The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Copying saved variables to a new PC?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've got a new computer coming in about 2 weeks, and unusually for me I'll be able to have the new one and the old one running side by side so I can copy stuff over directly.

I'm going to do a fresh install of ESO, but I'd rather not have to go through setting all my addons up again. If I copy the Saved Variables folder to the new computer is that enough to copy all the settings over, or will it cause problems?

Also does it matter if the drive ESO is on might change? The addons and saved variables folders will still be in the documents folder on C (because it's not worth the hassle of changing the drive Windows is on), but right now ESO is on the B drive and I might change that. I didn't see any mention of drives in the couple of .lua files I skimmed through, but I'm not sure.
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Just copy the folders to the same location on your new one.

The eso client is looking for the settings and addons in the "Documents" folder, no matter there the client is installed.
    Beware of "One Drive".

Look at this article:
    https://wiki.esoui.com/UserFolder
    Options