a harmony synergy pick up :)

@ZOS_Kevin just the messenger bringing the strange Cyrodiil news.

Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on July 14, 2022 7:29PM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen a few of the same ideas in this thread and others along the lines of "ball grouping takes no skill", "they are bad players outside of their group", "11 people only follow one person saying when to proxy", "ball groupers press one button and move one direction", "they only farm pugs and avoid other ball groups", etc.

While some people might have an experience like this with beginner ball groups, that is not what it is like for S-tier groups. Ball groups are made up of 12 standalone players that work together; the basic requirement to be good at ball grouping is to be a good player that understand the game. Sure you might kill one that got caught without stam because they have 15k resistances, but a handful of ball groupers still duel in stormhaven and do BGs. Not a ton of them do that anymore because its nowhere near as fun as ball grouping (for example, why spend hours doing solo arenas and dungeons when you can score push trials with your guild).
    As for the leading and calls of a ball group, it takes a ton of communication from almost every person in the group to do well. lead has to make calls but healers and supports have to keep the lead updated on surroundings and the status of resources and ults. Everyone has to communicate when their in trouble and DDs often help the lead make quick decisions on damage and stacks of players. Damage also takes very intricate timing of normal skills, ults, and synergies.
    If you think casting in a ball group is just mashing 1 skill, I invite you to try out for the best ball group on your faction and see how well you do mashing that 1 skill against vet players.
    When it comes to farms and GvGs, I can only speak for the guilds that I am apart of. We try our best to fine other ball groups/guilds to fight in cyro. If that does not work we go to farm stacks of 40+ players.

I am happy to clear up any other misconceptions about what a ball group is and how they actually work.

Ball groups totally suck the fun out of the game for everyone else. And as someone who used to run in the very same ball group you run with I can say from experience it's not fun to be in that ball group either.

Edited by EdmondDontes on July 15, 2022 7:55PM
  • Tevalicious
    Tevalicious
    ✭✭
    I have seen a few of the same ideas in this thread and others along the lines of "ball grouping takes no skill", "they are bad players outside of their group", "11 people only follow one person saying when to proxy", "ball groupers press one button and move one direction", "they only farm pugs and avoid other ball groups", etc.

While some people might have an experience like this with beginner ball groups, that is not what it is like for S-tier groups. Ball groups are made up of 12 standalone players that work together; the basic requirement to be good at ball grouping is to be a good player that understand the game. Sure you might kill one that got caught without stam because they have 15k resistances, but a handful of ball groupers still duel in stormhaven and do BGs. Not a ton of them do that anymore because its nowhere near as fun as ball grouping (for example, why spend hours doing solo arenas and dungeons when you can score push trials with your guild).
    As for the leading and calls of a ball group, it takes a ton of communication from almost every person in the group to do well. lead has to make calls but healers and supports have to keep the lead updated on surroundings and the status of resources and ults. Everyone has to communicate when their in trouble and DDs often help the lead make quick decisions on damage and stacks of players. Damage also takes very intricate timing of normal skills, ults, and synergies.
    If you think casting in a ball group is just mashing 1 skill, I invite you to try out for the best ball group on your faction and see how well you do mashing that 1 skill against vet players.
    When it comes to farms and GvGs, I can only speak for the guilds that I am apart of. We try our best to fine other ball groups/guilds to fight in cyro. If that does not work we go to farm stacks of 40+ players.

I am happy to clear up any other misconceptions about what a ball group is and how they actually work.

Ball groups totally suck the fun out of the game for everyone else. And as someone who used to run in the very same ball group you run with I can say from experience it's not fun to be in that ball group either. [snip]

[snip] We have gear and health requirements that must be met and then we do everything we can to help people become better. We help farm, supply gold, craft gear, etc. It is no different than having a parse/achievement requirement for vTrials; ball grouping is basically vet group PvP. Id even say our requirements are less strict than many vTrial groups. As for ball groups "sucking the fun out of the game", we play what is fun to us. We pay for the game and spend 10+ hours a week practicing. If we pay just as much as you and practice just as much as you or more, why is our play style any less valid?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 15, 2022 6:19PM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭

While some people might have an experience like this with beginner ball groups, that is not what it is like for S-tier groups.

Very true - thanks for saying this, and everything you explain in your post!
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »

While some people might have an experience like this with beginner ball groups, that is not what it is like for S-tier groups.

Full disclosure here, MipMip and Tevalicious run in the same ball group.
  • Tevalicious
    Tevalicious
    ✭✭

Full disclosure here, Mip (as far as I know) plays EU and has for about a year now, and I play NA. Mip and I have not been in the same group or coms in almost a year. I really encourage you to not make bold claims that you do not actually know much about.
    Edited by Tevalicious on July 19, 2022 7:58PM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭

Full disclosure here, Mip (as far as I know) plays EU and has for about a year now, and I play NA. Mip and I have not been in the same group or coms in almost a year. I really encourage you to not make bold claims that you do not actually know much about.

I can confirm that - I haven't played in an NA ball group since a year. I play on EU, as a member of Project Nova.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride