The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Pre order v waiting till release

mikeb16_ESO41
mikeb16_ESO41
✭✭✭
Is there any benefit in pre-ordering a game or update, over waiting till the release date?. I realise if you pre-order you usually get a new mount etc. But what about financial bonuses. Would an
update cost me less if I wait?.
High Elf, VampArconist
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's no real benefit to pre-ordering. You would lose out on a basic mount and a costume, I think. The price will remain the same.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no real benefit to pre-ordering. You would lose out on a basic mount and a costume, I think. The price will remain the same.

This is about it.
    Options
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input guys, from what I've seen, over time the add-on prices drop drastically, to attract new players. But I didn't know if the price for an 'upgrade' would or might start at different prices for a member who hadn't only bought each game but was a fully paid-up member. As in continuing to pay regardless of what is or isn't being released.

Let's face it, especially for long-time players like us. (I've been playing ESO since I was invited to join as a beta player when it was launched online). So, no extra costumes and mounts are not really perks at all!. I'd rather be able to buy the basic upgrade and pay less.
    High Elf, VampArconist
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input guys, from what I've seen, over time the add-on prices drop drastically, to attract new players. But I didn't know if the price for an 'upgrade' would or might start at different prices for a member who hadn't only bought each game but was a fully paid-up member. As in continuing to pay regardless of what is or isn't being released.

Let's face it, especially for long-time players like us. (I've been playing ESO since I was invited to join as a beta player when it was launched online). So, no extra costumes and mounts are not really perks at all!. I'd rather be able to buy the basic upgrade and pay less.

Are you asking if ESO+ changes the price of chapters? If so then the answer is no.

A year after each chapter is released (when the new one is released) it's rebranded as DLC, which means it's available in the crown store and included in ESO+, until then it's two entirely seperate purchases. There are sometimes discounts on chapters (after they're released) but those are available to everyone.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options