Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can someone explain Blood Forge Vet dungeon third boss gimmick?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
Can someone explain Blood Forge Vet dungeon third boss gimmick?
The giant minotaur boss which is standing on the almost 10 diameter floating island surrounded by lava.
There're also several small island around the big island.

One day, I did PUG queue for the Vet Blood-forge dungeon.(maybe I should stop PUG for Vet, it's a bad idea.)
We have CP1K healer and 2 DPS. DPS might be CP600~700 degree.

That was a my first challenge for Vet Blood-Forge dungeon. So, I didn't know
any gimmick of those things. I wanted to know difference between normal and Vet.

Then I saw very strange things. People.. especially 2 DPS keep standing red zone and die many many many ......times. :/
I thought DPS always avoid it by dodge roll or something, because pure DPS is not so tough build like a tank.
At a first glance, I thought they got something "lag" network trouble. But actually not. They never try to avoid it, and die so many times.

More strange things was that they keep blaming tank, because of letting them die. ???????? :o

I always doing tank role very serious, never do trolling. So I was very confused.
Maybe I missed something, of course that was my first challenge. But, those guys never avoid damage zone, and die so many times.
Did I really miss something? Or just they were bad players? Which is correct?

I also met similar player in "normal imperial prison", they keep standing poison field and everyone die instantly except me.
I nailed giant zombie by taunt at the corner of room. There're enough space escape from it, But everyone die, because of
they ignore dangerous sign at the their feet. Sigh... I'm tired of those people.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
with [1Stam Blade].
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the minotaur throws his axe, you have to jump to one of the smaller islands to avoid the AOE. It is an instant kill to anyone still on the island. Also, if two players end up on the same small island, the island will disappear. And then you have to stay on the island until the fire is gone from the larger island.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    When the minotaur throws his axe, you have to jump to one of the smaller islands to avoid the AOE. It is an instant kill to anyone still on the island. Also, if two players end up on the same small island, the island will disappear. And then you have to stay on the island until the fire is gone from the larger island.

Thanks for reply. :)
    I've noticed it. And do it properly. I keep taunting minotaur and buff up my member as possible as I can.
    But those strange people blamed me, they think their death was my fault. ???? Were they just bad players?

with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They were likely players who had never done vet before. You were fine. This is the risk of pug groups who don't look up mechanics or ask for help. Not going to turn this into one of those threads, but you will encounter this in vet dungeons where there are undodgeable mechanics. I still see this from time to time with the last boss in Spindle 1. Its less frequent than it used to be. I remember when everyone wanted Earthgore for PVP years ago. What a mess.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part of the problem is the difference between the mechanics of vet and normal dungeons. Learning mechanics from doing normal dungeons can be a problem. In this case, I watched the videos of this fight (vet hardmode) and knew that I needed to get off the island with the boss to avoid the one-shot, but I noticed that those on the island with the boss didn't die (this on normal). It turns out that on normal you can just block. I started paying more attention and realized that there are a number of cases of things like this throughout the various dungeons.

PS5/NA
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This boss has 1 mech for tanks. After his HA he creates a "vulcano" on the ground. Tank needs to stand on top of it and block it or this will hit entire group. If tank wont stand on top of it it will shot fireballs at everyone with big burst at the end.
    If u didnt do it then yes u was killing the group. They would die anyway tho if they keep standing in red circles.
    If u did this then its only their fault for dying. Thats the only thing tank has to do there.

Also thats a 4th boss.
    Edited by Arthtur on June 14, 2022 8:10PM
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AvalonRanger What the others wrote is mostly correct. Though the scenario you described is only answered by arthtur. You are supposed to stand in the red small circle as a tank. The same go for the other minotaurs in that dungeon who wield a battleaxe, they have the same mechanic. Your group had some good heal or quick dps if no one mentioned that earlier in the dungeon.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »
    This boss has 1 mech for tanks. After his HA he creates a "vulcano" on the ground. Tank needs to stand on top of it and block it or this will hit entire group. If tank wont stand on top of it it will shot fireballs at everyone with big burst at the end.
    If u didnt do it then yes u was killing the group. They would die anyway tho if they keep standing in red circles.
    If u did this then its only their fault for dying. Thats the only thing tank has to do there.

Also thats a 4th boss.

" If tank wont stand on top of it it will shot fireballs at everyone with big burst at the end."
    Is it only for Vet mechanic? or we can see those phenomena in normal also?

with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »

Also thats a 4th boss.

" If tank wont stand on top of it it will shot fireballs at everyone with big burst at the end."
    Is it only for Vet mechanic? or we can see those phenomena in normal also?

He do that on normal too altough it deal low dmg on normal, almost not noticable.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may find this useful.

I have a created an ESO Pledge tool on my website that not only shows what the current pledges are (PC and Console), but also identifies their monster sets and provides links to dungeon mechanics guides if available.

It appears in the right column on wide screens and after the news stuff on mobile.

https://benevolentbowd.ca/

Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps