Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning player in need of some help

lizards121b16_ESO
lizards121b16_ESO
Soul Shriven
I am going to be returning to the game for the first time in a very long time. The last thing that came out when i was playing was the thieves guild so yea. I have some questions i was wondering some of you might be able to answer. Sorry for all the questions and possibly some obvious answers maybe that i dont know the answers to.
1. Should i buy the everything initially or just get the base game to start (its on sale for $7)
2. Sort of related to question one but were any races or classes added in expansions?
3.I played om xbox and am going to be moving to pc this time so i was wondering what feels better for playing a controller or mouse and keyboard?
4. Does alliance matter still? some of the stuff ive seen seems like its not a big deal anymore. If it does matter which faction has the most active player base?
5. For play style i was thinking about wanting to play an archer so i was wondering if there are good cbuilds out there for an archer and if so which class?
6. Aside from archer i do like most play styles when it comes to mmos so i was wondering what would be some suggestions for just fun builds/classes to play.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Up in the air. I'd buy the base game and the 15/month sub service, since it unlocks everything sans the next major expansion and the blackwood expansion.
    2. No, but as before, imperial edition adds the imperial race to the game. I think it's also for purchase in the cash shop.
    3. This is a preference thing. I prefer mouse-and-keyboard, but I know tons of people that prefer controller.
    4. If you have imperial edition I believe you can make any race in any alliance. It only matters for Cyrodiil and Imperial City PVP.
    5. All classes work for anything. You could even play a magicka archer if you really wanted to. I'd recommend Warden as the class, as I had a ton of fun as a archer warden, but as I said before, any class will work.
    6. All classes are still good. Warden and Necromancer are the newest classes, though they're not really new anymore. Just try 'em all! I don't like Dragon Knight or Nightblade, but love Templar, Warden, and Sorcerer for example. You never know what you'll like till ya try it.
  • lizards121b16_ESO
    lizards121b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ok cool, ty for the response