Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No new Gold House in High Isle

Azorean
Azorean
✭✭✭
Just like we previously feared the new House (not talking about inn rooms) in High Isle is not for the sale at the moment, and that usually means that is a crown house that will be available later.
Since Summerset (with the exception of Elsweyr where the main quest line gave us a free unique house) there is no gold house to buy.

So we got 1 gold house last year and 4 crown houses. This will year apparently will be 0 gold houses and x crown houses.
The economy is going down, gold inflation keeps increasing and they remove the only decent gold sink present in the game.

Also from the patch notes, it seems that the new public dungeons' fragments only give you one pet vs 1 per dungeon like in previous expansions.
Completing the new trial on Vet gives you a body marking and Vet HM gives a face marking, no skin just like last year... Mount of the trifecta achiv of the trail is simply a reskin from flame atro wolf...

They keep cutting on in-game playable/gold rewards and keep pushing more and more to Crown Exclusives and Crown Crates, those never seem to be cut down.
I understand they have bills to pay but this is going on the road where in the future 90% of cosmetics will be crowns or irl money exclusive.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 6, 2022 9:49PM
  • DarrowLykos
    DarrowLykos
    ✭✭✭
    It will always be about the bennys, biz 1st, game 2nd...
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow...do they really expect to sell that enormous house for crowns when it doesn't even have a yard?

I have a strong suspicion that the house in the main city might end up being an event freebie, possibly, but I'm not sure. It just seems that way.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually... I'm not that unhappy that this one's a crown house, because it's one of those 'furnish one small corner with 700 slots and close off the rest because it's too big' houses. And it's moldy. I've had my fill of moldy houses in Elsweyr.
    So, I keep my crowns and they can keep their moldy house... :)
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...do they really expect to sell that enormous house for crowns when it doesn't even have a yard?

I have a strong suspicion that the house in the main city might end up being an event freebie, possibly, but I'm not sure. It just seems that way.
    It has a yard. Not a very big or convenient one, but it does have one. It's not likely to be an event freebie, since a) it was in the crown store on PTS, which event freebies haven't been in the past, and b) the events where it could be a freebie are not until the next update, so they wouldn't release it this early if that were the case.
  • Tyrobius
    Tyrobius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azorean wrote: »
    Since Summerset (with the exception of Elsweyr where the main quest line gave us a free unique house) there is no gold house to buy.

So we got 1 gold house last year and 4 crown houses. This will year apparently will be 0 gold houses and x crown houses.
    The economy is going down, gold inflation keeps increasing and they remove the only decent gold sink present in the game.

Greymoor has Proudspire Manor and Blackwood has Water's Edge, both purchasable with gold after completing the main quest.

• ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It has a yard. Not a very big or convenient one, but it does have one. It's not likely to be an event freebie, since a) it was in the crown store on PTS, which event freebies haven't been in the past, and b) the events where it could be a freebie are not until the next update, so they wouldn't release it this early if that were the case.

Does it? I didn't manage to find it in that labyrinthine tangle of rooms, that suprises me honestly.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually, the Grand Psijic Villa was available to test on PTS via the crown store, and it was available to test in both furnished and unfurnished versions. The Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery was also available to test, though iirc it was only available in an unfurnished version. Now, I don't recall when they were available to test. I think the Gallery wasn't available to test until a PTS cycle after Greymoor's release, and the Villa may likely have been available to test after Summerset's release. So, the fact that this house was available to test during High Isle's PTS cycle may indicate that it will be a limited Crown Store release not long after High Isle's launch.

I don't plan on buying it, as the house is a right mess - it's like they took two or three individual houses and stuck them together. I think the back courtyard is pretty, but the house itself is just confusing. Not to mention the fact that the number of new furnishings is paltry at best, so it would be hard to decorate said house with just the new furnishings, as ZOS so aptly demonstrated with their furnished version.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I won't either way, the lay out is just way too stupid.

