The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Isobel quest line bugged?

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
After I finished the first "trial" I received a message "Talk to Isobel" but she just keep following me and the dialogue does not show up. It this a bug?

No answer, I can't delete this post.
Edited by Scaletho on July 27, 2022 12:04AM
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Log out and log back in. It should fix it (I had the same bug and that's how I solved it)
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be an ongoing theme with ESO... I've found several quests bugged where a NPC follower is supposed to lead or follow and they either don't, or they follow but the interact option never appears. There is a quest in Greenshade where Indaenir is supposed to follow you... he doesn't... so when you reach the point when it says, "Speak to Indaenir" you actually have to log out and back in for the him AND the prompt to appear. It was noted years ago, fixed, then following update broke it, months later it was fixed again, only to be broken by another update. Now, they just don't seem to care and it's been bugged for years now.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    This seems to be an ongoing theme with ESO... I've found several quests bugged where a NPC follower is supposed to lead or follow and they either don't, or they follow but the interact option never appears. There is a quest in Greenshade where Indaenir is supposed to follow you... he doesn't... so when you reach the point when it says, "Speak to Indaenir" you actually have to log out and back in for the him AND the prompt to appear. It was noted years ago, fixed, then following update broke it, months later it was fixed again, only to be broken by another update. Now, they just don't seem to care and it's been bugged for years now.

Yeah, both Isobel and Ember have bugs that you need to reload or leave the quest and come back later. It seems all unlock companions system in High Isle are kinda half-cooked.

But I manage to overcome the bugs, anyway...

Thanks @Fenris_Arainai , thanks @ADarklore
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    sometimes you think your companion is following you, you turn around and he/she is not there. Going under "allies" you see that he/she has been deactivated. You have to recall your companion. :o

Why ?
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens on two occasions, the first is on the way to get the Broken Hilt, after she has a brief talk about the blocked path, let her finish the dialog and stops moving where she beckons you over before you talk with her. This is important, if you talk to her beforehand the game may not register her in the spot needed to follow you onto the path into the area with the Hilt so she's still standing there at the fallen tree.

The second time it can happen is going for the Druid Staff, there's a few spots along the way that will force despawn your active companion, pets, and Isobel. One of those spots seems to be near a pack of wolves, if you get on a ledge above them causes these forced despawns.

Both can be fixed by relogging at the Arrow location to talk with them.
  • Sidonius
    Sidonius
    ✭✭✭
    This seems to be an ongoing theme with ESO..
    I've notice companions will disappear if there's a npc attached to the quest. A perfect example is when Garyn follows/guides you to Holgunn (Davon's Watch - Delaying the Daggers). Your companion will track the same path as Garyn and then disappear when Garyn returns to his duties with his father.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 28, 2023 5:25PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • TagCdog
    TagCdog
    I have had to abandon the Escape from Amenos quest twice so far because of NPCs either not following or not being where they should be. I have tried logging out, but it didn't work. Spending 30+ minutes trying to troubleshoot a bugged quest (including logging out and back in) is not very fun.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not encountered any problems with Ember's quest and have done it multiple times. I HAVE however, found the reason for the issue with Isobel's quest. If you do not WAIT to follow her, and instead take off on your own expecting her to follow you... she will... but her interact will not appear. However, if you actually wait and let her take the lead, she will jump down from the rocks and when you jump down to continue following, her interact will appear. I have done her quest multiple times, and each time I run off and don't wait for her to lead the way, I don't get the interact and have to log out/in... but if I wait for her to lead, after she jumps down off the rock, the interact always appeared.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit just thought he would add that this just happened to him again. So still not fixed.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me now.
    In May, 2023.
    The thread was 'moved' and not actioned.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically if you log out and back in, the dialogue option to talk is there. There are many NPC follower quests that have this bug, and the only solution really is to log out and back in. Perhaps they can fix this as part of their 'bug fix' list this fall.
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they can fix this as part of their 'bug fix' list this fall.

I wonder what is on their "list".

During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent done the quest since launch, but there definitely was some problems with it where in certain spots if you moved faster than the npc in certain spots the npc would fail to appear and would require relogging to get her to show up (which further slowed down this already annoyingly long companion quest)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logging in and out did not work for me and I had to abandon Isobel's intro quest 3xs on one toon before the stars aligned and I could finish it.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    logging in and out did not work for me and I had to abandon Isobel's intro quest 3xs on one toon before the stars aligned and I could finish it.

That's odd. I've run her companion quest on all 16 of my alts and never had this problem. Sure I've had to log out/in before I realized that on the quest to find the sword hilt, after collecting the hilt you have to WAIT for her to finish her dialogue and then she runs away... you always let her lead. Once I started following that routine, I never had another problem with her quest. Yet, that was the ONLY place I ever had a problem.