The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is it realistically feasible to find all the Furnishing plans by yourself?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Finding them all by yourself without buying them?

any Myth Busters around?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 20, 2022 1:52AM
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When you play ESO 24/7 maybe ;)
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can technically.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suppose that whilst ofc it is possible, whether it's realistic is the real problem.

If you allow for getting repeats and remember there are some really, really rare drops, even playing 24/7, I suspect it could take years.

Personally I now approach furnishing plans from the point of view that I prefer to play as I wish and buy the plans as and when I need to use that item. 🏗🏗
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The droprates on a lot of plans (ex Ayleid ones) are so incredibly low that no, it is definitely not realistically feasible.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It's not. I know of people who have them all, but all of them did trades or sells to get stubborn items. I don't think you can realistically farm all the plans by yourself.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 19, 2022 4:43PM
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I started playing that was the plan. Over the years I became more lenient about buying them as there were some I wanted for some of my houses and they weren't dropping for me.

Originally I wanted to obtain all of the plans without resorting to guild stores. That morphed into only buying the ones I "needed", and as the drop rate deteriorated it became "I don't care anymore".

Murkmire was bad enough for plan drops. Fargrave/The Deadlands took furnishing plan drops to a whole new level. A friend of mine stopped playing for more than a month due to that. I began collecting writ vouchers to get them (and yes, I've been playing less too - partially due to drop rates).

Another reason I gave up trying is that there are plans listed (on the web and/or addons) that might not exist in game - for example: one of the Orc thrones. Others are so rare as to be virtually non-existent, like the Khajiit brazier that might drop from the Elsweyr prologue daily quest giver.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The droprates on a lot of plans (ex Ayleid ones) are so incredibly low that no, it is definitely not realistically feasible.

Wish we had an event for these
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many out there, that while it's technically possible to farm them all yourself, you're typically better off farming gold and buying the vast majority of them that way. Maybe along the way you get lucky with some of the more rare ones like Ayleid or the older Dwemer plans.
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    I have been farming for plans quite a bit and it would take forever. I focused on the alinor plans and do it daily, missing quite a bit still
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    I have farmed the vast majority and am at 100% pre-High Isle plan knowledge on my main toon/crafter. However its tedious as a farm grind. I'll admit I have bought many plans in my collection. ( High Isle was release two days ago on my platform)
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Finding them all by yourself without buying them?

any Myth Busters around?

Technically, but not practically. Almost all plans are pretty low drop rate and you would need to spend an extraordinary amount of time trying to farm them.

It would likely be not only faster, more profitable to spend your time in activities that help you make gold, some of which might actually be plan farming as some plans go for quite a bit.