The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Tierlist for Ascending Tide

VarisVaris
VarisVaris
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone, it has been quite some time since we've come around to doing this but just like a certain Creative Director said "no one leaves the scrolls".

PvP balance undergoes massive balance shake ups about as frequently as some daedric prince decides to invade Tamriel and the last few patches have of course been no exception, well maybe they have. The changes that were introduced with Ascending Tides have resulted in something as unlikely as a magicka dragonknight dying this patch, for the first time in years playing a "hybrid" is more viable than choosing to spec into one respective resource. While this is only limited to one class (nightblade) and is only limited to a single playstyle it is something one would have been laughed at until the first details of the Ascending Tide patch notes were released.

The step of making almost every ability scale with your highest stat altered the game more significantly than any single patch did in the last 5 years and that is saying something. A change of this magnitude will of course come with a lot of drawbacks, most notably a big jump in survivability as every specs gained access to new toys that keep them alive. Speaking of being immortal, cross healing hasn't seen any limitations in Ascending Tide and you can bet that bringing radiating regen to a small scale group is still key to being invited in the first place. With the hybrid changes stamina specs are now free to use a resto staff on their backbar but in practice one will generally bring the magicka version of the respective class for smallscale. The two obvious exceptions here are stamden being the better choice over magden in any occasion (lol at the magden nerfs coming with next patch I mean we know poop is a good fertilizer but you can also go a little too far) and stamina sorc or precisely bowsorc being a better choice for BG compositions than magicka sorcs.
When looking at the whole picture a trend from the last few patches has continued with three individual specs namely magicka dragonknight, templar and necromancer being on top of every single list with magicka dragonknight coming out on top for obvious reasons currently. With High Isles on the horizon packed with some nerfs for both magicka templar and dragonknight we are happy to see how things evolve but as of right now, no one dares to rival the big three on top of the food chain.

With those words I like to finish this introduction to this patch's PvP Tier list and are eagerly waiting for what you think about it.

Ascending-Tides-TLFRONT-min-1.jpg
Ascending-Tides-TLBACK-min-1.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 31, 2022 1:46AM
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    x3w671ovzeql.png

Hopefully the good ol Zos Rubberband Effect will Shoot Magdens up to somewhere useful soon. This is not our Shining Moment.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also as a Side note, it feels like Hybridization really helped out Stam more than it helped Mag setups.

Stam now has access to more potent Magicka Morphs which helps sustain, more powerful heals. While Mag is already using (in many cases) the more potent skills and don't generally have the sustain or resources to use Stam Morphs due to the Core Abilities (Block, Dodge, Sprint, Break Free) being a higher priority.
    Edited by Mr_Stach on May 27, 2022 3:55PM

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly, we need to Nerf Sorc.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    VarisVaris wrote: »
    The two obvious exceptions here are stamden being the better choice over magden in any occasion (lol at the magden nerfs coming with next patch I mean we know poop is a good fertilizer but you can also go a little too far)

I'M DEAD LOL. zos didn't just go too far, they refused to listen at all. never in my time on this forum have i seen the warden community be this up in arms about zos's warden changes only to see absolutely everything of major concern during the subsequent incrementals be addressed in some form with warden entirely missing.

we echoed the same thing that boils down to:

"please for the love of all that is holy, just make arctic blast an offensive ranged stun with double duration so it can be used in pve"

we got silence. no changes, no word. just nothing.

amazing.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 27, 2022 4:41PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two obvious exceptions here are stamden being the better choice over magden in any occasion (lol at the magden nerfs coming with next patch I mean we know poop is a good fertilizer but you can also go a little too far)

I'M DEAD LOL. zos didn't just go too far, they refused to listen at all. never in my time on this forum have i seen the warden community be this up in arms about zos's warden changes only to see absolutely everything of major concern during the subsequent incrementals be addressed in some form with warden entirely missing.

"please for the love of all that is holy, just make arctic blast an offensive ranged stun with double duration so it can be used in pve"

amazing.

it was a lot but i dont think it quite hit the level of the AWA implementation feedback being 100+ pages then getting a half-baked response that had nothing to do with it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

amazing.

it was a lot but i dont think it quite hit the level of the AWA implementation feedback being 100+ pages then getting a half-baked response that had nothing to do with it lol

That's fair, we haven't even had a half baked response though :'(

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excellent graphic presentation of data!

I have to say lately though that I get my butt kicked by stamsorcs more than anything else in 1v1. I’m playing magsorc right now.

EDIT: typos
    Edited by katanagirl1 on May 28, 2022 5:48AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Mag Sorc Is lower than B. Only thing we have is mobility and damage. Everything else about it is absolutely garbage in comparison to every other class. Where is its healing without a Pet ? And Dark Deal and its morphs which has a cast time and can be interrupted. Where is its defence? Do NOT say sheilds. They are utterly garbage. They can easily be brought down. Nerf and after nerf. We spend more time casting roll dodge and streak than anything else. Class has become a run away simulator. And the only extremely good burst we have is from overload spam which is actually the cheesiest way to pay. The class has been nerfed for years. Literally only magblade and mag warden are worse. Still tho im glad people are recognising is absolutely not that good anymore
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too late....
    PC/EU
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden is seriously underestimated ...
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Warden is seriously lacking basic tools in It's kit to be really competitive. When they add an on demand stun, Give wings Snare/imob Immunity, a burst heal that scales off Max resources instead of health, a sustain passive that doesn't require you healing someone else.

I would say Warden is very Estimated. You can currently make do, but why struggle on Warden when you could excel on Magplar or mDK.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »

Warden is seriously lacking basic tools in It's kit to be really competitive. When they add an on demand stun, Give wings Snare/imob Immunity, a burst heal that scales off Max resources instead of health, a sustain passive that doesn't require you healing someone else.

I would say Warden is very Estimated. You can currently make do, but why struggle on Warden when you could excel on Magplar or mDK.

VERY estimated. i know a lot of the players who participated in that discussion, they are far better than i'll ever be.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

VERY estimated. i know a lot of the players who participated in that discussion, they are far better than i'll ever be.

Yeah as long as Warden lacks important tools like a good stun, we're gonna ride the struggle bus.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah as long as Warden lacks important tools like a good stun, we're gonna ride the struggle bus.

have been for damn years. I've always despised AB3.0's stun that was ripped from permafrost.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 30, 2022 5:11AM
  • Shadieq
    Shadieq
    Soul Shriven
    I'm returning after an almost year long break and it's fascinating to see how many changes there have been, especially the whole hybridization thing. Is the "Class Discussion" Discord mentioned in the slides open for general public? I'm mostly interested in the hybrid NB as I remember that hybrid builds were indeed laughable, would love to see how people play them now when it's apparently viable.
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamLAD wrote: »
    I think Mag Sorc Is lower than B. Only thing we have is mobility and damage. Everything else about it is absolutely garbage in comparison to every other class. Where is its healing without a Pet ? And Dark Deal and its morphs which has a cast time and can be interrupted. Where is its defence? Do NOT say sheilds. They are utterly garbage. They can easily be brought down. Nerf and after nerf. We spend more time casting roll dodge and streak than anything else. Class has become a run away simulator. And the only extremely good burst we have is from overload spam which is actually the cheesiest way to pay. The class has been nerfed for years. Literally only magblade and mag warden are worse. Still tho im glad people are recognising is absolutely not that good anymore

For me Magsorc is C or D atm. shields are garbage...most of the time you need to recast them because they down, Heal if you find a good show me :D you said it right most of time dodge an streak try to get your combo up and hopefully kill someone and again dodge and streak. BTW i saw you on your blade now.
    Xbox EU Server X'ing, Small Scale PvP, Ballgroup PvP

PC EU X'ing, Small Scale PvP
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the obvious magplar, magdkj, and mag necro that are all over the place. Curious about this hybrid NB build. Been in a fight with a few and tough buggers.