Oh well, the inn rooms a nice size and theres so little new furniture this update I may as well just play with that space.
    Edited by FluffWit on June 6, 2022 8:46PM
  • KKolly
    KKolly
    ✭✭✭

Maybe we can have it as an "I'm sorry" for this [snip] of a launch on PC-NA. That said, I'm not even interested in it. Its horrible.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 18, 2022 6:08PM
    PC/NA

PvP Enthusiast

Wolves Evermore Raid Lead
    DESTRO Officer
    Imperfect Cleavage Officer
    Army of the Covenant Ex-Officer

DC Faction RPer, All Elves must Die.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's weird we didn't get a house for gold, since we got the option on both the Blackwood and Skyrim chapters. When Housing was first introduced there were so many houses in different shapes/sizes available for gold... in recent years it seems there's mostly huge houses sold for crowns only. I don't mind having crown-exclusive houses as long as there's some houses with a gold option in there as well.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The really sad thing is that "unlocking" the gold house is one of the primary reasons some of my friends do all the zone content.
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    Was expecting High Hallow to be purchasable with gold much like the Summerset home. Going to be a bit infuriating if the only real new home in the expansion is crown only.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw the house on youtube I thought, well when it comes online and I can see it in person It will be better. I don't do PTS. I did the quest I saw the house, eh. I have the crowns but I'm going to pass. Not real impressed. I probably wouldn't even waist gold on it.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No new house for gold or quest is a big dissapointment for me - there should be at least small/medium city house to buy...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I didn't buy some of the houses that are gold purchasable as been in the same town you can get an Inn room it seemed pointless (unless you have gold to burn and I don't unfortunately) but I would love (like Vardenfell) having a house somewhere else in the map for gold but it seems like they have gone the other way completely.

I do wonder how they come up with the idea/location for new homes, would it be that hard for them to do some research via a poll on these forums or similar to find out what the majority of the player base wants?
  • ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭
    Im also a little sad that there wont be a gold house this year. Regardless of features that were brought out every year (antiquities, companions) doing the quest and getting the achievement to buy the house was always my biggest thing to look fowrad to in a new chapter. it hasnt released yet on console but currently im not excited for the launch as there is very little to look foward for me.
    It was always some sort of ritual for me to take my time, savouring all the quests, explore the the new area to track the quests all down and then after a long adventure move in to the new house and make the new zone my home base.

I wish they would communicate the reason why they are not doing that anymore, because the house was always my biggest appeal to buy a new chapter, if there wont be any in the future Im thinking about just waiting for chapters to be released with eso + and not buy them anymore.
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Actually, the Grand Psijic Villa was available to test on PTS via the crown store, and it was available to test in both furnished and unfurnished versions. The Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery was also available to test, though iirc it was only available in an unfurnished version. Now, I don't recall when they were available to test. I think the Gallery wasn't available to test until a PTS cycle after Greymoor's release, and the Villa may likely have been available to test after Summerset's release. So, the fact that this house was available to test during High Isle's PTS cycle may indicate that it will be a limited Crown Store release not long after High Isle's launch.

I don't plan on buying it, as the house is a right mess - it's like they took two or three individual houses and stuck them together. I think the back courtyard is pretty, but the house itself is just confusing. Not to mention the fact that the number of new furnishings is paltry at best, so it would be hard to decorate said house with just the new furnishings, as ZOS so aptly demonstrated with their furnished version.

That's about the only way I will get it.... for free, like grand psijic villa or antiquarian's alpine gallery. Definitely not paying 10k+ crown for it. lol
    Edited by chrisfeng on June 8, 2022 4:16PM
  • IPlayForFun
    IPlayForFun
    ✭✭
    Was looking forward to finally being able to buy a room for gold in High Isles, and then ESO only took crowns. Have noticed (even with the endeavor points) that more merchandise is shifting to the "crowns only" category since Microsoft became the parent company. Be careful about that route, because it is one of the things that damaged World of Warcraft. If you can buy everything with money, why play the game to earn gold or skills? And after a while, the game itself loses its appeal and challenge. And you quit playing. Even with the beautiful, detailed scenery. Keep that in mind, okay?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it is not a 14,000 Crown home, Highhallow Hold is definitely not worth that, here is the price of some other homes which were less then that for the price comparison.

