The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcs are stronger right now than DK was in previous patch.

axi
axi
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously what was the point of these "balance" changes if they do not balance anything and just changed top tier setup to be even stronger than previous top tier setup was?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is literally what people on the forums were asking for.
    "Buff stamsorcs, they are bad at everything!"
    "Don't nerf skills, buff skills instead!"
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    The class is fine right now I think, it’s really just a few overtuned sets that works well on them. Savage werewolf is broken at the moment for example and needs a CD
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    Seriously what was the point of these "balance" changes if they do not balance anything and just changed top tier setup to be even stronger than previous top tier setup was?

Please be sure to specify which aspect of sorc. Stam sorc is overperforming yes. Magicka sorc? Absolutely not.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every meta cycle will have some cheese that players want to flock en masse. It’s the ebb and flow of the ‘Fotm’ lifestyle. Once the proc sorcs gets wack with the nerf hammer - same with oakensoul builds- , something else will rise in it’s place.

Courtesy of ZOS very confident balance team.
    Edited by Kikazaru on June 19, 2022 8:07PM
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is certainly top tier at kiting and obviously their damage is great right now. But to call something unequivocally top tier means it has to excel in every important area of gameplay to which I would say Templar says hello and DK is doing just fine.

Either way you can certainly call Sorc a top tier class but not "the" top tier class which makes it more balanced than other historically overtuned setups. Caluurion gankers are right next to sorc if were talking about 2 tapping people.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is certainly top tier at kiting and obviously their damage is great right now. But to call something unequivocally top tier means it has to excel in every important area of gameplay to which I would say Templar says hello

Sorc is doing full sweeps damage from range, with no need to be channeling in close range on the target. Idk what Templar should say to bowsorc but sorc is currently doing much higher damage while also having best utility skills in the game.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Sorc is certainly top tier at kiting and obviously their damage is great right now. But to call something unequivocally top tier means it has to excel in every important area of gameplay to which I would say Templar says hello

Sorc is doing full sweeps damage from range, with no need to be channeling in close range on the target. Idk what Templar should say to bowsorc but sorc is currently doing much higher damage while also having best utility skills in the game.

You make it sound like a Sorc can just sit there in melee and eat a Crescent Sweep and keep pew pewing. Sorc has better overall damage yes but they lack healing, and if you look at previous universally agreed upon OP setups most of them (all of them?) had both top tier healing and damage.
    Edited by WreckfulAbandon on June 19, 2022 8:56PM
    PC NA

• birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    NBs are worse that it was in previous patch..
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and if you look at previous universally agreed upon OP setups most of them (all of them?) had both top tier healing and damage.
    You don't look far enough. Back in DoT meta, best ones were the ones that did more damage, so were killing faster.
    It doesn't matter how fast are you healing if you can't outheal the incoming damage.

Add in a decent group, and you get your healing covered.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    and if you look at previous universally agreed upon OP setups most of them (all of them?) had both top tier healing and damage.
    You don't look far enough. Back in DoT meta, best ones were the ones that did more damage, so were killing faster.
    It doesn't matter how fast are you healing if you can't outheal the incoming damage.

Add in a decent group, and you get your healing covered.

Yeah I really enjoyed the old bleed meta on my stamsorc, torching DKs in melee was fun and we are very far from that. Sorc is the ranged damage dealer archetype and I wont call it a glass cannon but lets not pretend Sorc can heal like Templar or DK much less a Necro.
    PC NA

• Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even close, as has already been pointed out the healing available to either stam or mag sorcs is nothing close to what DK was pulling last patch. And then there is the issue of sustain. Dk's could spam both heals and damage abilities indefinitely last patch, Sorcs aren't anywhere near that easy to sustain on.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally i think most of the complaints are coming from ppl that comfortably played through 3+ years of fotm brawler builds being at the top of the food chain and never learned how to engange with competetive ranged builds.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Literally only StamSorc, MagSorc is the worst it's ever been. They absolutely have to take some of the power from StamSorc and shift it back to MagSorc. If StamSorc is nerfed (and I do think it should be) it must done in a way that doesn't hurt MagSorc even more (like increasing the cost of Crystal Weapon did)
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on June 20, 2022 7:33AM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even close, as has already been pointed out the healing available to either stam or mag sorcs is nothing close to what DK was pulling last patch.

Backbar healing staff, Rapid Regen + Resolving Vigor + Dark Deal.
    And then there is the issue of sustain.

Dark Deal. Energy Overload.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Personally i think most of the complaints are coming from ppl that comfortably played through 3+ years of fotm brawler builds being at the top of the food chain and never learned how to engange with competetive ranged builds.
    This is correct. They also don't know what to do when DoT pressure can't be effortlessly out-healed, but having this is crucial to a healthy meta. Ranged proc Sorcs do high damage but even the Resto version is way squishier than any DK or Temp, probably the most balanced Sorc has been in years. I'd actually be worried that if the anti-proc whiners win again, ranged Sorc would drop out of the meta. Also, Caluurion's is far more obnoxious than Savage Werewolf or any DoT proc.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Personally i think comments like that are made to discredit serious concerns just by trying to add some agenda to them. Calling current sorc a "competitive range build" is also a stretch. Hybridisation and latest changes to crystal weapon allowed sorc to go well beyond what can be considered competitive with the amount of dmg that class can perform on both mag and stam version while their defense is pretty strong now when their foes recived nerfs that no longer allow them to pressure sorcs so much while sorcs now pressure everyone in a extreme way.
    Edited by axi on June 20, 2022 5:00PM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally only StamSorc, MagSorc is the worst it's ever been. They absolutely have to take some of the power from StamSorc and shift it back to MagSorc. If StamSorc is nerfed (and I do think it should be) it must done in a way that doesn't hurt MagSorc even more (like increasing the cost of Crystal Weapon did)

To be honest lines between magsorc and stamsorc are now more blurred than ever. There is plenty of strong sorcs that run with gear composition that would be considered as magicka setups while using crystal weapon and bound armanents as their main offense but healing with matriarch. Lots of setups that would be considered a stamsorc is using destro/resto staff and haunting curse.
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Getting 2016 vibes xD Sorcs and NBs pointing fingers at each other about whose dirty proccsets are more dirty
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people keep saying Savage Werewolf is OP? Honest question. I think it's okay-ish, being one of the only decent ranged proc sets, but the damage isn't that impressive. Especially compared to Caluurion which actually is super OP from stealth. What am I missing on Savage Werewolf?
  • duckdown
    duckdown
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying Savage Werewolf is OP? Honest question. I think it's okay-ish, being one of the only decent ranged proc sets, but the damage isn't that impressive. Especially compared to Caluurion which actually is super OP from stealth. What am I missing on Savage Werewolf?

Cos it can proc multipletime each second
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    duckdown wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »

Cos it can proc multipletime each second

So, It's damage is poor either way. You use it because it is ranged, instant, puts a status effect on and a sorc focuses on light attacks for crystal/bound armaments.
  • Ominer
    Ominer
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, I would agree if sorcs also had insane healing and tankyness but that normally isn't the case. Last patch DK had really high healing, damage, sustain and tankyness however sorcs this patch have insane damage but not the healing or tankyness.

All DKs felt like a challenge last patch whereas only relatively good sorcs are an issue this patch, except in Xv1 situations.

Don't get me wrong i still think sorc needs tweaks and is overperforming but it's not making me want to uninstall like magDK was last patch.