The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread For "Set Sail For High Isle Week 3 Schedule & Rewards"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
9u961l41a66l.jpg

Official Discussion Thread for article, "Set Sail For High Isle Week 3 Schedule & Rewards"

"The Set Sail for High Isle celebration continues onward into week three, and the rewards just keep rolling in!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 20, 2022 6:53PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are this week's drops so weird compared to the previous two weeks?
    In week 1 and 2 we got the goodies after watching for 4 hours each. Now we have to watch for 4 hours just to get the ghost cat pet again (even if we already own it), then watch another 2 hours for the costume (even if we already own it) and then we can get the horse after another 2 hours for a total of 8 hours. It's nice to give people another chance to earn the things they've missed in week 1 and 2 but why double the amount of watch time for people who have already been watching in the first two weeks?

Now watching for 8 hours in 11 days probably won't be a problem for most but this honestly feels like it's encouraging people to not actually watch the streams but instead have them running in the background and that cannot be the desired effect of this promotional campaign.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    In week 1 and 2 we got the goodies after watching for 4 hours each. Now we have to watch for 4 hours just to get the ghost cat pet again (even if we already own it), then watch another 2 hours for the costume (even if we already own it) and then we can get the horse after another 2 hours for a total of 8 hours. It's nice to give people another chance to earn the things they've missed in week 1 and 2 but why double the amount of watch time for people who have already been watching in the first two weeks?

Now watching for 8 hours in 11 days probably won't be a problem for most but this honestly feels like it's encouraging people to not actually watch the streams but instead have them running in the background and that cannot be the desired effect of this promotional campaign.

Make sure to claim each drop so that the next drop can progress!!! I started watching a stream last night at 12am EST and fell asleep with it running, then woke up this morning at 8am EST with a stream still running, but the progress had paused because I wasn't there to claim a drop at the four hour mark.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Make sure to claim each drop so that the next drop can progress!!! I started watching a stream last night at 12am EST and fell asleep with it running, then woke up this morning at 8am EST with a stream still running, but the progress had paused because I wasn't there to claim a drop at the four hour mark.

Exactly! So weird...
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I have watched and claimed the ghostly cat and grim harvester ( that I already had ) currently watching an ESO streamer for the new horse today shows progress on the 4 hour cat and the rest are locked out.

Clearly not intended if you have a rational mind.

Surely we are not expected to watch another 4 and 6 hours to claim those ( again ) before the timer on the horse even starts?
    For the second giveaway , the "cat timer" did not restart, so why this time ?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I have watched and claimed the ghostly cat and grim harvester ( that I already had ) currently watching an ESO streamer for the new horse today shows progress on the 4 hour cat and the rest are locked out.

Clearly not intended if you have a rational mind.

Surely we are not expected to watch another 4 and 6 hours to claim those ( again ) before the timer on the horse even starts?
    For the second giveaway , the "cat timer" did not restart, so why this time ?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Oh it looks very much intended. They kept writing it in the articles too. The question is why? Previously we've had multiple drops going at the same time that didn't lock out progress. There once was a drop that gave a crate after 30min and another after 1h but they were both gaining progress at the same time. At the very least this should have been done here too but it highlights the "8 hours = horse" as opposed to the "one crate every 30min" from my example.
  • XaraxDev
    XaraxDev
    ✭✭
    I wasnt even aware that there was a celebration. Nothing is happening in the game right? They just want us to watch streams on twitch? Thats what I got out of the article anyway. If this assumption is correct then I think Ill pass. I wouldnt play eso if I found twitch streams so appealing.