The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Two Loremaster Archives Article questions attributed to the wrong people

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just would like to correct the recent article. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/62317

These questions were asked here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603533/loremaster-s-archive-q-a-bretons-of-the-systres-archipelago-high-isle-and-amenos/p1

"Despite now being a decidedly Bretonic archipelago, there are signs of habitation from many different races in the Systres Archipelago, possibly including those from Sunken Yokuda? —Aliyavana, member of Clan Direnni and the United Explorers of Scholarly Pursuits"

Is attributed to me, but the correct person to attribute is to Aramithius, Writer in Uncertainty

"Do the druids of High Isle have any kind of relation to the wyrds in Glenumbra, such as the Beldama Wyrd —Lady Eleanor Faucher, Guardian of the Restless Woods?" is attributed to Lady Eleanor Faucher, when the person that asked it was the user Nightlord

Was excited to see my name thinking my question was answered, but mistakes do happen.
Edited by Aliyavana on June 14, 2022 2:19PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the heads up @Aliyavana, we'll work on getting this edited so it properly credits the correct people.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to add that whilst correcting my name is perfectly fine, I am disappointed that basically EVERY question answered was answering with in-game lore, near copy pasted from NPC dialogue or lore books.
    This is incredibly lazy, and goes against the point of these archives which is answering things not in-game. Utter disappointment.

Though, hopefully this was just due to a backlog of work that it ended up low quality. High Isle is by far my favorite Chapter and it was incredibly fun to play through. Amazing work in that regard.
    Edited by CoolBlast3 on June 14, 2022 2:29PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up @Aliyavana, we'll work on getting this edited so it properly credits the correct people.

thank you for your reply
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with CoolBlast3 here - in particular, I'm disappointed that any questions about High Isle's war status was avoided.

It's bad enough that, time and again, we get ambiguous statements in the actual game about things like whether Orsinium remains with the Covenant, if all of Elsweyr reforms as the Elsweyr Confederacy as part of the Dominion or if Western Skyrim ever gets a new king (or more likely, Queen) elected, but I'm disappointed when not even opportunities to clarify starting situations like the Systres' war positions are taken.

I love High Isle and ESO in general, don't get me wrong. But from a roleplayer's perspective I see ever more ambiguous lore situations that can outright prevent people from RPing in specific locations, and they are ambiguous for no good reason. You can even ask Ayrenn and Emeric about Orsinium and Elsweyr in High Isle, but even they give absolutely noncommittal answers. I explicitly fielded a question here too about the Systres' war role, and that got avoided.

As it stands, I'm increasingly worried that the Q4 DLC will end the story on an ambiguous and untenable 'maybe the war ended, maybe not' note.

Can you please, for once, clarify and commit instead of cheekily leaving everyone hanging with no idea how the Chapter really ended or whether a place is actually at war or not?
  • Misanthropeprime
    Misanthropeprime
    Soul Shriven
    Jazraena wrote: »
    It's bad enough that, time and again, we get ambiguous statements in the actual game about things like whether Orsinium remains with the Covenant, if all of Elsweyr reforms as the Elsweyr Confederacy as part of the Dominion or if Western Skyrim ever gets a new king (or more likely, Queen) elected, but I'm disappointed when not even opportunities to clarify starting situations like the Systres' war positions are taken.

Did you finish the high isle expansion? I'm pretty sure all of these questions are answered. Emeric mentions working with king Bazrag, implying Orsinium is still part of the alliance. Ayrenn mentions Khamira as queen of Anequina, implying the confederacy has not been restored. And Svargrim mentions how he's courting princess Svana, implying she hasn't been crowned yet. Take some time to talk to the NPCs between quests and you'd learn.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have finished it, read what you mentioned, and no, there was zero clear committal there.

So, right back at you - re-read what they're saying. We're still stuck at the endings of the respective DLCs, with varying degrees between 'Maybe' and 'Probably', but absolutely no clear answer either way about content years in the past.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can only agree that this Loremaster Archives was disappointing. Few questions and most are already kinda answered.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Vinovin15
    Vinovin15
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with Jazraena and CoolBlast3. These questions and answer basically amount to nothing more than filler. Anything slightly interesting was answered with a "No" rather than "Yes, and", and all the other questions were just bland and off-topic. Like, for example, an interesting question about whether living in a far away island has changed Breton culture was answered with "Lol, nope, literally just High Rock Bretons, but they also like fish." Questions about lore implications of Sinistral Elves and Yokudan people's cultural heritage on the island was also similarly cast aside.

But, why did you pick a question about the Wyrds and Druids, when there is literally a lorebook in this update that explains exactly the same thing? What does this gain us? It's just redundant. Isn't the point of these Loremaster's Archives for us to learn more lore about things we won't be able to find out in-game? To answer lore questions that's not immediately obvious? What is the point of havign these Loremaster's Archives stuff at all if it's just going to end up giving us literally the same lore as in-game books?
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Loremaster Q&A is beyond disappointing. Not only was there a massive delay for no reason, most of the questions asked are already answered in-game.

I am quickly losing interest in the race.
    Edited by BlissfulDeluge on June 14, 2022 6:10PM
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno There is also a spelling error where it says "No-Totambu" instead of the correct "Na-Totambu" the second time it's mentioned.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, my partner and I spent time reading all the lorebooks as we quested through. The Archive was pretty much copy-pasted. I empathise because I know its extraordinarily hard to be perpetually creative when you're constantly under the pump of looming deadlines.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel ungrateful for complaining, but without constructive feedback nothing will improve so I will add: we still don’t have an official thread for the article either. :/
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.