The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jakarn's Ensemble: How it dyes and fits.

NotaDaedraWorshipper
NotaDaedraWorshipper
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For those interested in the costume here is an overview of how it dyes and fits.

Dyeing wise I'd say it's both good and bad. It dyes pretty true to colour of the dyes including shine and effects. But it have sections you can't dye which includes the shirt and metal bits.

6UThCC6.png
FPckrjs.png

Fit wise, I can't notice much if any strange morphing. It do got a bit of a weird fit over the butt regarding the lower part of the jacket which is common for those parts. It varies a lot depending on your character's body shape.

Took some screenshots on a few characters with varying body types but the sun was going down in game so they are a bit sloppy:
ku7H7OJ.png
iaIEupU.png
Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on June 17, 2022 6:29PM
[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this!

It's a shame about the gold. Someone in the art department really loves bright gold. It's inconvenient for those of us with silver themed characters.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this!

It's a shame about the gold. Someone in the art department really loves bright gold. It's inconvenient for those of us with silver themed characters.

@SickleCider Yup. Someone there really loves making costumes and styles these days with bits we can't dye, and they seem to have a fondness for very bright gold.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why oh why does it have the same problem as the bard costume where it looks like a car tyre in the middle, especially for female alts and those with a bit of bum?????
    Edited by SammyKhajit on June 17, 2022 9:57AM
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The female version looks really awesome in every way except the apparent bulge in the crotch which is fine on male characters but left unedited on the female version just doesn't look right.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why oh why does it have the same problem as the bard costume where it looks like a car tyre in the middle, especially for female alts and those with a bit of bum?????

@SammyKhajit I don't see the car tyre in the middle problem on either female or male characters, but I've noticed that almost all styles and costumes that got like a "skirt piece" or other pieces sticking down over the trousers often have horrible fit over the butt/hip/thigh area and sticks out like a balloon or tutu.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NotaDaedraWorshipper yes! That’s what this one refers to it bulges out so it looks like the player is wearing an inflatable piece around the middle. It’s particularly noticeable for female alts.

Not sure if it’s an intended look, but Sammy will have to pass on this one.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this!

@SickleCider Yup. Someone there really loves making costumes and styles these days with bits we can't dye, and they seem to have a fondness for very bright gold.

RIP Garb of Grinning Horrors (link)
    PC NA
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Thank you for this!

I thought of that one. I ended up pulling it in my quest to get the ram (I did get the ram 🕶️ Black Philip dreams achieved), and wondered if I could dye it to match and oh no nope. Afaik it didn't match ANY of those mounts.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this!

Ah yes, the apex tier costume that dyes badly and obviously looks like it's supposed to be seperate style pieces with it hips flaps and random pieces of armour instead of of a costume. :expressionless: Really frustrating
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this!

Ah yes, the apex tier costume that dyes badly and obviously looks like it's supposed to be seperate style pieces with it hips flaps and random pieces of armour instead of of a costume. :expressionless: Really frustrating

We lost camels for this.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We lost camels for this.

A crime worthy of Clavicus Vile. Stop putting skins and costumes in apex tier, ZOS and return the camels please.

Also learn that we like to be able to dye styles and costumes completely. Make better dye channels.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the post, that's so helpful. I wish one of the QoL features they add in the future will be to let us dye more channels in costumes.
  • Saviin
    Saviin
    ✭✭
    Thank you for putting this information here! But yeahh, no. 2K crowns and some of the pieces don't even dye? What are they smoking over there at Zenimax? They've been increasing the cost of costumes gradually over the years (500 use to be the standard, now 700 is, topping out prior with Shimmerene Soiree at 1200 crowns, but that costume actually LOOKS like 1200 crowns). Jakarn's Ensemble? Nope, that does not look like a 2000 crown costume, especially on female characters.

Thank you so much for the heads-up photos of dyes. I'm just going to go buy the actual houseguest for 500 crowns more.
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those costumes where I would stick with the original color. But its to overpriced in my opinion, shouldn't be no more than 1k, its not worth spending 2k on imo so I think I'll pass.