The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Main Quest in High Isle is bugged - Queen Ayrenn not spawning

Stephanie_ABT
Stephanie_ABT
✭✭
Follwed the main quest up the point Queen Ayrenn asks you to collect items while looking for High King Emeric. Quest marker directs you to near a beach, just beyond that is a wayshrine....but the Queen is not spawning in this location for me. I have tried the following with no luck:

1) Unsummoned my companions and re-ran the quest after abandoning it - No change
2) relogged a hundered times and nochange either.
3) logged of for more than 12 hours, logged in again, no change

Could someone please enlighten me on this as I cannot continue the main questline in High Isle because of it.

Thanks
Delphine Veteran Rank 16 AD Sorcerer.
GM Guild Timeless Circle
Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi there! There's a path directly from the Flooded Coast Wayshrine, going north, that will take you to a pile of bodies and then Queen Ayrenn will pop up and come over to you. The Wayshrine should be slightly northwest of where the map pin currently is. Let us know if that works for you?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    That did work for me.
    2 bodies, located between the volcanic thingy (left) and the delve further up North.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there! There's a path directly from the Flooded Coast Wayshrine, going north, that will take you to a pile of bodies and then Queen Ayrenn will pop up and come over to you. The Wayshrine should be slightly northwest of where the map pin currently is. Let us know if that works for you?

oh boy i love me a good pile of bodies!
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Stephanie_ABT
    Stephanie_ABT
    ✭✭

Actually what did get working was again abandoning the quest, going to Amenos without once having summoned a companion and then it worked. if i even summoned a companion once before that moment, she wouldnt pop up for me for some reason but at least I managed to get it working finally for me.

Thankyou for your response
    Delphine Veteran Rank 16 AD Sorcerer.
    GM Guild Timeless Circle
    Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm at a different part of the quest, and she is missing for me. Tried logging out and logging back in as that has fixed this type of error in some other situations. This is after you gather 3 things and then go look for a certain other someone, and then you don't find that other person, and you are supposed to go talk to Ayrenn.
  • postukana_struna

I had the same problem, tried everything above. Now when I talk to her at the pile of bodies it doesnt go forward. I can just talk with her in a loop.
    What can I do? Any suggestions @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Thank you in advance
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dropped the quest, redid it up to that point. This time, she did spawn and knelt down to look at the bodies. But her dialog options are the same as in the quest objective before. There is nothing that moves the quest forward.
  • Al_Ex_Andre
    Al_Ex_Andre
    ✭✭
    Follwed the main quest up the point Queen Ayrenn asks you to collect items while looking for High King Emeric. Quest marker directs you to near a beach, just beyond that is a wayshrine....but the Queen is not spawning in this location for me. I have tried the following with no luck:

1) Unsummoned my companions and re-ran the quest after abandoning it - No change
    2) relogged a hundered times and nochange either.
    3) logged of for more than 12 hours, logged in again, no change

Could someone please enlighten me on this as I cannot continue the main questline in High Isle because of it.

Thanks

I had this bug, the big cat actually was stuck in the plainsight, he didn't move, and I couldn't get to Queen Ayrenn.

Like you did, I abandoned the quest, and then doing it again, it worked fine.

So when stuck, abandoning the quest may work indeed for those who got the bug. -Cheers
  • Auntee
    Auntee
    ✭✭
    The same is happening to me, I've tried everything still doesn't work.
  • Lentogames
    Lentogames
    Soul Shriven
    I got the bug as well. Abandoned the quest and tried again. I was trying to do it fast and this time Casca bugged. I talked to Casca and started interacting with the quest objectives on the ground. I did it too fast and Casca just stood there.

Would it be possible to make the new quest markers not appear before Casca is finished with the sniffing and ready for the next one?

I know this is kinda my fault for being too fast but others might rush it as well especially if they have to do it again.

