The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How often do YOU update you ADONS ? (when you play on a regualar basis)

Ilithyania
Ilithyania
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 20, 2022 1:56AM
PC

How often do YOU update you ADONS ? (when you play on a regualar basis) 158 votes

Once a day
63%
Maddjujubelial5221_ESOtheskymovesSorianaacastanza_ESOMalkivdrzycki_ESOalenae1b14_ESOBelegnoleJarndycedeadsheepb14_ESOGedericsarahvhoffb14_ESOTheutusxaraanBaertramCyberOnEsoDanikatValvefreespirit 101 votes
Once a week
20%
DarcyMardinczarSorakaElvenheartLiedekeBouldercleaveN00BxV1Jack-0theendoftheriverTevalaurGiantFruitFlyFluffyReachWitchAcadianPaladinaaisoahoTragedyOALongstrikerjoergingerWyrd88oregonrobseecodenotgames 33 votes
Once a month
6%
Sheridanshadyjane62DerraBretonMageAbelonNotaDaedraWorshipper5criptMagio_CheyenneFluffyBird 10 votes
Once a year
4%
phaneub17_ESOTreselegantTommy_The_GunElectrone_MagnusZastrixHoneyBunBadgersMesite 7 votes
Theres adons?
4%
tohopka_esoradiostarSarannahRex-UmbraDiebesgutAzuraFanGorø 7 votes
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whenever there is an update that breaks one of them. If they keep working I don't worry about it.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    Well if you don't update them they don't work properly, or at all. So when I'm gaming, make sure they're all "happy" hehe.

Imagine if we didn't have addons....o.o.....
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    I'm not a Windows user, so I need to download TTC prices data manually from TTC website. I have a handmade script that updates my addons and also updates TTC prices data. I run the script once in a day to get fresh TTC data, and simultaneously I update the addons.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    First Minion, then boot up the game to not get some lua errors in a middle of a trial or ruining some "sweaty" achieve run.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once a week
    After a patch, daily.

Otherwise weekly.
    PC NA
  • Cominfordatoothbrush
    Once a week
    Whenever one breaks usually. I check every day or two after a major update.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    Every day.
    I also keep ESOUI up on a browser tab all the time. I check it a few times a day to see if any new addons have come out, and to keep up with its forum.
    It helps to stay informed on addon situations. I’ve been able to assist countless players with addon troubleshooting and new features.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a week
    I do it between one and two times a week. It seems to be enough as I very rarely have troubles with any, and when it happens, it's my first action to make sure I have it up to date.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    Actually once a session as I do my daily run of ESO in a sequence. I run Minion at the beginning of every session. Quite often I only have time to do the first session.

Session 1 : Chores === Login rewards - Daily crafting writs - quit and do other RL things

Session 2 : Chores === Daily quests - after lunch

Session 3 : My game time in the evening === Questing, exploring new and shiny things - can often be an all-nighter.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Theres adons?
    Never, I do not use add-ons!
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've gotten in the habit of checking Minion before I start the game; daily.
    Sometimes I only have time to log-in once in a day, to grab the daily log-in reward.
    Other times, like the weekend (if I'm not working), I'll check it in the morning and in the evening if there has been a recent content release, wherein lots of add-ons are getting updated.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once a day
      The first time I start ESO that day I'll also run Minion to check for updates. So it's not actually every day because I don't play ESO every day, but near enough.

It's easier for me to just run it each time than try to remember to do it once a week or month or whatever, and definitely easier than trying to keep up to date with news on each addon so I know when there's been changes (I only use about 12, but it's still more than I want to keep track of).
      VDoom1 wrote: »
      Well if you don't update them they don't work properly, or at all. So when I'm gaming, make sure they're all "happy" hehe.

Imagine if we didn't have addons....o.o.....

It depends on the addon, and on what changes are made to the game. I have a couple of addons which haven't been updated by the authors in years but they still work because nothing that's been changed in-game affects them.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • proprio.meb16_ESO
      proprio.meb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once a day
      Since im updating ttc manually, im anyway used to download all prices and put them in the folder before starting my game... therefore im also used to daily check latest updates on esoui.
    • phaneub17_ESO
      phaneub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once a year
      I only remember to update when it breaks, I don't use that many, half a dozen at most. Azurah, Srendarr, HarvestMap, SkyShards, Skill Point Finder, and Lost Treasure gets toggled on or off once I get enough maps with no room left to fill.
    • Narvuntien
      Narvuntien
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Whenever there is a new content patch so 4 times a year.
    • redlink1979
      redlink1979
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      6th poll option: Minion takes care of that for me. Once an update is available, it's installed.
      "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
      • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
      • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
      • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
      • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    • ADarklore
      ADarklore
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once a day
      Normally before I start ESO, I'll start Minion to see if there are any updates.
      CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    • Kiralyn2000
      Kiralyn2000
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      bmnoble wrote: »
      Whenever there is an update that breaks one of them. If they keep working I don't worry about it.

