Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do I start High isle?

Ramei
Ramei
✭✭
The wiki says to got starter city and gives example of Daggerfalls, and talk to ambassador but doesn't say where they are and I have been all over the city. Only new NPC is another annoying female only this one wants me to play cards. I have no interest in that what so ever.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 10, 2022 1:42AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you talk to the lady who you apparently have no interest in hearing, you can accept her quest and it will give you a quest marker for a boat or cart (depending on the city) that will take you to High Isle.

If you have no interest in the card game, just drop the quest once you get to High Isle.

I don't know anything about an ambassador. I wonder if that's supposed to be a reference to the lady? I don't know.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I accepted the quest from my collections and took a wayshrine.
    PC NA, CP2200+. Character creation is the true endgame.
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to figure that our myself, but eventually the island popped up on the map and I just used the wayshirne.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Collections then Stories and choose the starter quest there. That is what someone in game told me yesterday when I had the same question.
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    If you talk to the lady who you apparently have no interest in hearing, you can accept her quest and it will give you a quest marker for a boat or cart (depending on the city) that will take you to High Isle.

If you have no interest in the card game, just drop the quest once you get to High Isle.

I don't know anything about an ambassador. I wonder if that's supposed to be a reference to the lady? I don't know.

So you have to get the card game quest to get the lead in?

Not the best idea....

I just looked for the new place and found an island to go to from a wayshrine, but that was non-intuitive.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the best idea....

I just looked for the new place and found an island to go to from a wayshrine, but that was non-intuitive.

That is the starter quest for the card game. There is a different starter quest specifically for High Isle. Go to Collections then Stories and choose the starter quest there.
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it a bit confusing when I was trying it out on PTS, because I wanted to go to High Isle "naturally" instead of just taking a wayshrine as though my character had known about High Isle's existence all along.

I eventually did just take a wayshrine and ran around, but once I went back to Vvardenfell I ran into the lady who's trying to recruit "fresh blood" for the card game, so I accepted her quest and noticed that the quest marker did point me to the boat I'd previously been unable to find.

I'm not sure if the "card lady" is the ambassador, or if there's another character we can talk to, but it's actually kind of nice

Not the best idea....

I don't know whether there's a way to start the zone questline by talking to an NPC in a continental zone, and as @SilverBride says, the quest for the card game is separate from the zone questline. I just know that when I was looking for a boat to High Isle on the PTS, I couldn't find one. But I didn't look all over for any "ambassador," so I don't know if or where there's an NPC you can talk to on the continent for starting the zone questline. I didn't think to talk to the card game lady until after I returned to Vivec City after having taken a wayshrine to High Isle, and I only talked to her (back in Vivec City) because I decided I might as well try out the card game before the chapter went live. As soon as I spoke with her and accepted her quest, I saw that it gave me a quest marker for one of the boats in Vivec City, which I swear I'd already checked out earlier to see if any of them went to High Isle, but none of them had mentioned High Isle as far as I can remember.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Ramei
    Ramei
    ✭✭
    Okay but the wiki doesn't say look for the lady asking you about the card game. And it only mentions one city Daggerfall, as if the other two alliances wouldn't be interested in High Isle. So the official wiki is very badly edited.
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    what is the "official wiki"? does that mean it's made or endorsed by zos?
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoghorn wrote: »
    what is the "official wiki"? does that mean it's made or endorsed by zos?

I don't know about an official wiki, but UESP is the "Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages," and it's the only wiki that I use.
  • kalabakk
    kalabakk
    Every time there's new content, I end up asking this exact same question: where do I start? I shouldn't need to use Google to find out how to access new content. I'm not picky about how they do it (in-game e-mail, something in Notifications, some other obvious thing on my screen, etc.) but it seems like they'd want to make it easier for people to try out the stuff they've worked so hard to create.

Maybe the Collections/Chapter thing is more obvious to people who play all the time, but as a more casual player, it wasn't something that came to mind for me.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalabakk wrote: »
    Maybe the Collections/Chapter thing is more obvious to people who play all the time, but as a more casual player, it wasn't something that came to mind for me.

I play every day and it wasn't obvious to me. The first thing I did was check the crown store for a starter quest because sometimes they are there. I never had to look in collections before. Someone had to tell me to look there.

They need to make it a notification that pops up where you can accept the quest.

In fact, there should be a cutscene when we log in showcasing the new chapter. Make it a real event. How are we supposed to be excited to begin a new adventure when it's not even mentioned?
    Edited by SilverBride on June 9, 2022 3:38PM
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post