Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 2, 2022 5:40PM
If you've been following my thread titled "I remade the map - this time, everything is perfect
" then you'll know that Thal-J and myself have been working on an addon that seeks to fix the Tamriel map and its various inaccuracies. This has been a long time coming and we're finally at a point where we can begin beta testing! We've used Nexus as the host for the beta simply because ESO UI requires a file uploaded before a page can be made, and we wanted to have the page already prepared for release so all we'd need to do is upload the file and publish. The Addon will release after the Beta concludes on both ESO UI and Nexusmods, and will work through Minion as well. We aim to release the mod fully in time for the release of the High Isle Chapter, ideally the morning the patch goes live, so you can start this year's story off right.
The beta can be found here:https://www.nexusmods.com/elderscrollsonline/mods/187
In case you aren't familiar with what we've been working on, I'll provide a brief summary here:
- Entire map redrawn from scratch with no trace of the vanilla map left
- All zones have been slightly edited to be consistent with their zone maps
- The coastlines where zones don't currently exist have been given extra detail and reshaped to align with the Anthology map. Some Inspiration from Tamriel Rebuilt was taken for Morrowind.
- The entire map, zones included, has been changed to better reflect the shape of Tamriel and positioning of cities and landmarks (like Eastmarch and Stormhold) on the Anthology Map
- A new Eltheric Ocean map has been added so that the Systres (High Isle, Amenos, and Galen) can be properly placed according to prior maps
- and much, much more. For more details, including a full changelog, definitely head over to the forum thread and give it a read! We also have the changelog on the Nexus page.
We would appreciate any feedback and bug reports so we can get this addon perfect to ship. You can comment here or on the nexus page, whichever you prefer, as we'll be reading through both.
Before and After gif comparison:
As this is a beta, we have a few issues to iron out still. here is a compendium of the known issues. New issues reported will be added to this list as testers report them.
- Occasionally on gamepad, blobs may disappear briefly after you alt-tab. Opening your inventory and waiting a few seconds will fix the issue. Alt tabbing and tabbing back in my also fix the issue.
- On gamepad, clicking out a level from the Eltheric Ocean will take you to Reaper's March.
- The blobs are missing for Sword's Rest Isle and Dreadsail Reef. These had not yet been implemented.
- Trying to click into High Isle or Amenos on the Eltheric Map may turn your map black. This is because these zones do not exist in game yet. Closing the map and reopening will fix this issue.
- Player positions and waypoints will be in the wrong place, where they would normally be in vanilla. This is intentional as the libraries this feature depends on haven't been updated yet. This feature will work automatically when the necessary library dependencies have been updated.
- A few spelling errors in the Zone Descriptions have been reported. We had planned to rewrite those once the beta was out, so keep in mind these are all temporary.
- The zone description background shadow (to make text more legible) may bug out and display improperly on the M&K version of the map. This is not an issue for gamepad.
- Whenever you right click to go to a different map, if your cursor finds itself on an existing hitbox, the hitbox and blob won't work. You have to move the cursor entirely off of the hitbox.
The Eltheric, Tamriel, and Aurbis (wip) Maps in our addon
Vy • lae • ra