Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lady Thorn style, persistent loud noise

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How many people out there are hearing a constant loud noise with this style? It sounds like some sort of revving engine. Someone was chilling at the Stormhaven wayshrine with the sword out and it actually chased me right out of town!
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like it's meant to be a one-time sound on unsheathe/bar swap, but is looping continuously.

Adding dramatic sounds/flashes on barswap is a bad idea with how often we barswap. Prior Thierric still has an eye-straining flash and "bwong" sound each time.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapons themselves look awesome. Just totally remove the audio.
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    They should remove it. It is to annoying after a while. It sounds like "Magicka Detonation" skill.
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just made a discussion about this in general wondering if this is going to be the new thing with monster arms. A lot of sound effects.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • LotD_Hectic
    LotD_Hectic
    ✭✭
    They need to remove that annoying sound, it completely ruins the game's music and other sounds when you're using this weapon style.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just made a discussion about this in general wondering if this is going to be the new thing with monster arms. A lot of sound effects.

I hope not. If this is the direction they're going, I'm not getting any. This sound effect is objectively terrible. :(
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OnnuK wrote: »
    They should remove it. It is to annoying after a while. It sounds like "Magicka Detonation" skill.

Hmm, yeah, you're right. That's what it sounds like.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update: Right now someone is actually standing at the Vivec wayshrine, trolling people by spamming abilities and endlessly swapping these weapons around.
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was confirmed as a bug by ZOS here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/608191/lady-thorn-arms-pack-looping-audio-bug#latest. Should go away next patch. Just need hang in there till then.
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaGaOri wrote: »
    It was confirmed as a bug by ZOS here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/608191/lady-thorn-arms-pack-looping-audio-bug#latest. Should go away next patch. Just need hang in there till then.

Which is a shame because the constant noise is why I bought the arms pack :(

Thought ZOS was doing something new and unique instead of the same old glow every arms pack has.
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭
    They should at least remove the loop, the audio always cut before looping, it doesn't feel like it was meant to do that.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaGaOri wrote: »

Apparently it didn't make it into the last patch... hopefully the NEXT one.
    CP: 1920 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****