The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CFO

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
CFO=Center Flag Obsession
I was wondering if people could explain to me the obsession so many BG players have with the center flags in BG play, when those flags do not count any more than the other flags during a match.
I have lost many a BG run due to players who only play the center flag, even if they have to do it solo and die repeatedly.
  • stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    People are in battlegrounds to pvp. If you run of to a flag on the other side of map you're just going to stand there watching other people have fun.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Domination, common strategy is to try to hold 2 of the flags. Center is closest to all the others, so it’s the most strategic to hold. That said, if it’s heavily contested in long, sweaty battles, then it’s smarter to try to hold 2 of the outer flags indtead, even if that means having to travel a greater distance between them.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Players queue to get a Deathmatch. When that doesn't happen, the next best thing is brawling on the center flag.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on June 18, 2022 2:55PM
    PC NA
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Players queue to get a Deathmatch. When that doesn't happen, the next best thing is brawling on the center flag.

I think you nailed it. This isn't about positioning or winning a BG; it's about making it a deathmatch. I am delighted DM only BG's are gone, but I wish they offered it as a drop-down menu option so people who only want to play DM can do so instead of ruining the match those of us who want to run the BG Dailies.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Talyndor wrote: »
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

I think you nailed it. This isn't about positioning or winning a BG; it's about making it a deathmatch. I am delighted DM only BG's are gone, but I wish they offered it as a drop-down menu option so people who only want to play DM can do so instead of ruining the match those of us who want to run the BG Dailies.

This kinda goes both ways though. While I certainly prefer DM, the objective modes can be just as fun so long as everyone is on the same page. If everyone is sticking together and trying to fight the other teams for their flags, it's an absolute blast. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to challenge a team for their flag and having all of your teammates try to be "big brain" and leaving you to die while they repeatedly run to the empty flag.

I understand that running to the empty flag is often the best strategy, but that's the problem with BGs; the best strategy is often avoiding the thing that most players queue into BGs to do.