The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Best craftable gear

Bruccius
Bruccius
✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm going to be honest, my ESO character really isn't the best tool in the shed. I manage, but it's not going great. I'm kind of amazed at how well I'm doing considering I don't use any sets, enchantments, nor have traits on my gear.

I have mastered every crafting skill, and I've decided that I don't want to spend hours grinding dungeon bosses just to get a chance at getting a very good set. I'll settle with one I can just craft. So I was hoping I could get some tips. I've got every trait researched (except for some jewelry traits and the nirnhoned stuff), so I'm wondering what kind of craftable sets would be best for different roles.

Like my two-handed + bow medium armor damage dealer?
-What are the best craftable sets for him?
-What's the best trait?
-What are the best enchantments?

Or my fire wizard + healer light armor mage?
-What are the best craftable sets?
-What's the best trait?

And finally, my sword/shield + bow heavy armor tank?
-What are the best craftable sets for him?
-What's the best trait?

On my main character I play as an Imperial, and given my racial bonuses I always figured Imperials are best suited for tank builds, but I still know too little about what's actually good to experiment. I got all the resources I need, got some Kuta for the enchantments, got enough crafting materials and am nearly fully stacked on trait items, I have more than enough upgrade materials, even a fair bit of Dreugh Wax, Tempering Alloy, and Rosin, with the only upgrade material I'm kind of short on being those for jewelry... but I just want to be sure that I end up investing it in some gear which will end up actually improving my gameplay a bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For PVE DPS, traits are always Divines for armor, and Bloodthirsty for jewelry, and then Precise for weapons unless you're using dual daggers, then it's Nirnhoned and Charged. Enchantments are always all stamina on armor if you're a stamina build, or all magicka, then increase weapon damage/spell damage for jewelry, and for the weapon you are a bit open. If you go dual daggers, then Fire damage and Poison damage, if you do anything else then probably fire or poison damage, or the one that deals physical or magic damage and restores your main resource. There's always the classic sets like Julianos or Hunding's Rage, you could argue Innate Axiom is pretty good though might be overshadowed by Red Eagle's Fury, Mechanical Acuity is still ok for some builds even though it got a hard nerf a couple patches ago, if you have the sustain then New Moon Acolyte is still pretty decent, and at the moment the best crafted set, depending on your build, is Diamond's Victory. Next patch, I think Order's Wrath will be a BiS set for some builds as well.

I can't really say what's good for healer or tank, or for PVP, as I don't really do those much.
    Edited by merpins on June 5, 2022 7:09PM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't blow gold mats until you're done experimenting or at least done enough that you're comfortable with build(s). Exception would be weapons ( for non-tank). If crafting, check they 5th bonus of any set for jewelry - if it's a flat rate make it white, otherwise purple (or even blue) is fine. Gold jewellery is for Sauron - and he only had One Ring.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For your medium armor character i would go with hundig s rage and the New order 's wrath.
    Armor stamina enchant. Divines.
    Bow weapon dmg enchant + trait That improves enchantment
    2 hander precise trait and poison enchant

For your Light character law of julianos and the New orders wrath. Magicka enchants, divines.
    2x Fire staff. 1 precise with Fire enchant, 1 weapon dmg enchant and trait That improves enchantment.

If you are not ging to do veteran dungeons at all, then your second set should contain hat and schouders, weapon, and 1 ring. Rings are really expensive to craft. If you want to do vet dungeons then you should make a set of weapon + necklace + 2 rings. Cause you Will wear a monster set on head n schouders eventually.

I dont see why you would wear heavy armor and sword and shield if you are not being main tank in a dungeon. Damage potential is low. Better to go for a stamina build with medium armor and dual wield then for more dmg.

You should check alcast website, he Has good advice for starting out.

I advice to start with purple equipement and see if you like the sets while playing. If so upgrade to gold.

Light attack weaving and rotation is as important as gear to improve DPS.
    Edited by Aelorin on June 9, 2022 11:27AM
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never upgrade jewelry to purple, and definitely not gold. Even if you HAVE the mats—you can sell them for hundreds of thousands and millions of gold. You need three Zircon Platings to upgrade ONE jewelry piece—and each costs over 100k gold. You can buy like 10 good purple overland rings for that cost, depending on the set.

That's why most builds recommend only one crafted set. The next easiest thing to get is an overland set, which are cheap and farmable.

Probably the only thing worth golding is your frontbar weapon, for DPS.

For 2-handed + bow, I would use Hunding's Rage (crafted) & Briarheart (Wrothgar overland/traders). Frontbar Precise + Poison enchant/bowbar Infused + Weapon Damage enchant (aka Berserker enchant)

Inferno Staff/Resto is not great for PvE, because you want wall of elements backbar to proc your backbar enchant. Dual Inferno Staff is the best DPS on most builds. That said, I use Inferno/Resto for some PvP chars, and they can still solo DLC world bosses, so it's fine.

For Inferno/Resto, I'd go for Julianos (crafted) + Mother's Sorrow. Inferno precise + Flame enchant/Resto Infused + Weapon Damage enchant/shield enchant (depending on whether you want offense or defense). Mother's Sorrow jewelry + weapons can get you through almost anything in the game, including DLC dungeon hardmodes and no-death vet Maelstrom clears. So buying purple jewelry is a good investment.

I find the Deshaan world bosses are the best to train your DPS and self-healing with, while making money if you get a good Mother's Sorrow drop. All the bosses are doable with self-healing/blocking/roll dodging required. Except the one with the guar and spriggans; that one's seriously harder than godslayer.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner