The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is TTC addon working for anyone?

Mr_Madness
Mr_Madness
✭✭✭
If I click on items in chat it works but if I check Inventory or the bank it never pops up

Been like this since High Isle update
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Please help, getting sick of linking things into chat just to look at price.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as normal for me. Try the ESOUI ttc page, and leave a comment.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭

I might but then again they might won't if I have to say I did not disable ad blocker.

Asked tons of people and works fine except for me. Only error I get is something about BetterUI
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you got your answer then? :D

If ANY addon throws an error it could destroy ALL other addons. Addons are NOT working standalone, they all base on the same game files and if any of the addons raises an error it might change the game files to stop further loading of code that other addons need to run properly -> eh voila: All is broken.

Addons are all combined "additions", like their name says, to the vanilla ESO UI.

Disable other addons and test if TTC works, I bet it will.
    If not, report it at the comments and don't care about any add blocker or not, this is stupid to think you won't get help. The adblocker is at the website not at you game files? So do not connect anything unneccesarily here.
    But maybe using the addon and asking for help will make you rethink the adblocker and allow the devs to run the server "for you too" without having to pay them on their own.
    Or you find another way to support them if you like the addon and the website data so much.

• theendoftheriver
    theendoftheriver
    ✭✭✭
    Works like usual for me.
    Eric Dikkersun - Achernar - EZE - theendoftheriver - Orion Silvercuff
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    And you got your answer then? :D

If ANY addon throws an error it could destroy ALL other addons. Addons are NOT working standalone, they all base on the same game files and if any of the addons raises an error it might change the game files to stop further loading of code that other addons need to run properly -> eh voila: All is broken.

Addons are all combined "additions", like their name says, to the vanilla ESO UI.

Disable other addons and test if TTC works, I bet it will.
    If not, report it at the comments and don't care about any add blocker or not, this is stupid to think you won't get help. The adblocker is at the website not at you game files? So do not connect anything unneccesarily here.
    But maybe using the addon and asking for help will make you rethink the adblocker and allow the devs to run the server "for you too" without having to pay them on their own.
    Or you find another way to support them if you like the addon and the website data so much.

Oh yeah, already disabled everything except TTC and the requirements but still won't work. I even reinstalled it and cleared data records.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever "won't work" means then, maybe describe more in detail please what is not working if TTC is the only addon enabled.
    What does "if I check Inventory or the bank it never pops up" mean? You speak about the tooltip showing the price of the item?
    Is the tooltip showing t all as this is base-vanilla game feature?
    Is the price missing there?
    Any other text shown there instead like "Update your price table"?
    Did you logout, close the ESO client and updated the price data recently?
    Did you try logout, close the ES client, delete the complete live/AddOns/TamrielTradeCenter folder and re-download the addon fresh from the website, or install it via Minion?
    Did you try to logout, close the ESO client and delete the file live/SavedVariables/TamrielTradeCenter.lua (create a backup if you think you still need it).
    Did you check the addon settings menu ingame and setup everything the way you want it to show?

As it is working fine for a lot users, even asked in my guilds: No problems currently.
    So it must be something with your addon files, or their setup, or the pricedata you have downloaded/not downloaded.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever "won't work" means then, maybe describe more in detail please what is not working if TTC is the only addon enabled.
    What does "if I check Inventory or the bank it never pops up" mean? You speak about the tooltip showing the price of the item?
    Is the tooltip showing t all as this is base-vanilla game feature?
    Is the price missing there?
    Any other text shown there instead like "Update your price table"?
    Did you logout, close the ESO client and updated the price data recently?
    Did you try logout, close the ES client, delete the complete live/AddOns/TamrielTradeCenter folder and re-download the addon fresh from the website, or install it via Minion?
    Did you try to logout, close the ESO client and delete the file live/SavedVariables/TamrielTradeCenter.lua (create a backup if you think you still need it).
    Did you check the addon settings menu ingame and setup everything the way you want it to show?

As it is working fine for a lot users, even asked in my guilds: No problems currently.
    So it must be something with your addon files, or their setup, or the pricedata you have downloaded/not downloaded.

The tooltip part won't show up. The thing that pops up in the upper right area is just above an item name when checking inventory or the bank.

Installed it via minion and by website, reinstalled it many times. I even messed with the settings and still nothing. I also updated client multiple times.

TTC works but the Tooltip refuses to work and I have to link my items in chat just to check the price.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the settings of TTC
    do not provide any enable/disable tooltip which you have accidently disabled I do not know what could be the problem...

Are you playing in GAMEPAD input mode? Important to say that in advance please add the is a big difference between how keyboard or GAMEPAD mode provides data for addons. Unfortunately ZOs did not code both similar from the beginning.

Check at ESC, barrier free mode if you have enabled this by accident at the first login of ESO by hammering E too often at the initially shown popups. Could be a reason why the tooltips do not work.

