Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New Quickslot Wheel

shadyjane62
shadyjane62
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is there a way to permanently disable this function?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 20, 2022 1:53AM
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you could unbind the keys to swap between the different quickslot menus in your controls menu
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • ankerous
    ankerous
    ✭✭✭
    They should have made it so you can bind keys to directly open the different wheels. It is annoying to have to hold the quick slot button and then press another button multiple times to change wheels. I mainly play in controller mode and used to use the emote quick wheel often because you could just press a button on the controller to directly open that wheel and now that functionality is gone.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Took me a day or two to get used to but am pretty happy with it now. But I only use the main wheel, and the allies wheel. Would be nice if I could move the allies wheel directly adjacent to the main wheel instead of having to skip an empty wheel each time, but I'll live.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Browiseth, unbinding helped. It still shows up when I summon bank, but it's only the one wheel, the main wheel which is more than sufficient for me. I was killed three times in a boss fight when the wheel kept popping up and staying up during the fight.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed I can't individually bind each Quickslot Wheel to separate buttons. The way it is now I won't be using anything but the default Quickslot Wheel as cycling through them is a hassle. In gamepad mode I have normal quickslots bound to the Share/Select button, I would like to bind the other 4 Wheels to L1+Directional Keys for easier access.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even use the one I had before for anything but a stack of healing potions. I just find scrolling around while trying to play a huge pain.

Now every time I go to Collections to activate a companion this wheel pops up in my face trying to get me to add them to the wheel, but I don't want to add them to the wheel. It's not like I'm swapping between them all the time where I need quicker access.

I'd love to be able to just toggle these extra wheels off so they stop getting in my face.
    PCNA
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why they limited the new wheels to items that don't need to be accessed quickly. Emotes and tools didn't need to be accessed quickly. While things like siege and potions DO need to be accessed quickly. They gave us a cool new feature, and somehow managed to make it useless at the same time. Most people would rather be able to disable the new "quickslot" wheels due to such poor implementation of a great idea. It's like ZOS tripped and fell right before the finish line in the race.
  • Ballermfrau
    Ballermfrau
    ✭✭✭
    Before momentos and emotes where completely useless to me. I would not go through the hassle to write /emote, which does not feel intuitive.

I used an addon before which took ages to change between presets so I am very happy to have access to multiple buff foods, assistance, potions and tools now.

But the ability to bind a key to each page would be appreciated.

I still wonder why ESO has such a strange UI since launch (PC exclusive) which is great for controllers but odd for M+K.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it. I hate it, I hate it, I HATE IT!
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't know why they added more wheels instead of just adding more spots to the existing wheel - at the very least, being able to add whatever we wanted to the secondary wheels would have been nice.

Not a fan of being limited or told what types of items I can add, or having to go through wheels I'm not using to get to ones I am.

Another feature that is poorly implemented and poorly thought/planned out - I honestly don't understand how ZOS runs or manages ESO when so many broken and bad features get through the cracks of a major update - like the main menu music swap feature that just doesn't work. Bravo, team! -_-
  • theendoftheriver
    theendoftheriver
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed with the sentiments here. Idea is solid. Implementation falls short.
    Eric Dikkersun - Achernar - EZE - theendoftheriver - Orion Silvercuff
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate it too. A few times now when in mid battle & if the quick slot is on the wrong thing & I try to get my health potion, an empty wheel will pop up & I have no idea why & it does not go away easily. It messed up a few fights with bosses because the big wheel in my face would NOT go away with simply hitting alt o whatever.
    I hate stupid [snip] like that. Fine put your new bells & whistles in, but add an option to disable it [snip].

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 19, 2022 5:11PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rigidity of this new wheel system is in IMHO rather underwhelming. This could be alleviated by letting the player customize their setup but I wouldn't hold my breath on that issue.

FreeWheeling should be a thing ;)
    Edited by LalMirchi on June 20, 2022 10:28AM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do I cause this new wheel to be completely disabled?
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pressing the quick slot key should use the item, or do nothing. If that changed, fix that bug.

Press and hold should let you change the current item. That is the only part that should be affected by the enhancement, by letting you access extra wheels for the choice. If you can’t ignore the enhancement at this point by simply not bringing up extra wheels, then that is another bug that needs to be fixed.

Placing items on the main wheel from inventory or collections should not have changed, even if new ways to do so are added. I’m still trying to figure out how to get a choice of companions on the main wheel. Perhaps I’m not supposed to want that now. I can slot the merchant, banker, and a companion at the same time, but adding another companion means removing the existing one first. But some of my characters have two, because that situation existed before the patch that added more wheels. If that choice doesn’t break anything, why take it away?