The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High Isle Breton Wizard Tower House (Like Tor Draioch)

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Ember's quest features a Breton Wizard's Tower name Tor Draioch (I wish devs would confirm what this name means).

ON-place-Tor_Draioch.jpg

It's honestly not too big and not too small. I can see people counting it as a home that will not be too hard to decorate. We have been wanting to have a small house in a while, and the only other wizard tower available is the Telvanni one. Please make available a house in this style and I am sure many will be happy
  • Tyrvarion
    Tyrvarion
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. This is one of the houses that I'd definitely buy the moment it's available. Proper house for mage characters.
  • AltmerGF
    AltmerGF
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this would be a great design for a house. Other than the very specifically themed Tel Galen we don't really have anything for that wizard tower fantasy.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, this would make a great home and the outside area is really nice as well. So many great alternatives but I've given up hope of ever seeing them offered to us in game.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    AltmerGF wrote: »
    Yeah this would be a great design for a house. Other than the very specifically themed Tel Galen we don't really have anything for that wizard tower fantasy.

And at that a too much of Tel Galens interior is filled with the Mushrooom. I get they are built form them, but too much lost space.

For Tor Draioch, if they ever make something similar available to players, I would hope the interior matched the exterior a bit more. I would love to be able to go up the highest tower and use the deck.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would hope if they're going this route it won't be set to actual small house furnishings limit.
  • AliasRed
    AliasRed
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a fantastic offering as medium sized house also with a few little tweaks (access to balcony and top of tower, medium sized herb garden and decent sized cellar or catacomb area underground) that I assume plenty of magicka based characters would jump at the opportunity to own. After all what is a wizard/mage/sorcerer without their very own mage tower :)
    Edited by AliasRed on June 20, 2022 7:34AM
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    I would absolutely spend crowns on something like this rather than another massive manor house.
  • lambdse
    lambdse
    Soul Shriven
    Omg yes please!!! I loved this tower! Would love to own/decorate one like it!
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    Me, please!!!!
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would move into this tower in a heartbeat!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Breton wild witch needs this tower!
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine this tower with an ocean view and a large or manor furniture limit, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, ZOS is obsessed with massive mansions.

Edited by Leogon on July 7, 2022 10:31AM
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please. Would buy like a shot.
    PC-EU.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still want my cottage/medium houses in summerset and high isle, but I'd also buy this. I know someone who doesn't even do housing normally, but told me the second he saw this he'd buy it in a heartbeat.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been waiting for a house just like this since player housing was released. Still waiting!
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Google search - in Old EnglishTor means crag or high hill or even tower.

Draioch seems derived from Old Irish draíocht meaning witchcraft, magic, druidism.

Of course I've never been there in the game. The place could be a bakery for all I know.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need this! As much as I need Erlibru's Cottage! Pleeeese ZOS? With moon-sugar on top!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to make the same post!

This is my dream home for my character.

Honestly, sine housing came out I've been waiting for PRECISELY this tower

in THIS exact location

cpffi64xx2rd.png

Right on the border of the Reach, where many similar, but dilapidated towers can be found.

I think it would be pretty awesome if it had basement/foundations or dungeons beneath for those who need more space for crafting, etc; that can easily be blocked off and ignored by those only interested in the tower.
  • TinyDragon
    TinyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to make the same post!

This is my dream home for my character.

Honestly, sine housing came out I've been waiting for PRECISELY this tower

in THIS exact location

cpffi64xx2rd.png

Right on the border of the Reach, where many similar, but dilapidated towers can be found.

I think it would be pretty awesome if it had basement/foundations or dungeons beneath for those who need more space for crafting, etc; that can easily be blocked off and ignored by those only interested in the tower.

I would love to see a tower in this spot, or very similar. Overlooking the Western Reach, a position of power but also sort of safety- tucked away form the schemes of the lords and ladies of Evermore.

I can't think of a better spot for a Breton tower - and I think it should be Breton, all we have for them is manors etc, but they're meant to be a magical race!
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey ZOS, you already have buyers lined up for this house! Me included. WIN/WIN for everyone.

Thanks!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to buy the individual pieces to this tower or buy the whole tower individually.

Attaching it as a tower to my castle builds would be amazing.

Pretty pretty please!
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro, I know, but something like this not being a house is a crime. @ZOS_Kevin hope it's not too late to add another house in High Isle..
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Necro, I know, but something like this not being a house is a crime. @ZOS_Kevin hope it's not too late to add another house in High Isle..

No, poster above had it perfectly placed-- edge of the Reach
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MageCatF4F wrote: »
    Google search - in Old EnglishTor means crag or high hill or even tower.

Draioch seems derived from Old Irish draíocht meaning witchcraft, magic, druidism.

Of course I've never been there in the game. The place could be a bakery for all I know.

It literally translates to magic tower lol
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it'd be possible to build something very close to this with the High Isle and other parts they've given us. BUT the furniture limitations are the real problem T_T

I'd probably use at least half the budget to build, then more to garden, and have nothing left for anything interesting inside.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i've wanted tor draioch as a house ever since i saw it.
    Fogbreak Lighthouse has the interior of it though so i've used that as my magic tower
    Edited by LunaFlora on October 15, 2023 7:46AM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    i've wanted tor draioch as a house ever since i saw it.
    Fogbreak Lighthouse has the interior of it though so i've used that as my magic tower
    Hmm, true, I might have to take another look at the Fogbreak lighthouse, but I guess it won't come again for another year. Shame. Sometimes I hate this system of rotation stuff, by the time they are available again -- I've lost most interest. But it is what it is.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a variation on this in an Altmer style in Auridon or Summerset!
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LunaFlora I took a good look at Fogbreak Lighthouse this time, when it launched I thought it was underwhelming, plus I was low on crowns. Now I actually want it. @ZOS_Kevin I really hope it becomes available soon, highly doubt they will give it to me through a ticket, that's only if it was missed recently. Pluuuus, Fogbreak actually have very good indoor weather sounds, and I sure love those for immersion.