Else I'm puzzled and do not know what could be the problem. If I were you I'd provide all that info to the dev via www.esoui.com, Tamriel Trade Center addon comments and describe in detail, with a Screenshot, what is not working. Provide info about input mode, client language, server, date of price update (check the file luve/AddOns/TamrielTradeCenter/Price Table.lua for the date&time of change), what dies not work as expected, and that you've tested it with all other addons and libraries disabled except for TTC.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    If the settings of TTC
    do not provide any enable/disable tooltip which you have accidently disabled I do not know what could be the problem...

Are you playing in GAMEPAD input mode? Important to say that in advance please add the is a big difference between how keyboard or GAMEPAD mode provides data for addons. Unfortunately ZOs did not code both similar from the beginning.

Check at ESC, barrier free mode if you have enabled this by accident at the first login of ESO by hammering E too often at the initially shown popups. Could be a reason why the tooltips do not work.

Else I'm puzzled and do not know what could be the problem. If I were you I'd provide all that info to the dev via www.esoui.com, Tamriel Trade Center addon comments and describe in detail, with a Screenshot, what is not working. Provide info about input mode, client language, server, date of price update (check the file luve/AddOns/TamrielTradeCenter/Price Table.lua for the date&time of change), what dies not work as expected, and that you've tested it with all other addons and libraries disabled except for TTC.

I am using a gamepad yes but TTC always worked with it until High Isle update. I did try Master Merchant but refused to work with Gamepad which is how I found TTC which before High Isle worked with a Gamepad.

If it is the Gamepad then I am majorly confused on why I was able to use TTC with a gamepad before High Isle update.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you read all above? Does not look like... Hint:Barrier free mode
    Edited by Baertram on June 20, 2022 3:53PM
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭

I am going to try that but can't play ESO for a while until later but will let you know if it works....hopefully it does.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭

Where is Barrier free mode in settings? Checked it all and can't find it so far.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Rip

Can't figure the issue out and still can't find Barrier free mode which even guild mates have no idea what it is.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Think I found the issue.

BetterUI : Gamepad Interference addon has not been updated yet and seems it has the exact tooltip set up I usually see when using TTC.

So might not be TTC but BetterUI since it has yet to be updated
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barrier free mode -> New feature of High Isle. May be called differently (Accessibility?)
    Ingame press ESC, at the menu at the left side you should see the entry.
    Think I found the issue.

BetterUI : Gamepad Interference addon has not been updated yet and seems it has the exact tooltip set up I usually see when using TTC
    Guess you did not test properly then or you lost me what is wrong and what not... But I feel I wasted my time if I read this now, sorry to say :/

I thought you had disabled all other addons and tested ONLY with TTC, so this should have brought you a working TTC only version with Gamepad mode? And you said: No, it doesn't.
    So you should have noticed then it works fine, if BetterUI was disabled at that test... seems it wasn't :|

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Barrier free mode -> New feature of High Isle. May be called differently (Accessibility?)
    Ingame press ESC, at the menu at the left side you should see the entry.
    Think I found the issue.

BetterUI : Gamepad Interference addon has not been updated yet and seems it has the exact tooltip set up I usually see when using TTC
    Guess you did not test properly then or you lost me what is wrong and what not... But I feel I wasted my time if I read this now, sorry to say :/

I thought you had disabled all other addons and tested ONLY with TTC, so this should have brought you a working TTC only version with Gamepad mode? And you said: No, it doesn't.
    So you should have noticed then it works fine, if BetterUI was disabled at that test... seems it wasn't :|

I did test with only TTC but since BetterUI is out of date it would have not mattered if I disabled everything except TTC because BetterUI was the one making the TTC price show up. I would have not known this because its only showed in the addon description if you decide.

This is what I usually see
    mc9cvoy1jpsh.png
    I had it installed since 2019 so I forgot I had to have it to make the TTC pricing show up.

Disabling everything was actually not even needed since BetterUI was the one making TTC price show up and since it was not working it was not going to show the price no matter what.

So not really my fault that was actually BetterUI that was showing TTC and not just the TTC addon.

[Edit] Also I had these 2 addons since 2019 and I forgot BetterUI was the one making the TTC price show up so I would have No Idea that disabling addons would have not worked. Everyone forgets something mostly if it was a little thing that was installed almost 3 years ago.
    Edited by Mr_Madness on June 21, 2022 11:06PM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay got it, I thought TTC natively supportes GamepadUI, seems BetterUI was it then.
    Something learned, thanks.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Madness wrote: »

I might but then again they might won't if I have to say I did not disable ad blocker.

Asked tons of people and works fine except for me. Only error I get is something about BetterUI

Why would you say you did not disable add blocker?

I do not think it matters when using the add-on. Just the website.
    Edited by Amottica on June 21, 2022 11:33PM