This. As long as they keep working, I don't care about those "out of date addon!" warnings. I don't have Minion, or any other automatic/online mod manager. Do it all manually. /shrug

Of course, I don't run anything particularly finicky.
    • starlizard70ub17_ESO
      starlizard70ub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Once a day
      Usually it's every few days. But after a large update, it could be every few hours for a couple of days. I'm using Minion of course and I don't change my add-ons much, so it's easier for me.
      "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    • Ragnarok0130
      Ragnarok0130
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Once a day
      When I was manually managing addons I used to update them when there was a patch or update. Now that I'm using minion I just run minion daily and pull in all of the updates at once.
    • Ragnarok0130
      Ragnarok0130
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Once a day
      Sarannah wrote: »
      Never, I do not use add-ons!

@Sarannah I'm curious what type of ESO activities do you do? Running dungeons and trials I find addons to be invaluable.
    • AzuraFan
      AzuraFan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Theres adons?
      I've used addons in the past but I ended up removing all of them.
    • shadyjane62
      shadyjane62
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Once a month
      I say once a month but it's when there is major patch and they are broken, or when they say they are broken but still work.

This happened recently with Dolgubon's it said it was out of date, yelled at me to fix it by updating, must have updated every day for two weeks but today it finally worked
    • Snamyap
      Snamyap
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Once a day
      6th poll option: Minion takes care of that for me. Once an update is available, it's installed.

There is an option to do it automatically?
    • ADarklore
      ADarklore
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once a day
      Snamyap wrote: »

There is an option to do it automatically?

Well, you still have to have the program running... but instead of clicking each Addon to update, that has an update available, there is an option to automatically update all.
      Edited by ADarklore on June 17, 2022 1:20PM
      CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once a day
      Actually twice a day - I run Minion in the morning before playing and in the afternoon after getting out of the game. I'm not a person who likes "auto update", I want to read what's changed and decide if I want to update at that point or wait a bit - if it's just localization updates for instance, I'll wait until there's other changes.
      Edited by TaSheen on June 17, 2022 1:22PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • lolvrangsinn
      lolvrangsinn
      ✭✭
      Before I launch the game, I launch Minion real quick to check for updates.
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once a year
      I update them when I feel like they don't server their purpose (example: they don't work because update changed api or there is new content with new treasure maps etc).
    • N00BxV1
      N00BxV1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once a week
      I usually check for addon updates about once a week, sometimes daily if an addon is broken.

But lately I've been having a problem with Minion that maybe someone knows how to solve?

When opening Minion I sometimes get the message "Minion is unable to connect to the internet. Please check your firewall, security and proxy settings." and then the program closes. The strange thing is that I can try opening the program a few times and then it will finally connect and load. When it does finally load sometimes there are no addon icons but it still works, and sometimes it shows addon updates available but when I try to update them nothing happens so I have to close and try opening again. It eventually works but usually takes a few tries to get it to load and update...

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but it's the exact same thing. I've checked my firewall settings and Minion is not blocked nor has anything changed in that regard. I'm not sure when exactly the problem first started, but has been at least since High Isle released.

So I don't understand why it says there's a problem with my internet/firewall but then it opens after a few tries, and sometimes when it opens it fails to update the addons?
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once a day
      N00BxV1 wrote: »
      I usually check for addon updates about once a week, sometimes daily if an addon is broken.

But lately I've been having a problem with Minion that maybe someone knows how to solve?

When opening Minion I sometimes get the message "Minion is unable to connect to the internet. Please check your firewall, security and proxy settings." and then the program closes. The strange thing is that I can try opening the program a few times and then it will finally connect and load. When it does finally load sometimes there are no addon icons but it still works, and sometimes it shows addon updates available but when I try to update them nothing happens so I have to close and try opening again. It eventually works but usually takes a few tries to get it to load and update...

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but it's the exact same thing. I've checked my firewall settings and Minion is not blocked nor has anything changed in that regard. I'm not sure when exactly the problem first started, but has been at least since High Isle released.

So I don't understand why it says there's a problem with my internet/firewall but then it opens after a few tries, and sometimes when it opens it fails to update the addons?

This used to happen to me all the time. I can't remember when it quit - probably when they had the newer version for download due to whatever the problem was with security. Someone I know said she got it to quit by re-downloading and reinstalling.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....