I will try again but slowly without companions.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried it a third time, dropping the quest and starting "Escape from Amenos" from Jakarn in Gonfolon. This time, Ayrenn and the bodies do not spawn at all, just like the first time. I give up.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, I guess I know to expect to see Ayrenn as I progress the quest....
    Edited by MasterSpatula on June 9, 2022 9:06PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Auntee
    Auntee
    ✭✭
    Any update on how to fix this?
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you! Using this, I was able to have her reappear.

After this, she was stuck in a dialogue loop, like others described.

Here is how I broke the loop:

1. Relogged into the game.
    2. When she re-appeared, I selected only the last line of dialogue, asking where to go from here. I avoided any of the previous "loop" dialogue.
    3. No companion was summoned.

I've followed these steps with King Emeric, and it seems to work so far. That is, choosing the last dialogue option (that is not "Goodbye"), first.
  • postukana_struna

Thank you! Using this, I was able to have her reappear.

After this, she was stuck in a dialogue loop, like others described.

Here is how I broke the loop:

1. Relogged into the game.
    2. When she re-appeared, I selected only the last line of dialogue, asking where to go from here. I avoided any of the previous "loop" dialogue.
    3. No companion was summoned.

I've followed these steps with King Emeric, and it seems to work so far. That is, choosing the last dialogue option (that is not "Goodbye"), first.

Thanks to your post I finally got ahead with the quest, now I am stuck on a boat with all three leaders and I am stuck in a loop again. Did anyone else experience this?
  • nursingninja
    nursingninja
    ✭✭✭
    None of this has worked for me, I put in a ticket :(
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of this has worked for me. She is stuck in a loop once at the bodies, logged in and out, also dropped the quest and have redone it a few times, nothing. I did it again 3rd time and it worked after logging in and out
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on June 12, 2022 12:46AM
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    I have attempted this quest every day since the drop. Always ends the same. End up at the body pile, she shows up, and none of the conversation registers and the Quest marker still has her back at the beach where she last spoke to me. I have logged out, left he area, the isle, the instance the everything and no luck. I have abandoned and restarted the quest probably 10 or more times with nothing but hate for the queen when she once again drops Alzheimer's remembrance on me only moment later. Please god, don't let me kill her/myself like I want to when I get to this point. I know its the code, not her personal choice to kill the only PVE I will do in this game these days.
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭
    This is broken for me, as well, except I'm not getting the dialogue loop issue. The problem I'm having is a little different but similar to a few others here. I get to the step where you are meant to go find Emeric, but once you get to the green circle, it 'updates' only it sends the quest back a step to Ayrenn where she was standing on the beach, except she isn't there to talk to. All that is there is a quest marker hovering in the air. I've tried so many things to get this to work. Relogging several times, abandoning and restarting the quest, zoning out and back in. Nothing has worked. What I'm concerned about is this will remain broken like the "Durance Vile" one in the deadlands that prevents people from advancing the questline there, of which I have a character currently stuck on as well as a friend of mine's. I'm sure all of us are trying to get to the end of this quest line so we can get that deck among other things, so I hope, hope, hope its on the list of bugs getting worked on asap

Edit: No companions were present
    Edited by Wittychick42 on June 13, 2022 9:55PM
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    This is broken for me, as well, except I'm not getting the dialogue loop issue. The problem I'm having is a little different but similar to a few others here. I get to the step where you are meant to go find Emeric, but once you get to the green circle, it 'updates' only it sends the quest back a step to Ayrenn where she was standing on the beach, except she isn't there to talk to. All that is there is a quest marker hovering in the air. I've tried so many things to get this to work. Relogging several times, abandoning and restarting the quest, zoning out and back in. Nothing has worked. What I'm concerned about is this will remain broken like the "Durance Vile" one in the deadlands that prevents people from advancing the questline there, of which I have a character currently stuck on as well as a friend of mine's. I'm sure all of us are trying to get to the end of this quest line so we can get that deck among other things, so I hope, hope, hope its on the list of bugs getting worked on asap

Edit: No companions were present

Yea go back to where emrick was supposed to be. she will arrive and speak to you, then , hopefully she registers your conversation. head back to the bodies..
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno tried it again today, same bug as above when i get to the bodies you speak about