Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to start DLCs?

mashugana
mashugana
How do I start any of the DLC? For example if I want to do the Gates of Oblivion story - how do I start? is there a quest NPC that starts me on the quest? I've read about all the DLC but its not clear how to start Orsinium or Clockwork.

I am a confused boomer nerd so please take pity on me :)

Thanks for any help.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1). There are often NPC quest givers in the zone that will start you. The main zone story quest givers have a slightly different icon above head than regular quest givers. Most zones have a wayshrine unlocked by default and the quest giver NPC is usually near that wayshrine. For "Gates of Oblivion", I believe the Leyawiin wayshrine in Blackwood is available by default and the NPC is near that.

or, alternatively,

2). Go to the stories/DLC section of your Collections UI. You can right-click on the particular DLC and there should be an option to start story. That will give you the quest that the NPC would have given you and point you on your way.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This explains the various "starter" quests:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Prologue_Quests
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • mashugana
    mashugana
    Thank you!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you've met the quest starter NPC for Orsinium, but may not have realised that's what she was offering. Stuga is notoriously hard to ignore and will chase you around Davon's Watch, Daggerfall or Vulkhel Guard trying to give you the quest.

Many of the other chapters and story DLCs also have NPCs to direct you to them, but there's a similar problem in that although they have quest markers and many will yell at you to accept the quest (thankfully the rest stay put) it's not always clear who is offering what or where to find them when you actually want to start it.

Personally I'd like to see the whole lot replaced with 1 NPC, maybe called a Herald or a Town Crier or something offering news from distant lands, with a dialogue tree a bit like the one at the end of the new tutorial where you can ask about each location, get a bit of info and then accept the quest if you want to. That way it's more contained instead of having ever increasing numbers of NPCs to make space for, and it's easy for players to pick up the right quest as and when they want to.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prologue quests help a little, but many will leave you wondering what to do next. That is because they were created to be done before the new chapters were released, and so you could not progress yet. What they do achieve is to tell you who is likely to give you the start quest, or where to go to find it.

And then there is Stuga.