Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can someone tell me what the story is for the High Isle DLC, without any spoilers?

SerasWhip
SerasWhip
✭✭✭✭
Can you give me a surface level introduction of what is the main storyline there, without spoiling the story itself? I like to play the zones in chronological order, so I want to know what awaits in High Isle story wise. Why am I going there etcetera.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 10, 2022 1:57AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    generally speaking that is what the prologue quests are for, they are supposed to be an introductory type thing as the "why" your visiting
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    generally speaking that is what the prologue quests are for, they are supposed to be an introductory type thing as the "why" your visiting

I did not buy the chapter yet.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to own the chapter to be able to play the prologue quest. That's always free content.

Here's your summary tho: Local noble organizes peace talks to end the Alliance war.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to own the chapter to be able to play the prologue quest. That's always free content.

Here's your summary tho: Local noble organizes peace talks to end the Alliance war.

Thanks :) So we are going there as a representative of our own alliance?
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, as an independent party. There's a fixed representative for each alliance.
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me spoilers without giving me spoilers...
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    Katlefiya wrote: »

Hey, the description worked for me. I had somewhat the same question as well. I didn't want to play through a bunch of content just to figure out what the story might be about (as I'm way behind in catching up on earlier content these days).
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if it is still there but you were able to pickup the High Isle prolog quest in the Crown Store, Quest Starters category before the release. It sets you up for High Isle and gives all of the background for the main quest plot.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    sarbonn wrote: »
    Katlefiya wrote: »

Hey, the description worked for me. I had somewhat the same question as well. I didn't want to play through a bunch of content just to figure out what the story might be about (as I'm way behind in catching up on earlier content these days).

Indeed, that's the exact reason why I asked this question.

I am sure he also got what I meant. Just wanted to act edgy apparently.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post