The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Retribution Stacks: A Suggestion for Group/ World Bosses

chessalavakia_ESO
chessalavakia_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
The difficulty on many group/world bosses is a fun challenge for the individual that isn't totally min maxed and smaller groups that aren't min maxed at all but, it isn't really a challenge for larger groups or min maxed players. I'd suggest giving bosses the potential to trigger Retribution Stacks to attempt to somewhat remedy this.

The Group/World Boss would have a damage counter that would calculate the non-Ultimate damage it took over an interval and if that damage passed one or more damage thresholds the boss would get a buff based on the threshold/thresholds passed for a longer interval that could stack. The buff would influence the boss's ability cooldowns, damage mitigation, and damage dealt to help it be more of a threat/less of a disappointment.

As the buff would only trigger if a damage threshold was hit, it would hopefully not mess up the experience too much for players that like the current difficulty as it would hopefully not occur much for them.

With the Zeal of Zennithar upcoming, it's likely we'll see groups of maxed out characters going from world boss to world boss and shredding them in a few seconds. Having something that would slow them down might make for a more enjoyable experience.

If the Retribution Stacks worked, it could potentially be refined to make certain quest bosses more challenging in some situations and be used in the reverse fashion to make older group content such as Harrowstorms or Dragons easier if the amount of damage incoming was below expectations for an extended period.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty on many group/world bosses is a fun challenge for the individual that isn't totally min maxed and smaller groups that aren't min maxed at all but, it isn't really a challenge for larger groups or min maxed players. I'd suggest giving bosses the potential to trigger Retribution Stacks to attempt to somewhat remedy this.

The Group/World Boss would have a damage counter that would calculate the non-Ultimate damage it took over an interval and if that damage passed one or more damage thresholds the boss would get a buff based on the threshold/thresholds passed for a longer interval that could stack. The buff would influence the boss's ability cooldowns, damage mitigation, and damage dealt to help it be more of a threat/less of a disappointment.

As the buff would only trigger if a damage threshold was hit, it would hopefully not mess up the experience too much for players that like the current difficulty as it would hopefully not occur much for them.

With the Zeal of Zennithar upcoming, it's likely we'll see groups of maxed out characters going from world boss to world boss and shredding them in a few seconds. Having something that would slow them down might make for a more enjoyable experience.

If the Retribution Stacks worked, it could potentially be refined to make certain quest bosses more challenging in some situations and be used in the reverse fashion to make older group content such as Harrowstorms or Dragons easier if the amount of damage incoming was below expectations for an extended period.

i wish a lot of world bosses actually meant something.

dragons, wwbs from the deadlands and harrowstorms are all fantastic events. but abyssal geysers, volcanic vents, deadlands portals and dolmens are pretty damn boring because they're really easy. the tricky thing is making these types of events worthwhile so you actually have people doing them. stuff like dragon blood/bile and especially rheum are very very good incentives to do dragons, but it's not like they can keep making reagents for future content. sooner or later they're going to run out of effects to put on reagents.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 30, 2022 1:44AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing the payoff can definitely bring more people in but, you run into the challenge that if you bring in too many it's trivialized and you also hit the issue that variances in ability/gear shift the difficulty a bit.

Personally, if I'm on a new/non-optimized character I'll probably do a dolmen if I pass it but, I'll generally skip Geysers if nobody else is around, I'd only do the Deadlands Portal if I was actually planning on doing it, and from my experience on the PTS I'd likely skip the Vents as well.

The Dolmens nowadays are too easy for any of my characters that are at all serious but, I've probably still gotten more overall enjoyment from them while leveling characters than from all of the other variants of that sort of content combined.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it should just be simple and increase the difficulty of WBs. We shouldn’t be able to solo them and they should require a sizable group.