The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Intro Music Change Not Saving, Bug or Intentional?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have Base Game selected and when I reopen ESO, the choice is not saved saved. Is this intentional?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 10, 2022 6:01PM
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS want us to suffer
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That issue was present during the PTS weeks as well.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS want us to suffer

is this intended or is this a bug i wonder which is it then
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same yes.

It is set to Elsweyr. This one can see it is set to Elsweyr.

It plays the High Isles music - although the first time she changed it it did then play the national anthem of Elsweyr.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This is a bug that we're planning to fix in a future incremental patch. Your title music choice should be saved after you exit the game.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a bug that we're planning to fix in a future incremental patch. Your title music choice should be saved after you exit the game.

thank you for confirming!
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Why are all these useless changes happening - I cannot log the game AT ALL since this patch finished. Worked fine until last night - now it just crashes. I did all the possible fixes, updates, running win11, good video card (which apparently needs NOT to overlay, someone gave at some point a solution with removing nvidia overlay - seem to have worked for some - not for me though) - and 100 other issues - for perfectly useless changes! WHY?

Ticket remains perfectly unanswered, no error message, it JUST crashes. I as much as did the "removing startup animation" thing, works - but then it just died. Simply - and without as much as a warning.
    Edited by Erissime on June 6, 2022 3:27PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erissime wrote: »
    Why are all these useless changes happening - I cannot log the game AT ALL since this patch finished. Worked fine until last night - now it just crashes. I did all the possible fixes, updates, running win11, good video card (which apparently needs NOT to overlay, someone gave at some point a solution with removing nvidia overlay - seem to have worked for some - not for me though) - and 100 other issues - for perfectly useless changes! WHY?

Ticket remains perfectly unanswered, no error message, it JUST crashes. I as much as did the "removing startup animation" thing, works - but then it just died. Simply - and without as much as a warning.

@Erissime - if you are on PC, the servers were down for maintenance on June 6, i.e. the update to High Isle (Update 34). PC/NA server is still down. In general though, after any major quarterly update like this, if your game is simply crashing:
    - the first thing to try is disable all addons - at least for PC/Mac users. Some addons just don't play nicely until updated. If disabling them all helps, you can then try figure out which one (hopefully only one) is causing the problem. Update your addons via Minion too of course.
    - the next thing to try is to run a repair of your game from the launcher. Sometimes the game update download or install gets corrupted, and needs to be fixed.
    Usually checking the other aspects of your computer is the last thing you need to work on, although it certainly does happen sometimes that a WindowsUpdate happening in the background can cause performance or other problems while you are playing the game.
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Erissime wrote: »

@Erissime - if you are on PC, the servers were down for maintenance on June 6, i.e. the update to High Isle (Update 34). PC/NA server is still down. In general though, after any major quarterly update like this, if your game is simply crashing:
    - the first thing to try is disable all addons - at least for PC/Mac users. Some addons just don't play nicely until updated. If disabling them all helps, you can then try figure out which one (hopefully only one) is causing the problem. Update your addons via Minion too of course.
    - the next thing to try is to run a repair of your game from the launcher. Sometimes the game update download or install gets corrupted, and needs to be fixed.
    Usually checking the other aspects of your computer is the last thing you need to work on, although it certainly does happen sometimes that a WindowsUpdate happening in the background can cause performance or other problems while you are playing the game.

Thank you for the kind reply but I am more than well aware of all you are saying. Pc EU here, disabled addons, repaired multiple times, restart pc multiple times, updated all drivers, even removed the overlay of my video-card, try launch in compatibility modes ( win8/10/7 - while owning an 11), for several hours after said EU went back online. Ultimate solution - and one I never wished to reach - uninstalling. And while I know it is not very nice of me to make such a fuss of something usually happening around - I am sorry to say that I am deeply and utterly dissapointed. Oh and I keep an eye on annoucements about servers at all time - so unless pc EU was down while saying it is not - then idk.
    Edited by Erissime on June 6, 2022 7:09PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Servers back up, still plays the High Isle theme even though I have Base Game selected :(
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know it's slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me where to select the login screen music? I can't find it.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I know it's slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me where to select the login screen music? I can't find it.
    i believe it's in the 'settings--> audio' options area , no?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    i believe it's in the 'settings--> audio' options area , no?
    Thanks! I had another look, and found it, under Settings | Audio | Intro Music. Somehow I overlooked it before.
  • bellablithely
    bellablithely
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else having problems with this? I am. My choice of Title Screen Music is saved, but no matter what I have chosen it's the High Isle theme that plays when I go to login. Restarting the game has no effect. My choice is still selected but all I hear is the High Isle theme.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else having problems with this? I am. My choice of Title Screen Music is saved, but no matter what I have chosen it's the High Isle theme that plays when I go to login. Restarting the game has no effect. My choice is still selected but all I hear is the High Isle theme.
    It's a known bug, look upwards, to post #6.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The intro music is stuck. But my in game loading screens when zoning has changed to Elsweyr, which is what I canged it too.
  • EsoGoing
    EsoGoing
    ✭✭
    I play on console (PS5).
    Last week with U35 we console players finally got this feature to select our music of choice. There was even a witty comment about it in the patch notes.

However, just like others mentioned in this thread, the game does not play my selected music. It‘s just as Santie Claws said: I selected Elsweyr. It’s showing Elsweyr. It‘s playing High Isle.

:|:(

When will this get fixed?

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PS5: the music you selected only plays on the char selection screen of each server. If you go back to the server selection screen or to the 1st screen (intro) , the music that will play is the default one (High Isle). Once you enter the the char selection screen of a server, the music you selected will play again as desired.
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 10, 2022 5:34PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post