- Sweetwater Cascades (13,000 Crowns)
    - Varlasvea Ayleid Ruin (12,000 Crowns)
    - Stone Eagle Aerie (12,000 Crowns)
    - Ossa Accentium (10,000 Crowns)

As for houses which actually cost 14,000, do you think Highhallow Hold is on the same tier as the following?

- Bastion Sanguinarsis
    - Pantherfang Chapel
    - Grand Psijic Villa
    - Agony's Ascent
    - Dawnlight Princely Palace

14,000 is the price that castles go for, not large townhouses, if anything Highhallow hold should be no more 10,000 crowns.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on June 17, 2022 3:21PM
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it is not a 14,000 Crown home, Highhallow Hold is definitely not worth that, here is the price of some other homes which were less then that for the price comparison.

I'm hoping it might be free ;)
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid it might become a "free" event house. Yes, the house is big with a large beautiful terrace. But it is very dirty and shabby. I would certainly like to get a house in High Island castle architecture.
    PC/EU
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid it might become a "free" event house. Yes, the house is big with a large beautiful terrace. But it is very dirty and shabby. I would certainly like to get a house in High Island castle architecture.

Yes, for some reason the ZOS house designers seem to be fans of mold and slime and dirt... >.<
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread was prescient. 10 k crowns. And mouldy, dark, badly laid out.

And no swimming pool! What the heck! When they show us Steadfast Manor, but give something so much less. I am so grumpy at how clearly little went into the house they release compared to how much went into the houses they designed in the game.

Even Lady Arabelle has a much better house.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    This thread was prescient. 10 k crowns. And mouldy, dark, badly laid out.

And no swimming pool! What the heck! When they show us Steadfast Manor, but give something so much less. I am so grumpy at how clearly little went into the house they release compared to how much went into the houses they designed in the game.

I wasn't a fan of the design either, too many small rooms like a maze layout, and a pretty basic courtyard for a notable. This house should have been available to purchase with gold as well, since we had no achievement house with the chapter, and the community event this year will offer the time-alter furnishing, and not a house.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are also far too many small rooms in the house for me - but: in the past, many people wanted houses with several rooms because they were fed up with the fact that we mostly got huge halls without divisions and separate spaces. Now we have the opposite...as always, a middle ground would be nice.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I actually like the layout/design of Highhallow Hold. It is my new summer home, and I'll probably winter in it too. I like the idea of a compartmentalized home, separating the servants section from food prep area etc.

I may be reading in this too much, but I was wondering if there was a historical purpose during medieval times for a house constructed using this design. We are still in pandemic times and a house design, compartmentalized, would serve to limit the spread of viruses and bacteria (and other microbes). I am curious as to why the house design team made HH, any historical reason? Also, there are two large structures that take up a lot of space located at either end of the main floor, big rectangular structures, do they serve a purpose?
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    I feel like this about every house in game. The Leyawiin house is the only large building in town that doesn't have a single bay window. Proudspire Manor lacks proper rooms, while every NPC house in Solitude has multiple rooms available and also features nice, warm timbering instead of morgue tiles everywhere. Large Balmora-style houses in Vvardenfell feature multiple rooms as well, while the Amaya Lodge is all open spaces. Somehow we always get buildings that don't follow the local interior architecture.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PDarkBHood wrote: »
    Hello, I actually like the layout/design of Highhallow Hold. It is my new summer home, and I'll probably winter in it too. I like the idea of a compartmentalized home, separating the servants section from food prep area etc.

I may be reading in this too much, but I was wondering if there was a historical purpose during medieval times for a house constructed using this design. We are still in pandemic times and a house design, compartmentalized, would serve to limit the spread of viruses and bacteria (and other microbes). I am curious as to why the house design team made HH, any historical reason? Also, there are two large structures that take up a lot of space located at either end of the main floor, big rectangular structures, do they serve a purpose?

Those small stage-looking blocks? They have to have a purpose. I feel this house was inspired by a real life manor somewhere and it probably had these.

kme8s0xopfnx.jpg
    Edited by Holycannoli on August 19, 2022 6:43PM
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noone wealthy lets a manor get into this state, and stone manors in hot places like high isle is based on, don't get mouldy, and don't have small windows, and they have balconies for air and sun protection. The interior is not copied from anything that matches the exterior world they made.