Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let us change house default music/music box reccomendations?

Mascen
Mascen
✭✭✭✭
So I finally managed to squirrel away all the gold and finally bought myself Proudspire manor. Problem is I quickly realized after the creepy Western Skyrim music is super annoying after a while unlike the Craglorn music I've become accustomed to in Domus Phrasticus. I'm hopefully assuming theres a no music option under settings, but if not I was wondering if anyone had some good music box suggestions that won't drive me crazy.

Also food for thought, maybe ZOS could give Rollis Hlaalu a blueprint for a "dwarven jukebox" it would count as a special item and could turn the OSTs from around the game into another form of collectibles so if you say want your Xanmeer manor to sound like Markarth/The Reach you could do that provided you collected all the pieces like skyshards or mythic equipment pieces.

Thanks for reading and any polite feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be excellent actually! My three favorite homes all have the same "generic" track that plays in several overland zones, I would love to be able to narrow it down to Clockwork City or something specific like that.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem with the Antiquarian Alpine Gallery and ended up with six different music boxes x)

These two are my favorites but their melody is very memorable meaning, it's getting repetitive quite quickly:
    Blood and Glory
    Diamond Melody

This one doesn't cost any crowns which is nice, but the melody itself is kinda eh..
    In dreams and memories

These three were once sold as a bundle, keep an eye out. The melodies are quite good actually:
    Hinterlands
    Sands of the Alikr
    Yffre in every leaf

But honestly it would be so great to select a specific soundtrack. I don't think that's going to happen though because they are making money through music boxes.
    Edited by Goren on June 4, 2022 9:06PM
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goren wrote: »
    I had the same problem with the Antiquarian Alpine Gallery and ended up with six different music boxes x)

These two are my favorites but their melody is very memorable meaning, it's getting repetitive quite quickly:
    Blood and Glory
    Diamond Melody

This one doesn't cost any crowns which is nice, but the melody itself is kinda eh..
    In dreams and memories

These three were once sold as a bundle, keep an eye out. The melodies are quite good actually:
    Hinterlands
    Sands of the Alikr
    Yffre in every leaf

But honestly it would be so great to select a specific soundtrack. I don't think that's going to happen though because they are making money through music boxes.

Yeah i was thinking sands of Alik'r or the dance among the flowers fine one. I suppose I'll have to wait for them to return though.

What I would really kill for would be a music box that plays Secunda from Skyrim. Something about that with the rain and winds on a stormy night that's just so soothing.

@NettleCarrier
    If you like the idea i'd appreciate any attention you can help give/promote it.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually wouldn't mind having a collection of music boxes if they made some nicer ones with good melodies. I would definitely buy some with music from previous TES games. Oblivion had some that would sound fantastic in a home: Wings of Kynareth, Watchmen's Ease, Auriel's Ascension, Peace of Akatosh, Harvest Dawn... And Skyrim's Secunda would be perfect.

I agree that the music of a home should be chosen to sound welcoming and homely, in fact Greenshade's music was one of the primary reasons why Cliffshade was the home I chose to buy.
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't mind having a collection of music boxes if they made some nicer ones with good melodies. I would definitely buy some with music from previous TES games. Oblivion had some that would sound fantastic in a home: Wings of Kynareth, Watchmen's Ease, Auriel's Ascension, Peace of Akatosh, Harvest Dawn... And Skyrim's Secunda would be perfect.

I agree that the music of a home should be chosen to sound welcoming and homely, in fact Greenshade's music was one of the primary reasons why Cliffshade was the home I chose to buy.

Totally but that's why i suggested a Dwarven Jukebox a bit more so than more music boxes which naturally will be expanded upon. In hindsight after listening to some music box renditions of other Elder Scrolls OSTs I realize that some pieces might not sound as good on a music box.

But yeah regarding Secunda that actually raises a whole other world of questions and legal minutia. Like is there a legal/IP reason they decided not to put Secunda into the Greymoor/Western Skyrim or was it a creative decision to avoid relying on nostalgia too much? I'd love to ask a ZOS mod or representative about, but I dont want to be rude and @ one of them constantly, nevermind I'd probably be ignored.
    Edited by Mascen on June 7, 2022 1:05PM
  • ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭
    I actually wish we had something like "ambient music" - boxes. I dont like any of the music boxes, not because of the melody but more because the sound of the instrument that starts to annoy me very quickly, the chimes or glockenspiel are starting to ring in my ears after just a couple of minutes and i have to switch off any music boxes.
    now if some of the music boxes would use different instruments than chimes, maybe violin, or maybe piano sounds at least there would be variety to the constant "ringing" in my ears.

But my favourite house at the moment is by far Snugpod because it has the most beautiful ambient sound, birds chirping, some wind hustling, the sounds of a jungle.

So if i could make a wish i would REALLY love some "music"- boxes without music, but only ambient sounds.

For example
    Grathwood Jungle sounds
    Waterfall sounds.
    Populated market - diffuse people talking (like in Leyawiin crafting area)
    calm wind through trees.
    City sounds - horse hooves clacking, noises of busywork, churchbells going off occasionally.
    Spooky sounds (I dont want those but i can imagine some would love that)
    Other weather effect sounds like light rain, thunder, chill cold wind.
    Distant animal noises... bears, dragons, wolves... farm animals....

i rather spend 1000 crowns on an ambient sound effect than another glockenspiel.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to just change the default music (not use music boxes). I really want to relax to music from Vvardenfell zone or old Daggerfall music from 1996.