Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can other player steal my stuff from my house or change layout of it ?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
Can other player steal my stuff from my house or change layout of it ?
I want to make my main house visitable place for guild member.
But I'm anxious about unexpected accident.
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
with [1Stam Blade].
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one can pick up or move anything you place, unless you give them decorator privileges. I think, at most, they can just turn your lights off.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for information.
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And even if you give them decorator privilege, nothing can be stolen. If they hide it, you can retrieve it and place it again, from the contents list, without tracking it down.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    And even if you give them decorator privilege, nothing can be stolen. If they hide it, you can retrieve it and place it again, from the contents list, without tracking it down.

Oh, that's interesting information. Thanks.
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the owner can add or remove furnishings. Other players can be given decorator permission if you choose to do so, and then they can move furnishings around, but that's all. They can't even take them through doors because they'd have to put it down to interact with the door.

The absolute worst someone else could do to your home is something like sink all the furnishings into the floor so it looks like they're gone and you have to use the menu to retrieve them, or arrange them into some sort of inappropriate shape.

If you want to prevent that all you need to do is set it so they have visitor permission but not decorator. That means they can come to your house whenever they like, but they can't change anything.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Only the owner can add or remove furnishings. Other players can be given decorator permission if you choose to do so, and then they can move furnishings around, but that's all. They can't even take them through doors because they'd have to put it down to interact with the door.

The absolute worst someone else could do to your home is something like sink all the furnishings into the floor so it looks like they're gone and you have to use the menu to retrieve them, or arrange them into some sort of inappropriate shape.

If you want to prevent that all you need to do is set it so they have visitor permission but not decorator. That means they can come to your house whenever they like, but they can't change anything.

Now, I understand home mechanics perfectly. Thanks.
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Limited Visitor, or whatever it's called, will also prevent people from fiddling with your lights and other interactables. They should still be able to use your banker / merchant / crafting / transmute stations etc., but won't be able to turn lights / water fountains etc. on and off.

Aside from decorating, there is one other legit reason why you might want to give others decorator privileges. Essential Housing Tools allows you to program moving objects (not just NPCs), whereas the Magic Carpet addon allows you to fly around in a house on a magic carpet. Those addons need decorator privilige to move stuff around. So if you want to duel a friend on a flying carpet or you want your guild to perform a house tour with moving objects, without attending yourself, then other(s) will need decorator privileges.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)