The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High Isle - Bards - (small spoiler)

Deter1UK
Deter1UK
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else picked up on the notion that ZOS have been fleshing out how Bard Magic might work - (Ring of Resonance , Resonance Crystals for example).

It might be just for future NPCs or plotlines but the thinking is definately there.

The quest is down a mine if you're interested...
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes when i did that quest....i got the hint.....also was a very good way of telling people that type of magic would have practical and potential combat uses.

I would love if one skill line of the bard would be like a banshee..
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Taraezor
    Taraezor
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see that but I'm worried that I may have missed it already if it was a delve quest. If it is a delve then feel free to post the name of the delve, maybe a spoiler tag if you feel that's necessary for others. If main or side quest then probably no sweat for me as I haven't progressed far with them yet.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taraezor wrote: »
    I want to see that but I'm worried that I may have missed it already if it was a delve quest. If it is a delve then feel free to post the name of the delve, maybe a spoiler tag if you feel that's necessary for others. If main or side quest then probably no sweat for me as I haven't progressed far with them yet.

Sure thing:
    A Father's Pride - Meryline Barthel east of Brokerock Mine
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we never get a "bard" class. This is not DnD, and bards should stay just being musicians.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we never get a "bard" class. This is not DnD, and bards should stay just being musicians.

Fair enough.

There is a Bard class in Oblivion though- light armour, illusion magic, alchemy, speech craft, blades and block.

So not unheard of in Tamriel. Not sure how it would translate to ESO though.
    Edited by Deter1UK on July 6, 2022 1:09AM