The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

pvp performance noticeable worse since the last (extended) maintenance

MISTFORMBZZZ
MISTFORMBZZZ
✭✭✭
Last week, before the maintenance on tuesday the game was like playable. The performance wasnt great, but you could cast skills at least.
Even on the friday before and sunday was the performance on PS EU decent enough to play.

Since the last maintenance you have such a huge skill delay and horrible lag, its unenjoyable and i wonder what happened.

PC NA got the ,,new servers´´ but also they are complaining about the lag ,,came back´´ after the last maintenance.
So something must have went wrong with this , but there is no maintenance this week to fix it..

Can we get any update about what is going on please ?

• MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA Lag isn't back in the sense you all are suffering from, and I think it is unfair to the experience of console and EU players for PC NA players to let that myth spread. The lag on PC NA is most often centered around ball groups or very very large fights during prime time, and seems fine most other times. Not perfect, by any means, but better than it was.

Really wish we'd have official comment on the lag/performance though.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    PC NA Lag isn't back in the sense you all are suffering from, and I think it is unfair to the experience of console and EU players for PC NA players to let that myth spread. The lag on PC NA is most often centered around ball groups or very very large fights during prime time, and seems fine most other times. Not perfect, by any means, but better than it was.

@ZOS_Kevin can you provide some insight please
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At this point I just want some kind of - any kind of - acknowledgement about PvP and server performance etc. We were told this server change wouldn't help, and it DEFINITELY did.
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭

At this point I just want some kind of - any kind of - acknowledgement about PvP and server performance etc. We were told this server change wouldn't help, and it DEFINITELY did.

mmmh acknowledge would be great for these who dont benefit from the new servers yet 😅
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're right @MISTFORMBZZZ ...

i try my very best - not to notice the game's performance, no doubt that has gotten increasingly more difficult lately...

performance is about the same on both servers = not good
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Performance really good for some time. Too good for ok. After that it worsens a lot.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it’s only for selling high isle’s. Performance will be bad as before. So, conclusion is zos can fix lag. They won’t fix it until people playing this game.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last night I asked in zone chat (PS, EU, GH) if anyone else had noticed a recent degradation of game performance...

a few people replied they hadn't noticed any recent changes...

that kind of confused and angered me a bit...I check my connection speed all the time, no issues there - I am though most definitely experiencing a worsening in game performance recently...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea would be cool if they gave an official statement on the hardware changes and the result thereafter.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    last night I asked in zone chat (PS, EU, GH) if anyone else had noticed a recent degradation of game performance...

a few people replied they hadn't noticed any recent changes...

that kind of confused and angered me a bit...I check my connection speed all the time, no issues there - I am though most definitely experiencing a worsening in game performance recently...

PSN NA GH - Last night was one of the worst performance nights in a long time, for everyone, our toons would freeze every two steps & could jump from keep walls into a slow fall that would hold you in freefall every couple feet.
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    today was the worst ever performance on PS EU.
    Its literally unplayable. Even far away from siege, zergs anything the skills arent coming out 😂
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday was horrendous on pceu and pcna. My character would simply stop moving and skills would all be gray. I was over 250 ping on eu the entire time and over 180 ping on NA. Maybe 30fps on both. Normally on NA I am around 80-100 and up to 60fps and on EU 100-120ping and 40-50fps. Something has changed.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    hope the next maintenance fixes whatever is going on
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    hope the next maintenance fixes whatever is going on

update : no it didnt.

The performance on PS EU GH is still literally unenjoyable , its in the worst state ever.

We stopped playing this and make a pause till the next patch ist out, maybe we will have a few days lagg free cyrodiil when everyone is farming for the new mythics. Just dissapointed..
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did state that the server performance would be good for a short time and others were telling me that the server update and performance would last. The issue isn't the server and they even said that; it is the underlying code that is the problem that is making the game lag. Over the years instead of improving the base code for the game they simply kept adding more to it without keeping the older code updated so that performance would improve as coding methods improved.

Playing other games like Neverwinter and DCUO I know that to fix the code the base game will have to change to improve the games performance. It will be short lasted like this update but not a few weeks. Maybe a few months to a few years depending if they keep up on updating the code.